• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Pointe - Pizza Hut

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry Smooth
I just tried to post a lengthy reply to a number of positive things... and hit "a wrong button"..... and lost it all.
Catch up another time.

I can't imagine what I would do without the internet and a computer. Having done many times what you just did it does want to make you chuck the thing in the garbage once in a while though.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems Pizza Hut in general has changed their recipe's and the result is exactly as the OP said. Doughy, tasteless and no longer worth buying. I too would recommend looking for other brands. Usually there are a few locally based pizza place that have great ratings that are far better than any national "name" brands tend to be. I'd try to find one or two of those.

I think Pizza Hut has been in a cost cutting mode since they have moved to their new simplified menu. Menu items are much cheaper than in the past, but the quality has suffered. We used to love the cheese lovers plus pizza, which has now been removed from the menu. Rather disappointing. Can still get some decent deals sometime though, two 3 topping pizzas for $18 really can't be beat, even when they are offering their any pizza for $10 deal. Still love the pan crust.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne,
So this pizza place is v/ close to Ocean Pointe if it is just up the road from Oceana Palms! Yippee!
Can you pls give me directions?

Smooth Air:cool:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
It's on the left side as you go north on Ocean Blvd. I think it is just past PGA Blvd.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks! So...it's very close to but across the street from Carmines?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Great! Thanks! So...it's very close to but across the street from Carmines?

I haven't been to Carmines so I don't know. Here is the address:

2680 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Suzanne!
Carmines is @ 2401 PGA Blvd, so close.
We had the most wonderful dinner @ Carmines a few weeks ago! Can't wait to go back!
Will definitely go to Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza next time!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Suzanne!
Carmines is @ 2401 PGA Blvd, so close.
We had the most wonderful dinner @ Carmines a few weeks ago! Can't wait to go back!
Will definitely go to Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza next time!

Don't forget to order their family style salad and wings as well! It's a real cholesteral feast!:banana:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was at Oceana Palms in November, I had an excellent pizza delivered from a place on Peanut Island but I can't recall the name. The concierge had recommended it.

Max and Eddie's used to have good NY style pizza even after their service had deteriorate. However, we didn't get one during this trip because the owner was screaming at his waiter during our previous visit when I was picking up our pizza.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When I was at Oceana Palms in November, I had an excellent pizza delivered from a place on Peanut Island but I can't recall the name. The concierge had recommended it.

Are there even any roads to and from Peanut Island? Did they take the pizza over from the island via a ferry to deliver to Oceana Palms? I thought the entire island was a park, are there even any restaurants on the island?

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Regarding Peanut Island (and I'm not sure if we are getting off track), I heard yesterday that two concessionaires are operating at PI off of their boat. One is selling pizza, one is selling Margaritas and cocktails.
Probably a weekend deal....because that's when the crowds are largest.
It could be a rumor or "wishful thinking"
Mike

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there even any roads to and from Peanut Island? Did they take the pizza over from the island via a ferry to deliver to Oceana Palms? I thought the entire island was a park, are there even any restaurants on the island?

I found the menu of the restaurant and now know I am not losing my mind (only my memory). It is Romana Pizza at 45 East Blue Heron, and they provide free delivery. We found the pizza to be fairly priced and very good. The reason I was confused is that 'Peanut Island Delivery' is printed in bold on the back of the menu above the phone number.

I apologize for the confusion. I was traveling at the time and had a bad cold.