• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean front 2 bed room Kaui Beach Villas listed for sale

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
No closing costs or transfer fee. Just the $98 Buy It Now price and maintenance fees for 2009. :eek:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
But Denise, it's an ANNUAL week! You know you wanted another one. :cheer:

And holey cow! I didn't notice it has a Buy It Now price of $98!!! Somebody stop me!

Dave

I do! I would love to have 2 more weeks for retirement, but that's 6 years down the road and DH only has 2 weeks of Vaca at this time. I don't really want any more weeks to have to rent out, considering the condition of the economy!

YOU should buy it Dave - I already own 2 weeks! :D

I'm SOOOO tempted, but DH isn't going for it....

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I bought it! (And yes, DH caved, too!)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I bought it! (And yes, DH caved, too!)

Way to go! I knew we could count on you! :)

And if this closes as we expect, you will be next in line for that low-price OF crown, (unless linsj beats you out.) You know how much you like wearing crowns... LOL! ;)

Dave

taffy19

Reaction score
Congratulations Denise! That is wonderful to stay three weeks at a place you really like so much and not having to worry about keeping it up the rest of the year. You use it and you forget about it. That is a big advantage of owning a timeshare or several of them. :cool:

Of all your timeshares, which is your favorite one now?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely this one....I just love that ocean front view and the nearly empty beach!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Definitely this one....I just love that ocean front view and the nearly empty beach!

And I have to agree completely. I've never had such a restful, relaxing vacation, as the week I just spent there. That view never gets old.

Congrats, Denise! You're a nut job, but you deserve it. LOL! :banana:

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to refresh your memory, this is the resort:

View from our lanai.

LanaiView.jpg

Swimmable beach just a few steps down the beach. There is a very clean stream and lagoon on the left side of the resort that you can see at the bottom of the picture.

SwimArea.jpg

View from Bedroom window (stream, lagoon, ocean.)

BdmView_1.jpg

Living room.

LivRm.jpg

Kitchen.

Kitchen.jpg

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I was REALLY tempted to buy this but don't need any more MFs.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Love those pictures. Denise. I have the pic of the view from the Master Bedroom as my computer's desktop wallpaper...

Thanks! - I think? :confused: :D

In post #52 you said you couldn't do it, your husband doesn't have the vacation time, retirement is several years away, he wasn't into it, and so forth.

In post #53, only SEVEN MINUTES LATER, you announced you bought it. THAT'S why you're a nut job. :)

I'm thrilled you got it, although I was just informed by my spouse that WE should have gotten it. Oh well! Maybe next time. :)

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In post #52 you said you couldn't do it, your husband doesn't have the vacation time, retirement is several years away, he wasn't into it, and so forth.

In post #53, only SEVEN MINUTES LATER, you announced you bought it. THAT'S why you're a nut job. :)

Actually, DH just grunted the first time I mentioned it and then went out to the barbeque. When he came back in he said - did you buy it? :D The rest is history....

I'm thrilled you got it, although I was just informed by my spouse that WE should have gotten it. Oh well! Maybe next time.

I'll sell it to you for $5K + closing! :D

Last edited:

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha Denise (and runner up Dave)
I don't check ebay as often cause prices aren't getting any lower than no bid on $1. Glad to have caught this one.
I'm glad one of you took it cause I was sorely tempted and am too many years from retirement (I was closer until a few months ago :bawl: ). We already have 3-1/2 weeks at KBV (only 2-1/2 are ocean front, but we've managed to get G4 every year for about eight years in a row) plus an annual in Mexico but only 4 weeks of vacation.
Denise, There is a small discrepancy between the description header and the text description (text states 1b/1b - header states 1b/2b). The ICN makes sense. Just make sure that is the ICN that appears in the sales agreement.
If this keeps up, we're going to start having contention over G5 reservations (we are already confirmed for Jan 2010 - came early with week 52 confirm G4 for 2009). Early bird gets G5.
Jack

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jack - thank you so much for posting the link to that week!

But don't do it again, OK? :hysterical:

And thanks for all your sage advice about KBV - you taught me everything I know! :hi:

Fortunately, you travel in the winter and we travel in the summer - I'd hate to go head to head with your over a reservation!

With so many of us staying in the same unit, we should find a secret place to leave a note, or a picture, or something for the next Tugger!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
With so many of us staying in the same unit, we should find a secret place to leave a note, or a picture, or something for the next Tugger!

Do you mean that creepy sliver of soap in the shower wasn't from you??? :eek:

Since I'm only going there every other year, I should get priority assignment to that unit. You guys can wait till I'm done, ok? ;)

Oh, and Denise, thanks for the $5K offer. Maybe I can rent one of your seventeen KBV units from you sometime when I need more than one. After seeing the cool pictures we took, my family is suddenly VERY interested in visiting Kauai. Telling them I was at Tahiti Village didn't work... :hysterical:

Dave

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
:cheer: Way to go Denise! That is a fantastic deal.

I'm with Dave. I'll definitely know who to call if I need an extra week at the KBV.

Gotta love it when the husbands are being so agreeable don't you think?:D

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:cheer: Way to go Denise! That is a fantastic deal. I'm with Dave. I'll definitely know who to PM if I need an extra week at the KBV. Gotta love it when the husbands are being so agreeable don't you think?:D

Yeah - but he quickly got buyer's remorse! Within an hour he wanted to know what all our MF's would be for 2009 and how much was in the Timeshare Acct! :rolleyes: It's too soon to speak for 2010, but the 2009 MF's are already in the bank so he happy'd up a bit.

Last edited:

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Denise M---

I was also looking at that timeshare, BUT, my wife "nixed" getting more---have too many mx fees to pay, and, using timeshares, we only stay in Hawaii 10-12 weeks per year. SO, what would we do with another one???
(My arm is still broken from when I wanted to hit the "buy-it-now" button---didn't know my wife was that strong !!!)

Tony

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Denise, awesome deal! I looked at the ebay auction for about 30 seconds....;) . I don't have a timeshare maintenance fee bank account like you, but what a good idea. Enjoy! I have to get to Kauai very soon...it's been 19 years since our last visit.

slabeaume

Reaction score
I would have been very tempted to buy that! Too bad I didn't see it first! I have 2 weeks every year there now, but none of them are ocean view---wanna trade with me for one?!:)

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Should the deed say the unit is ocean front, or is the ICN sufficient? I got my deed yesterday (closing company said they sent it out over a month ago, but I never got it). Anything else I should check for on the deed?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The deed will not say ocean front, but the ICN number should be one of the ocean front units - what ICN is it?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad you did it, Denise! I want to own that! But living in the east coast, Hawaii is nuts for us. Just this year - can't wait! - and then maybe when the kids are out of the house.

Right now I wish I had the cash to steal, I mean buy, another t/s off ebay, but I have these horrible Marriott maintenance fees to deal with.:mad:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
The deed will not say ocean front, but the ICN number should be one of the ocean front units - what ICN is it?

I know it's an oceanfront ICN, or I wouldn't have bought it. Somehow I expected the deed to say that and just wanted to be sure nothing important was left off of it.