• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Boulevard Availability in June

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
We're trying to plan an early June 2022 trip to Myrtle Beach and think that based on prior discussion threads that our family would like to stay at Ocean Blvd in either a two or three bedroom oceanfront either in tower 1 or tower 2. I'm wondering if anyone has a feeling about 10 month availability in early June. Is it going to be impossible to find something without ARP? I think I remember reading something years ago about reciprocal ARP for the Myrtle Beach resorts, so I'm not sure if that makes booking something oceanfront impossible? None of our contracts are in Myrtle Beach, so the reservation would have to be at 10 months.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If I had to guess (and it is just a guess) I say you’re probably safe at 10 months, at least for a 2BR. Seawatch is higher demand because it’s lower points, so OB owners will often use ARP to stay there. And early June is probably easier than July or early August. Others might have firsthand observations but that’s my educated guess.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
We're trying to plan an early June 2022 trip to Myrtle Beach and think that based on prior discussion threads that our family would like to stay at Ocean Blvd in either a two or three bedroom oceanfront either in tower 1 or tower 2. I'm wondering if anyone has a feeling about 10 month availability in early June. Is it going to be impossible to find something without ARP? I think I remember reading something years ago about reciprocal ARP for the Myrtle Beach resorts, so I'm not sure if that makes booking something oceanfront impossible? None of our contracts are in Myrtle Beach, so the reservation would have to be at 10 months.

If you ever want Myrtle Beach ARP, Towers on the Grove has the same MF as Grand Desert.

bouch181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Midtown 45
I was able to find and book a 2BR at Ocean Blvd for a week this June back in February. I think you should be able to.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OB is much easier than SeaWatch because the points are so much higher! So I think you will be fine.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never have any trouble booking Myrtle Beach at 10 months out and we usually go at least once a year.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Isn't the point difference between OB and Seawatch worth it though? OB looks like the amenities are much newer/nicer.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't the point difference between OB and Seawatch worth it though? OB looks like the amenities are much newer/nicer.

No. I like the pools at SeaWatch better. The ones at OB are between the towers and they don’t get much sun and the wind whips between the towers frequently making it cold! The best pool at OB is the one across the street at Tower 4.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Keep in mind the point difference in seasons at the beginning of June. I dont remember exactly where the cutoff is but there is a significant jump in points the 1st or 2nd week of June

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We've done a family reunion at Ocean Boulevard - it was early August (still during their super busy time) and getting into Ocean Boulevard without ARP was not a problem. I was able to book four ocean view 3 bedrooms and they put us all on the same floor (the 4 corners of one floor as that is where the ocean view 3 bedrooms are located). The way the building is built (angling out toward the street so you can still see the ocean from the rooms on the sides/back corner). We really enjoyed the resort as well as the location in North Myrtle Beach (it is the only Myrtle Beach resort I've stayed at so can't speak to the other locations).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
No. I like the pools at SeaWatch better. The ones at OB are between the towers and they don’t get much sun and the wind whips between the towers frequently making it cold! The best pool at OB is the one across the street at Tower 4.

I agree. I feel the amenities at both are comparable, but Seawatch has more of a resort feel - it’s a little more spread out, there are actually grounds with landscaping, whereas OB is all concrete. I think one main reason people like OB is that you can walk to a handful of places in NMB. Seawatch, you will want to drive everywhere (though outlets and grocery shopping are extremely close by car).

AJHarbin

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge
We've done a family reunion at Ocean Boulevard - it was early August (still during their super busy time) and getting into Ocean Boulevard without ARP was not a problem. I was able to book four ocean view 3 bedrooms and they put us all on the same floor (the 4 corners of one floor as that is where the ocean view 3 bedrooms are located). The way the building is built (angling out toward the street so you can still see the ocean from the rooms on the sides/back corner). We really enjoyed the resort as well as the location in North Myrtle Beach (it is the only Myrtle Beach resort I've stayed at so can't speak to the other locations).
Are any 3BR at Ocean Blvd oceanfront?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +