• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Blvd advice

KSellers

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family and I are considering a trip to the Myrtle Beach area in mid June 2021. We have 3 kiddos that will be ages 8, 5, & 3. I‘m hoping for some insight, more specifically on Ocean Blvd. How is the weather there in June? Is the ocean cool? Is it okay for swimming? Any recommendations on rooms? Room Size and location? Is this the right resort for our family, or are other Myrtle Beach ones better for the little ones? Thanks!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Ocean Boulevard and Towers on the Grove have the best kid amenities. For Ocean Boulevard, the two bedrooms in the back of the resort (Tower 4) don't have an ocean view, but are aren't super expensive (224,000). Here is a video of someone staying in one of the cheaper 2 bedroom units:

For Towers on the Grove, you can be right on the ocean for less points and still have a lazy river/kids slide for your little ones as well as an ocean front view for yourself. Here is a link to Towers on the Grove floor plans:

If you book a "2 Bedroom Deluxe Ocean Front" for 220,000 points, you are guaranteed to be in the front corner unit on one of the floors. Your bedroom will have a view of the ocean as well as your living room.
1589856385158.png

With 3 little kids to manage, I would personally stay at Towers on the Grove over Ocean Boulevard just because it's more condensed, much cheaper and the kids will still love the splash pad. Ocean Boulevard is the flagship resort for Myrtle Beach, but it's insanely expensive to get a good view. The cheapest summer time ocean front 2 bedroom is 325,000 points. Assuming you pay $6 per thousand in maintenance fees, that's AT LEAST $630 more expensive to stay for a week at Ocean Boulevard vs Towers on the Grove. The pictures on the Wyndham site of a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean front are actually pictures of the 3 bedroom, but it still looks basically the same. The windows in the living room and bedroom are full length, so you can see the ocean from your bed/couch.
1589857148347.png
1589857191323.png

1589857362957.png

Last edited:

Npat12

Reaction score
We stayed at Ocean BLVD 2 years ago. Kids enjoyed it. Stayed In a 3BR Ocean Front. It was on the top floor I believe and was really nice. We were there in April though so weather was a little chilly. Especially in outdoor pool areas. The wind between the towers was chilly to be swimming in the outdoor pool.

Are the 3 BR deluxe oceanfront Units on the end as well at Towers in the Grove. Looking at the link of the floor plans You provided, it looks like they have 3 BR in the middle and Some on the end. I am assuming the deluxe is the one with the 3 balcony’s on the ends. Also are 3BR’s on every floor.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Actually, I think I figured something out weird about Wyndham Floor plans, some of the 3 bedroom deluxe units in the corner are actually a 3 bedroom lock off like this:

1589903942463.png

It says that the 3 bedroom lock-off is a combination of a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean front and studio ocean view. It also says on the Wyndham website that you get 2 kings in the 3 bedroom lock-off, so the 2nd bedrooom is a king with it's own balcony. Here is a pic of the studio portion of the lock off (Plan B). It has a double bed and a couch:

1589903541882.png

Some of the 2 bedroom deluxe ocean front units have 2 doubles and a king with 1 balcony (Plan M) , while others have 2 kings and 2 balconies because they are part of the lock off (Plan B).

Here are pictures of a 2 bedroom deluxe with 2 doubles (Plan M):

If you book a 2 bedroom deluxe, you will most likely get Plan M I think because it also looks like not all Plan B units are lock offs, some are regular 3 bedroom deluxes.

If you book a 3 bedroom deluxe, you will most likely get plan D, which is in the middle, not a corner unit.

1589904379922.png

If you want a guaranteed 3 bedroom in the corner, book a 3 bedroom lock off.

Attachments

• 1589902862202.png
    1589902862202.png
    345 KB · Views: 26
  • 1589903429911.png
    1589903429911.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 1589903462321.png
    1589903462321.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 26

Npat12

Reaction score
Actually, I think I figured something out weird about Wyndham Floor plans, some of the 3 bedroom deluxe units in the corner are actually a 3 bedroom lock off like this:

View attachment 20976

It says that the 3 bedroom lock-off is a combination of a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean front and studio ocean view. It also says on the Wyndham website that you get 2 kings in the 3 bedroom lock-off, so the 2nd bedrooom is a king with it's own balcony. Here is a pic of the studio portion of the lock off (Plan B). It has a double bed and a couch:

View attachment 20975

Some of the 2 bedroom deluxe ocean front units have 2 doubles and a king with 1 balcony (Plan M) , while others have 2 kings and 2 balconies because they are part of the lock off (Plan B).

