• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean front 2 bed room Kaui Beach Villas listed for sale

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Auction Ended - Did a Tugger get it?

So, the auction ended with a final price of $127.50. A great price! Did a Tugger win it?

Dave

slabeaume

Reaction score
I thought about it. But I think I'll wait for a 2 bedroom oceanfront to become available again. So keep up the notifications of oceanfront KBV for sale!

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I beat my old best buy

Despite the title of this thread, a lot of the posts have been about 1 bedroom units, so I'm adding this one here.

My old best buy was $3 for 1 bedroom, 2 bath, oceanfront, EOY. My new best buy is same type of unit but annual for $1. And here's the kicker: It includes MFs for 2011 and transfer fee, so I'm getting a year for free. The closing fee is a little high, but that's offset by the free year.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Linsj, I have one thing to say: :clap:

You continue to impress! Way to go.

Dave

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Linsj, I have one thing to say: :clap:

You continue to impress! Way to go.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

Although I'd walked through the property years ago when I stayed at the (then) Hilton next door, I never would have thought about buying here if it weren't for TUG. I think the location is the best on the island, and the ocean view from the lanai is hard to beat.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think the location is the best on the island, and the ocean view from the lanai is hard to beat.

You've discovered the reason it's my primary timeshare ownership. Other locations in my meager portfolio have come and gone, but KBV oceanview is (for me) the best reason to own a timeshare.

And now that the resort has had a shake up in management, they're improving the overall condition of things, and are working very hard to get back their Gold Crown status with RCI. They were *this close* to getting it back last year, so I'm curious to see what happens after January 1st.

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
What shake up of management? Isn't it still Wyndham? PAHIO is gone because David Walters died of cancer.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
What shake up of management? Isn't it still Wyndham? PAHIO is gone because David Walters died of cancer.

Internal management at the resort. Lani Kaui, long time resort manager, has moved up to work in Princeville. She was replaced by a man who came down from Princeville, (his name escapes me), who has changed a number of internal things at the resort. He's implemented some new things for guests, such as free computer/printer use in the lobby, which makes it much more convenient than before. Some of the office staff has changed, too, I believe, and the current staff is fiercely focused on providing outstanding customer service.

There is a new landscaping company taking care of the grounds at KBV as well as the grounds of the Aqua-run Kauai Beach Resort hotel next door. Both places look better than ever. They are working hard at repairing/preserving the buildings, and taking care of the issues that arise from being an "on the sand" oceanfront resort. Since the remodel of the swimming pool earlier this year, and the ongoing cooperative arrangement to use the Aqua hotel's extensive swimming pool complex for free, the options available to KBV guests have increased a lot. Other resorts may be fancier, but I continue to enjoy my ownership at Kauai Beach Villas.

Dave

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Internal management at the resort. Lani Kaui, long time resort manager, has moved up to work in Princeville. She was replaced by a man who came down from Princeville, (his name escapes me), who has changed a number of internal things at the resort. He's implemented some new things for guests, such as free computer/printer use in the lobby, which makes it much more convenient than before. Some of the office staff has changed, too, I believe, and the current staff is fiercely focused on providing outstanding customer service.

There is a new landscaping company taking care of the grounds at KBV as well as the grounds of the Aqua-run Kauai Beach Resort hotel next door. Both places look better than ever. They are working hard at repairing/preserving the buildings, and taking care of the issues that arise from being an "on the sand" oceanfront resort. Since the remodel of the swimming pool earlier this year, and the ongoing cooperative arrangement to use the Aqua hotel's extensive swimming pool complex for free, the options available to KBV guests have increased a lot. Other resorts may be fancier, but I continue to enjoy my ownership at Kauai Beach Villas.

Dave

You're truly blessed to have such a gem. We've stayed on a trade, and it's on my short list of possible additions to our holdings.

Marty

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You're truly blessed to have such a gem. We've stayed on a trade, and it's on my short list of possible additions to our holdings.

Marty

Thanks, Marty. But Sssh! Let's not tell anyone else how nice it is. ;)

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I saw a person giving away two EOY units at this resort under Bargain Deals.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave

I wish I hadn't come up this thread. :eek: Will have to check it out tomorrow.:whoopie:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd sure like to know what is happening...or not happening to the KBV 2 BR 2 BA I bought on eBay last July. It was scheduled to close Oct 24, but that didn't happen. I also paid the 2010 MF, and here we are in 2011. I've had lots of encouragement, but no action.
I've somehow gotten a confirmed reservation for next Nov., but it still is not in our name. I've paid $1100+ for nothing?
I am a bit frustrated, as you may guess. Jean

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'd sure like to know what is happening...or not happening to the KBV 2 BR 2 BA I bought on eBay last July. It was scheduled to close Oct 24, but that didn't happen. I also paid the 2010 MF, and here we are in 2011. I've had lots of encouragement, but no action.
I've somehow gotten a confirmed reservation for next Nov., but it still is not in our name. I've paid $1100+ for nothing?
I am a bit frustrated, as you may guess. Jean

Jean, sorry to hear you're having trouble. If you can't get answers from your closing company, try calling the resort. There are two phone numbers you can try calling. One is the resort itself (808-245-6777), the other is Owner Services for the resort (808-826-8477).

If you have a confirmed reservation, I'd ask them how that reservation is being held. Was it made by the previous owner for your benefit, or did they put it into your name ahead of time? And if it's in your name, why hasn't the deed been transferred? I've found Owner Services to be pretty responsive (ask to speak to Joy - she's always been great) when there was a question. Chances are it's a paperwork snafu they can sort out for you.

Good luck!

Dave

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave... I have spoken to Joy at Owner Services, on a conference call with Jon from Memorable Vacations. That was in Nov. She did offer to give me the week next Nov., and gave me a confirm. no., but can't do anything about this year until the title changes names. I hope they bill the previous/current owner for this years' fees and apply mine to next year, but I don't know how far they can stretch it. All I could get for this year would be a space banked week to use for exchange. At least it would be something.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, Dave... I have spoken to Joy at Owner Services, on a conference call with Jon from Memorable Vacations. That was in Nov. She did offer to give me the week next Nov., and gave me a confirm. no., but can't do anything about this year until the title changes names. I hope they bill the previous/current owner for this years' fees and apply mine to next year, but I don't know how far they can stretch it. All I could get for this year would be a space banked week to use for exchange. At least it would be something.

That's amazing. So is the problem that the current owner won't sign, or what? I wonder why not? And yes, if you paid for 2010 but couldn't use 2010, then the current owner should have to pay those fees. It all seems kind of odd. At least your people are working with you to get things resolved. Have they given you any timeline for what to expect?

Just a thought - I wonder if this particular week isn't going to close, is it possible to cancel the deal and buy something else? I recall hearing last summer at an owner's meeting at the resort that something like 12% of owners were defaulting on their ownerships - I wonder if you could pick up a different interval through some sort of internal purchase?

Dave

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, it would be good if I good work out something like that . I'll see what Jon has to say if he answers my last note.
I don't think the problem is with the seller. The hangup seems to be the Hawaii closing. At least, I think so. I'll let you know what happens. I hate waiting for the other shoe to drop. ;)