• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Pointe with Kids

ramsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have kids 9 and 11. What are some fun things to do when we are in West Palm Beach at Ocean Pointe? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!!

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My kids love Ocean Pointe

We have stayed at Ocean Pointe 2 times and my kids, who are now 9 and 11 loved it. They ususally have some daily activities for the kids, some or better than other, depends on what interests your kids have. A wide variety of activites in the area, although some are a little expensive. A partial listof some of our activities:

Pools
Beach
gameroom
volleyball
parasailing
jetskis
snorkling
boat cruises (avoid the DevaDuck)
Did I mention the pools and beach

Many others that I sure others will mention. You know, maybe we need to try to get back again this summer. :)

Gary

td0804

TUG Member
Reaction score
grupp said:
We have stayed at Ocean Pointe 2 times and my kids, who are now 9 and 11 loved it. They ususally have some daily activities for the kids, some or better than other, depends on what interests your kids have. A wide variety of activites in the area, although some are a little expensive. A partial listof some of our activities:

Pools
Beach
gameroom
volleyball
parasailing
jetskis
snorkling
boat cruises (avoid the DevaDuck)
Did I mention the pools and beach

Many others that I sure others will mention. You know, maybe we need to try to get back again this summer. :)

Gary

How is the golfing? are there many courses close?
Any courses with reasonable greens fees? my son is 12, we'll be there next month and i'm not into dropping $150 for 18 so that he can stop at the 11th hole.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some very good courses near OP. In fact, you shd signup( OP Sailfish Lobby) for the Wednesday "Golf Day". Transportation from OP, green fees, club rental if you need it (or BYO).

To the original poster....your kids wld love the water taxi to Clematis St on Thursday night. Leaves from Sailfish Marina( 5 minute walk from OP). Also walk over to Max & Eddie's for pizza(they also deliver to OP). And, as said above, there is lots to do @ OP to keep them busy. :cool:

gatoredy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 8 and 11 year old kids and had an absolute blast going deep sea fishing with
http://www.samanacharters.com/ They were patient, friendly, and everybody on the boat caught at least one fish. (My 11 year old girl caught 4 all over 10 lbs. each) They have 2 boats that hold only small groups. Novices are welcome and they make your experience fun because they bait your hooks and clean your catch afterward. I recommend a half day trip. We took our catch to the sailfish marina who grilled them up for us and added tasty sides making it a fresh no mess dinner. Best thing we did while at OP...the experience was priceless.

ArBravesFan

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Wednesday golf outing to the North Palm Beach Country Club. They pick you up at the resort and take you to the course and back at the end of the round. Leave about 11:30 back around 5:30. $65 for green fee, cart and transportation. Book it through the Activities Center at OP. Charge it to your room for Marriott Reward points!

ramsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey tuggers, thanks for all the suggestions!! Gatoredy, how many people did they take out fishing at a time?

gatoredy

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have 2 boats and advertise 6 on one and 8 on the other. We must have taken the larger boat because we had 8 on our trip.

Good Luck!!

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our kids are 3 and 6. Are there activities at OP for little kids? Do they have a kids' pool? How about a playground for little ones? Is the beach swimmable in October?

Thanks

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
ramsfan said:
We have kids 9 and 11. What are some fun things to do when we are in West Palm Beach at Ocean Pointe? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!!

This was posted on our Ocean Pointe Owners group
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OPnewsgroup/):

http://www.southflorida.com/sfparenting/sfe-sfp_thingstodo,0,2629834.storygallery

Also, you can call Sean Payne at Visit Palm Beach if you want to arrange a "just for you" outing. His no. is (561) 722-2547. Just yesterday I was talking to him about things his company can arrange and he told of a couple different kinds of kayak trips. He's very clever and professional.

Suzzanne

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Stefa: Yes, OP has kids' pool & a playground. OPalso has an "activities Centre"(arts & crafts & that kind of stuff). And, the beach is gorgeous in October.