Here are pictures of a 2 bedroom deluxe with 2 doubles (Plan M):

If you book a 2 bedroom deluxe, you will most likely get Plan M I think because it also looks like not all Plan B units are lock offs, some are regular 3 bedroom deluxes.

If you book a 3 bedroom deluxe, you will most likely get plan D, which is in the middle, not a corner unit.

View attachment 20977

If you want a guaranteed 3 bedroom in the corner, book a 3 bedroom lock off.

Thank You very much. This is very informative and helps tremendously.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I did some digging in google photos for Towers on the Grove and the 3 bedroom lock off corner unit is pretty nice:

1589907847285.png

1589907873506.png

1589907920507.png

If you're going to stay in a 3 bedroom at Ocean Boulevard, book tower 3....all the units are ocean front, but cheaper on points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We are booked for a 3 bedroom deluxe oceanfront at Towers on the Grove in mid-August timeframe. Anyone has a specific room number recommendation?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I went on Oyster for context clues for room numbers, xx36 is the studio, so xx35 should be the 2 deluxe or a 3 deluxe if there's no lock off. Are you able to guess by typing in like 1935 or 2035?? The tower is 20 stories tall.

KSellers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort would you recommend for a better family resort, Kids ages 8, 5 & 3, Ocean BLVD or the Towers on the Grove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Which resort would you recommend for a better family resort, Kids ages 8, 5 & 3, Ocean BLVD or the Towers on the Grove?

My vote was Towers because of price, amenities and view. Did you look at the pictures of the splash pad, lazy river and water slide? The 5 year old should be tall enough for the slide. I think it's 40 or 42 inches and it doesn't enter a body of water, so they don't have to be a good swimmer. The 3 year old will love the lazy river, just make sure you bring a pair of arm floaties and a small ring floaty. It's hard to describe without a pic, but that's how I got my daughter to be independent in a river. She couldn't fall through the ring because her arms floaties were too big. It also kept her perfectly upright so she didn't get any water in her mouth. I just let her float on her own with me nearby. She loved the independence (this was at Bonnet Creek). The 8 year old will of course still be able to enjoy the slide and river.

The pool/beach is just an elevator ride down. If you want a 2 bedroom that close to the beach, it's going to cost you at least $600 more per week at Ocean Boulevard. Adults/teens would like the amenities more at Ocean Boulevard , but the view is the same as long as you get ocean front. I personally have to have ocean front when I go to the beach. Towers also has grills you can use, but no kids playground. Boulevard has a dinky playground in tower 4 across from the beach, but no water slide. Here is a pick of the dinky playground. OB also has an arcade, but the arcades in MB are much better, so I wouldn't really count that as an extra.
1589944994286.png

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does Wyndham offer beach chair and umbrella rental?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Does Wyndham offer beach chair and umbrella rental?

I've never seen Wyndham sell the rental themselves, but PCB, Ocean Walk. Royal Vista and Clearwater have rentals by other parties. I don't think any of the South Carolina resorts have them. Here is a link to a really good beach tent though. There's a Warehouse deal on Amazon right now for $40. The item comes in original packaging, but the packaging is damaged. I just use this tent to block the sun and bring a pillow and towels to lay on. It fits 2 chairs inside of it as well if you prefer to sit vs lay down. It takes 2 minutes to put down or pick it back up.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I've never seen Wyndham sell the rental themselves, but PCB, Ocean Walk. Royal Vista and Clearwater have rentals by other parties. I don't think any of the South Carolina resorts have them. Here is a link to a really good beach tent though. There's a Warehouse deal on Amazon right now for $40. The item comes in original packaging, but the packaging is damaged. I just use this tent to block the sun and bring a pillow and towels to lay on. It fits 2 chairs inside of it as well if you prefer to sit vs lay down. It takes 2 minutes to put down or pick it back up.

