• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Point Pictures. . . . ?

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked our very first exchange. We traded a Manor Club one bedroom for an Ocean Point one bedroom over Memorial Day weekend . . . yea! We're excited. Do any of you tuggers have pictures you would like to share?

Also any tips on don't miss things to do or see? Any insite would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Karen

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Karen

My wife and I were at OP May 05 and will be returning a couple of weeks before you May 13-20. There was a thread last week concerning restuarants that you may want to look up. Sailfish Marina is my favorite as it is within short walking distance of OP. It seems to be the favorite of most who visit. I am providing a link to some photos that were taken in May 05. I apologize for not labeling all the photos but it will give you a good idea of what a 1 BR unit looks like and the area around the resort. I would call down about a month before and put in a room/building request. I have a resort map that I can email you. In some of the photos of the beach you will notice that the ocean appears "rough, choppy". I had mentioned this in a thread when I was there in May. A fellow tugger (OP owner) pointed out that when the wind is out of the NE this condition may occur. He was absolutly correct and regardless of the wind my wife and I had great beach days. OP will not disappoint you.

http://share.dell.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbMW7Zk3as2RJ

bob

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. It looks beautiful there.

Do you have to rent the cabanas?

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindi

My wife took care of all that (lol). When you go to the beach just crab a cabana and some one (staff) will come up to you. They have different plans. I think my wife paid about $100 for three days. There are cabanas around the pool area but we did not use them and I do not know if you can reserve or pay for them. Maybe an OP owner can give more percise information in that regard.

bob

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob . . . thanks for the pictures. I will send a few onto my daughter who is stationed with the Navy in Jacksonville. She is hoping she will be able to getway for the long memorial day weekend.

Yes . . . if you would not mind e-mailing me a map of the buildings, I would appreciate it. Any suggestions as to building or floor? Looks like a lot of the palms block the views. Do all units have ocean views? I had the same question as Cindi regarding the chairs/cabanas. Thanks again for your reply. Karen

JACKC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great pict's. Thanks.

We are booked for a first-time stay Dec. 29, '06. Can't wait!

Jack

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as renting the cabanas, you can barter. Ask for the price and offer less. I don't remember what we settled on but it was worth it.

Anne

Poette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from OP on Friday. Thanks to all the TUG recommendations, we had great meals at Juno Beach Fish House, Too Jays, Bonefish Grill, Max & Eddies, Johnny Longboats and Sailfish(breakfast).

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
The cabanas around the pool are free. OP management asks that you just go down and use them when available, but to not place your property inside them to "hold" it while you are off doing other things. They are a nice touch especially if you need to avoid a substantial amount of sun.
As I recall, you have to rent cabanas, chairs and umbrellas on the beach and they were not particularly cheap. That is an outside concession and is not associated with OP.
Mike

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I have a lot of pictures of Ocean Pointe at http://community.webshots.com/album/189441756DFDsxn

These are a compliation of pics from our various stays at OP as owners. I do not have any updated photo's of building 5 since it's been opened. This past year we took a cruise instead and exchange our unit for Rewards points.

dgleason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visiting soon

Hi Bob: Loved :eek: the pictures! I will be visiting the resort the end of June with Teenage daughters. Wondering if you can recommend a building to request that is near the pool area? How many floors are there in the buildings? I usually request a high floor. Any suggestions to recommend for the teenagers? If you have a map of the resort perhaps you can fax it to me, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much, Debbie

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Debbie

I like Sailfish or Dolphin because it is closest to MarketPlace, main pool, club house, bar and the Dune walk over to the beach. A second pool is located between Cobia and Pompano with Pompano closest to the Fitness Center. Kingfish is farthest away and I believe has it's own pool. As for building choice IMHO they are all good it's up to the individual. My choice is also a high floor. I do not know the number of floors but quessing I would say 6-7. Can not help you with the teenage daughters I'm a couple years past that stage (I had sons) as mine are all grown and out of the nest (lol). Now it's dad when are you going to take your grand kids to Disney. Of course its understood that where the grand kids go...they go(lol). Email me if you still want the map as I have saved it as a file and can send it back to you as an attachment.

bob

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
sandytoes said:
DougP . . .just another question . . . how are you able to post your pictures for sharing on line? I took lots of pictures when we went to Manor Club and was wondering how I could share them with other Tuggers. Your insite would be appriciated. Karen

I signed up for an account at http://www.webshots.com . They have an account that is free but they limit the number of photo's and alblums you can have. I ended up just buying the membership for $30/year for as long as I want to keep it.

There are other online services as well but I've always found the format at Webshots works best for me.

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks dougp . . . I did a web search and looked at the various web hosting sites and went with smugmug.com. You can go to www.clarkfamilyphotos.smugmug.com to see the Manor Club pics I posted. I liked the name and format . . . price was about the same as your site. Again, thanks for getting back to me. It's fun sharing photos and information. Karen

driftwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
iamnotshopgirl said:
Debbie

I like Sailfish or Dolphin because it is closest to MarketPlace, main pool, club house, bar and the Dune walk over to the beach. A second pool is located between Cobia and Pompano with Pompano closest to the Fitness Center. Kingfish is farthest away and I believe has it's own pool. As for building choice IMHO they are all good it's up to the individual. My choice is also a high floor. I do not know the number of floors but quessing I would say 6-7. Can not help you with the teenage daughters I'm a couple years past that stage (I had sons) as mine are all grown and out of the nest (lol). Now it's dad when are you going to take your grand kids to Disney. Of course its understood that where the grand kids go...they go(lol). Email me if you still want the map as I have saved it as a file and can send it back to you as an attachment.

bob
Could I get a copy also? We just exchanged into OP for the first time and are wondering about the best way to request room/floor/building etc?

Thanks

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Driftwood

I have read on prior threads that there is a certain pecking order for assigning rooms (resort owners, Marriott owners, exchangers etc.) and I do not doubt that this may be true. I make it a practice of calling down to whatever resort I am going to stay at 3-4 weeks ahead of time and putting in a room/floor/building request. I have made a lot of exchanges (II) and have been quite successful in obtaining the building I want but not so successful in obtaining the floor I want. I find that Marriott tries to accommodate your request the best they can and IMHO it does not hurt to make the call and request in advance. The telephone number for OP is 1-561-882-3000 and ask for room control. In regard to building I prefer Sailfish as noted above. If you missed the thread on restuarants in the OP area check the achives as it appeared in the last 2-3 weeks. OP will not disappoint you.

bob

driftwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanx again. We are Marriott owners also, so good to hear the advice. Onlky been back from Aruba 3 weeks and homesick already!