• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Time (OC,MD) -additional $85 fee per week for RCI exchanges

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
FYI- It seems that Ocean Time has implemented an $85 per week amenities fee/HK fee even if you stay a full week for reservations booked through RCI.
I did email management and they confirmed the fee would apply to all rci exchanges. I asked when this was implemented and if it was a decision from the HOA and have not heard back.

I have a 3 week reservation booked last August and it indicated a fee might be charged for RCI points. The current warning specifically says it will apply to all RCI points and weeks reservations. Since there really aren't any amenities and a single housekeeping should be paid for by the owner I don't know what it is for. The starter packet is the most pathetic of any resort - a single paper towel, a single dishwasher tab, a single washing machine box and one toilet paper in each bathroom. The bathroom did have one extra trash bag under the trash bag but the kitchen had only one with no extra. This is when staying as an owner. I guess I will find out next week if exchangers get any extra. Even if they do it won't be worth $85.

It is a shame as this was one of the few bargins in terms of exchanges if you could get it during nice weather time. I did pick up 2 extra weeks knowing about the fee for family during the first 2 weeks of my stay and at 6500 reduced points stay it is worth it. I am trying to dispute it on the 3 weeks booked at 87,000 points (total booked last August) unless they can show me that the fee was implemented before I booked.

I also would like to know how the $85 fee is being applied to the budget.

I will be honest, I don't attend the annual meeting and may have missed a mailing so would appreciate it if any other owners have seen the documentation and history behind this fee.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Maybe it is a "because they can" net generator of revenue. Seems like it may cost several off-season stays.

Doesn't appear they have been that timely in updating the rest of their "other urgent information" on RCI:

"From April 1 - October 31, Ocean Time guests will have access to the indoor swimming pool at The Waves - located adjacent to Ocean Time. The Waves address is 13500 Coastal Highway."

If that pool is closed for COVID-19, sounds like they really have nothing.