Ah, man it looks like we cant use this if we are still able to keep our Ocean Blvd reservations

"Placement of shading devices on the beach from May 15 through September 15: Other than umbrellas with a center pole no greater than 7 feet, 6 inches in height and with a circular shade no greater than 9 feet in diameter, and shading devices no larger than 36 inches high by 36 inches wide and 36 inches deep used to provide shade to persons 18 months of age or younger, all shading devices, including but not limited to tents, tarps, cabanas, pavilions, sports-brellas or devices similar to sports-brellas, or any material mounted on supports are prohibited from being placed on the beach from May 15 through September 15. An umbrella is defined as a collapsible circular shade consisting of a natural or synthetic fabric stretched over hinged ribs radiating from a center pole without grounding lines or ropes. " http://www.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=40

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Ah, man it looks like we cant use this if we are still able to keep our Ocean Blvd reservations

"Placement of shading devices on the beach from May 15 through September 15: Other than umbrellas with a center pole no greater than 7 feet, 6 inches in height and with a circular shade no greater than 9 feet in diameter, and shading devices no larger than 36 inches high by 36 inches wide and 36 inches deep used to provide shade to persons 18 months of age or younger, all shading devices, including but not limited to tents, tarps, cabanas, pavilions, sports-brellas or devices similar to sports-brellas, or any material mounted on supports are prohibited from being placed on the beach from May 15 through September 15. An umbrella is defined as a collapsible circular shade consisting of a natural or synthetic fabric stretched over hinged ribs radiating from a center pole without grounding lines or ropes. " http://www.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=40

Lame. I always use mine. It's the best $$ I ever spent for my vacation. I can actually stand being out at the beach for more than 30 mins without feeling like I'm going to die from the FL heat. MB doesnt get as bad though. If I ever go to Ocean Blvd, it will probably be week 22 because it's during summer vacation and still in the high season. The prime season point cost is worse than PCB, and at least at PCB you are guaranteed ocean front and get bunk beds. The OP would be able to fit their 3 little ones in a 1 bedroom for 203,000 a week at PCB vs 375,000 at Ocean Boulevard in a 2 bedroom ocean front since Blvd doesn't have bunk beds.

The best room deal at Ocean Boulevard is week 22 in a 3 bedroom in tower 3 since it's ocean front and only 266,000 for a 3 bedroom. Though for that price, I'd still probably go with the 3 bedroom presidential at Seawatch for the same number of points, but I'd imagine that room would be booked before the 10 months since it's such a good deal. The 3 bedroom presidentials are 2 stories tall at sea watch with the living area completely open to the second floor.

KSellers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lame. I always use mine. It's the best $$ I ever spent for my vacation. I can actually stand being out at the beach for more than 30 mins without feeling like I'm going to die from the FL heat. MB doesnt get as bad though. If I ever go to Ocean Blvd, it will probably be week 22 because it's during summer vacation and still in the high season. The prime season point cost is worse than PCB, and at least at PCB you are guaranteed ocean front and get bunk beds. The OP would be able to fit their 3 little ones in a 1 bedroom for 203,000 a week at PCB vs 375,000 at Ocean Boulevard in a 2 bedroom ocean front since Blvd doesn't have bunk beds.

The best room deal at Ocean Boulevard is week 22 in a 3 bedroom in tower 3 since it's ocean front and only 266,000 for a 3 bedroom. Though for that price, I'd still probably go with the 3 bedroom presidential at Seawatch for the same number of points, but I'd imagine that room would be booked before the 10 months since it's such a good deal. The 3 bedroom presidentials are 2 stories tall at sea watch with the living area completely open to the second floor.

Thanks for the insight here, especially on PCB. PCB is definitely in our future, and so is Ocean BLVD. I almost booked Ocean BLVD 3 bedroom Deluxe in Tower 3 for our week. We decided on the Towers instead. I had enough leftover points to also book my brother and his family a 2 bedroom deluxe oceanfront there to come join us for 5 days. I would have had to put him in tower 4 at BLVD.

Any suggestions on how we try to get on the same floor?

KSellers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seawatch looks great for the kiddos too! Any insight on that resort?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Seawatch looks great for the kiddos too! Any insight on that resort?

If you can get a 3 bedroom presidential at the 10 month mark, I would definitely do that. IMO it's the nicest presidential in Myrtle Beach. Here is a video of the unit:

If you do PCB, most of the 1 bedrooms have a bunk bed and all of the 1 bedroom deluxes have a bunk bed. The 2 bedroom units have bunk beds and a queen in the 2nd bedroom, so with 3 kids a 1 bedroom is still better. If you book the 1 deluxe, the kids will have their own bathroom, but not their own private sleeping area. Here is a chart of which rooms have bunk beds.

