• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Tower inventory is loaded for 2019 reservations

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would only consider staying here is I chose to NOT get a car. Parking is $$ charged, and it a hike from this building, although I AFAIK they are going to build a drive, so you can drive up and check in, unload, and then park or valet your car. None of the other 3 Waikoloa resort charge for parking and they parking is right there at your unit.

I usually get a car on the Big Island, so that may mean I may never stay here.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Everyone complains about the walk to the parking lot, but I've always enjoyed it. I don't like paying for parking though. But the ocean views from this tower, which I've had numerous times, beat the locations of the other Hilton properties.

Fhloston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV The Bay Club, HGV West 57th Street
Here is the HGVC Ocean Tower brochure dated January 2018 I recently received.
I note in the fine print on the last page: Prices range from $9,650 - $750,000. Prices subject to change.

Attachments

• Ocean Tower Brochure.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 365

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Everyone complains about the walk to the parking lot, but I've always enjoyed it. I don't like paying for parking though. But the ocean views from this tower, which I've had numerous times, beat the locations of the other Hilton properties.

The walk from Bay Club is nice and the view at Bhudda Point cant be beat. The units at BC are probably twice as big.

I doubt I will ever stay at OT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Each of the HGVC properties on the Big island have their PROs and CONs.
I’m just happy that we have choices and hope to visit them all :thumbup:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey we have a studio option, that is new.

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land
When I saw the Ocean Tower inventory open up, I decided to split my Kings' Land booking between it, and an Ocean Tower studio, for my upcoming trip.

The OT studios seem to be more than 100sqft bigger than any of the HHV studios, so it should seem "roomy" right after my stay in a Kalia Suites studio.

I wonder if there are plans to put a driveway to, and reception at, the OT? No idea if that is even possible.

I'm interested to see how OT check-in is handled. I never did change my shuttle drop off, so I'll chat with the folks at Kings' Land, and have a late lunch at the bistro, before heading over to OT.

Who knows, maybe the folks at KL can actually check me in :)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was told that a road would be built for checkin purposes only. It will run along the property line, down behind the convention center space. But their lips were moving, so who knows.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. When TUG guru Greg and I toured in February we were told the same thing, by a senior official. Check in will be separate with an independent lobby. Also Greg and I were both impressed with the studio units.

Harry

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
Just went to "owners update" at Sunrise Park City Utah and was told those high point packages at ocean tower over 20k points were just being bought for low MF and very few if any buyers of these would actually use them for their "home week"
As resale buyer was told that I was not paying my fair share. I have 28k points with three resales and was told I would need to pay 80 to 100k + closing costs to upgrade to the highest premium elite status about 34k points. They wanted me to convert to Trump International and my MF would go up from just under 4k now to 7k/year approximately. NO WAY.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Just went to "owners update" at Sunrise Park City Utah and was told those high point packages at ocean tower over 20k points were just being bought for low MF and very few if any buyers of these would actually use them for their "home week"
As resale buyer was told that I was not paying my fair share. I have 28k points with three resales and was told I would need to pay 80 to 100k + closing costs to upgrade to the highest premium elite status about 34k points. They wanted me to convert to Trump International and my MF would go up from just under 4k now to 7k/year approximately. NO WAY.

Thats a load of BS, every resale sold has already paid the developer premium when it was first sold. They can keep Elite status.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
As resale buyer was told that I was not paying my fair share.
I cannot roll my eyes enough at this. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Wait. Your fair share of what? The extravagant lifestyles the sales weasels aspire to?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I cannot roll my eyes enough at this.
Isn't that the truth. The real problem in the TS industry is the sales department. They and their lies devalue timeshares imho. Conceptually it's a good idea, but the unending greed of the sales arm is awful.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
IMO...If you really want elite benefits for a fraction of the price, I believe you can still purchase via an affiliate (or has this option been closed?)

Another way to get some elite benefits is to buy a low-end NYC resale if you think you would use it. You get:

All Inclusive (free online and phone) reservations for $120/year (equivalent to 34k Clubpoint benefit)
Gold Hhonors
Elevated Rewards Membership (discounts on restaurants and events)
Dedicated phone line.