1590111748277.png

Here are the 2 floor plans of PCB, so you know what I mean about the difference between a 1 bedroom and 1 bedroom deluxe.
1590111944527.png

1590112036557.png

Npat12

Reaction score
For those that are familiar with PCB. How hard is it to get a 3 BR presidential. Don’t see it available at 13 months out.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
For those that are familiar with PCB. How hard is it to get a 3 BR presidential. Don’t see it available at 13 months out.

There are only 4 3 bedroom units, so pretty dang hard. Might want to consider a 2 pres + studio or a 2 bedroom deluxe. The 2 bedroom deluxe upper level is still a REALLY nice room and has a bunk bed, so it can still sleep 2 couples and some kids comfortably. Here is a floor plan and video of the 2 bedroom deluxe:

1590115528777.png

In contrast, here is a video of the 2 bedroom presidential with it's floor plan:

1590115956161.png

If you go with the 2 bedroom presidential, I would try to get a PR unit, usually those are on a higher level.

Npat12

Reaction score
If you can get a 3 bedroom presidential at the 10 month mark, I would definitely do that. IMO it's the nicest presidential in Myrtle Beach. Here is a video of the unit:

If you do PCB, most of the 1 bedrooms have a bunk bed and all of the 1 bedroom deluxes have a bunk bed. The 2 bedroom units have bunk beds and a queen in the 2nd bedroom, so with 3 kids a 1 bedroom is still better. If you book the 1 deluxe, the kids will have their own bathroom, but not their own private sleeping area. Here is a chart of which rooms have bunk beds.

View attachment 21190

Here are the 2 floor plans of PCB, so you know what I mean about the difference between a 1 bedroom and 1 bedroom deluxe.
View attachment 21191

View attachment 21193
There are only 4 3 bedroom units, so pretty dang hard. Might want to consider a 2 pres + studio or a 2 bedroom deluxe. The 2 bedroom deluxe upper level is still a REALLY nice room and has a bunk bed, so it can still sleep 2 couples and some kids comfortably. Here is a floor plan and video of the 2 bedroom deluxe:

View attachment 21198

In contrast, here is a video of the 2 bedroom presidential with it's floor plan:

View attachment 21199

If you go with the 2 bedroom presidential, I would try to get a PR unit, usually those are on a higher level.

View attachment 21190

View attachment 21191

View attachment 21193

Man that 3 BR Seawatch presidential looks sweet. How are the 3 BR deluxes at Seawatch. I don’t see a presidential available for the week I am looking but they do have the 3Br deluxe available.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Man that 3 BR Seawatch presidential looks sweet. How are the 3 BR deluxes at Seawatch. I don’t see a presidential available for the week I am looking but they do have the 3Br deluxe available.

They look just like any other 3 deluxe I believe. Nothing special.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
If you don't care about having an ocean view and have a car, the Cottages are really cute and share amenities with Ocean Boulevard, meaning you can stilll use their lazy river/pools/game room. If you look on Google maps, 4th avenue is all cottages. You have to park in the garage in tower 4 at OB to access the beach.
1590157076639.png

I just looked at the actual resort using google maps and looks really secluded and the cottages are stand alone with no neighbors. You park underneath your cottage and there's a cute little picnic area, kids playground and pool. I think check in is at Ocean Boulevard.

1590157160375.png

1590157254178.png

A cottage is only 224,000 points a week during the summer too. Here is the floor plan.
1590157407815.png

1590157444811.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I went on Oyster for context clues for room numbers, xx36 is the studio, so xx35 should be the 2 deluxe or a 3 deluxe if there's no lock off. Are you able to guess by typing in like 1935 or 2035?? The tower is 20 stories tall.

As it relates to this, does Towers have Presidential/PR units? If so, those are usually on the top floor(s). If so, I might try for 1835 to be safe. :)

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
As it relates to this, does Towers have Presidential/PR units? If so, those are usually on the top floor(s). If so, I might try for 1835 to be safe. :)

No it doesn't. Only half the units are Wyndham owned and IDK which ones. If you really want the corner unit with more windows, you may have to book a lock-off.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
No it doesn't. Only half the units are Wyndham owned and IDK which ones. If you really want the corner unit with more windows, you may have to book a lock-off.

Thanks for the prompt response. Last question (I think), what's the parking like at Towers? We are wondering how many vehicles we can take to the resort for a family vacation. :)