What you don't get:

Free banking and other fees (bHC is free for reservations only)
Upgrades when available
Elite insider communications
Welcome gift (usually cookies)
Access to dedicated check in area (however I have been waived over to use this on numerous occasions from the regular line)
Elite room keys (at some properties)
Special pricing on referral and other developer purchases (oh boy)
Open season discounts (10 - 30%)
Complementary one-way transfer from airport to select Club properties (34k bonus only)

Although it is nice to have the elite wristbands at beach resorts, we get everything we need by being a bHC owner.

Last edited:

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
If you really want elite benefits....I believe you can still purchase via an affiliate
Not all affiliates. We bought Bay Club last December, and have 16,800 points per year, no elite benefits. I know Craigendarroch resale works for elite - not sure who else.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Not all affiliates. We bought Bay Club last December, and have 16,800 points per year, no elite benefits. I know Craigendarroch resale works for elite - not sure who else.

I believe all Craigendarroch resales go through their Hilton Sales rep, that's why they count toward elite.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I believe all Craigendarroch resales go through their Hilton Sales rep, that's why they count toward elite.
Exactly -- it has more to do with who the resales go through vs. the location of the resale.

Kurt

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score

So you would be paying $80-100k for an extra 7000 points. I’m guessing they offered to subtract the amount you paid for your timeshares. When I pointed out to the sales guys that in actuality I would be paying $50,000 out of pocket and only getting like 6,200 extra points, in a offer similar to yours he told me no! I couldn’t look at it that way. What I had to realize is that I would become the crème de la crème of HGVC owners. The “you’re not paying you fair share” quote reminded me of the stupid crème de la crème statement.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Exactly -- it has more to do with who the resales go through vs. the location of the resale.

Correct. It is determined by who (HGVC rep or not) you purchased the resale through. If you use the HGVC onsite rep for the resale, then it should count.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
So you would be paying $80-100k for an extra 7000 points. I’m guessing they offered to subtract the amount you paid for your timeshares. When I pointed out to the sales guys that in actuality I would be paying $50,000 out of pocket and only getting like 6,200 extra points, in a offer similar to yours he told me no! I couldn’t look at it that way. What I had to realize is that I would become the crème de la crème of HGVC owners. The “you’re not paying you fair share” quote reminded me of the stupid crème de la crème statement.

Hmmmm . . . I should use that line on my wife when I want something outrageous. I can tell her “she can’t look at me wanting that new boat that way. I’m the crème de la crème of husbands.” I wonder how that would go over.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Visited Waikoloa Hilton Ocean Towers this week. I took my CEO to see what she thought about the units. The Makai (partial) wing is sold out, we were told. Now taking reservations on pre-construction front tower. They could not explain why the next construction was in this tower and not the 2nd tower. No evidence of any construction going on. All check in is located at the towers in an impressive new lobby. From the main hotel lobby at least a seven minute walk. With luggage this is a big problem although the tram could be used. I beat the tram walking. Hilton is planning an access road but the neighboring condo association is contesting. They fear annoying head lights.
The models are the same Greg and I toured 2 years ago. The front tower I believe will have limited studio units which Greg, my CEO and I feel is the best deal (still 5250 points) . Hilton will have new boats all electric for its timeshare owners.
New tower units are supposed to be available by 2021 with reservations starting this April.??
Overall this should be an impressive Hillton property.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

LoL You would be the creme de la creme of commissions for the sales force...lucky you!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Visited Waikoloa Hilton Ocean Towers this week. I took my CEO to see what she thought about the units. The Makai (partial) wing is sold out, we were told. Now taking reservations on pre-construction front tower. They could not explain why the next construction was in this tower and not the 2nd tower. No evidence of any construction going on. All check in is located at the towers in an impressive new lobby. From the main hotel lobby at least a seven minute walk. With luggage this is a big problem although the tram could be used. I beat the tram walking. Hilton is planning an access road but the neighboring condo association is contesting. They fear annoying head lights.
The models are the same Greg and I toured 2 years ago. The front tower I believe will have limited studio units which Greg, my CEO and I feel is the best deal (still 5250 points) . Hilton will have new boats all electric for its timeshare owners.
New tower units are supposed to be available by 2021 with reservations starting this April.??
Overall this should be an impressive Hillton property.
Thanks for the update :)