• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean/Beach vacations

Npat12

Reaction score
Hello, we are planning are vacations for 2021. We are planning on a beach resort. I have a couple questions. I did get/find info to my questions on Panama City Beach and Towers on the Grove.

Was also looking at Clearwater Beach. Don’t like the fact you can’t pick oceanfront rooms. So I am not sure which ones are. Was looking at the 2 BR presidential. Does anybody know if these are Oceanfront. Do they charge daily parking fees there. I thought I read that somewhere.

Also looking at Emerald Grande. But can’t find anything available. I did see posts of people not seeing inventory. I checked 13 months out and nothing. Is this that popular and hard to get into or is something else going on. Looking at the points charts. They do seem very high though.

We drive a conversion van. So obviously we can’t park in parking garages. Does these resorts also have parking that can accommodate bigger vehicles and not park in the garage. I did see Clearwater said anything above 7’2” would have to park offsite at owners expense. Is offsite parking close. Thank you in advance.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
If you want guarantee FL ocean front, you have to stay at either PCB or Ocean Walk in a 2 bedroom lock-off or 3 bedroom deluxe.

Clearwater has a mandatory deposit, but parking is free and 1 per unit. Clearwater is hard to get into, but anything deluxe or presidential has a good view. Here is my view from the 1 bedroom presidential I stayed in:

1589909467508.png

1 bedrooms are in the back of the resort facing the intercoastal or ocean view, 2 bedrooms are mostly ocean view with a few ocean front I believe. I don't think the ocean view rooms are bad at this resort because you can also see the intercoastal. Here is a video of the 1 bedroom presidential ocean view:

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
All rooms in PCB are Gulf-Front. I think you’d be ok parking in the garage there. If not, you could probably arrange to use one of the short term spots next to the garage. If you do PCB and want the best view, book an upper level room. That’ll put you on the 10th floor up to the 23rd. I believe 24 & 25 are all presidential 2 & 3 BR. You can’t beat the white sandy beach steps away here!

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve stayed at PBC a few times during their Spring bike week. There is tons of parking and also a gravel lot in the back of parking garage for big vehicles or trailers. Had one bedroom ocean view both times. Upper level and lower level.
If it doesn’t have to be Florida you might consider Myrtle Beach.

KSellers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in this thread also. My family wants to book a beach vacation for June of 2021. I’m open to anywhere from Myrtle beach, anywhere on the Florida Atlantic, or Florida gulf. Our 3 kiddos will be 8, 5, & 3. Looking for 2 or 3 bedrooms, kids activities, pools & kids pools with slides or splash pads are a plus. Where will have the best ocean water for sand & swiming?

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in this thread also. My family wants to book a beach vacation for June of 2021. I’m open to anywhere from Myrtle beach, anywhere on the Florida Atlantic, or Florida gulf. Our 3 kiddos will be 8, 5, & 3. Looking for 2 or 3 bedrooms, kids activities, pools & kids pools with slides or splash pads are a plus. Where will have the best ocean water for sand & swiming?

You could get by with a 1BR deluxe at PCB. There’s 2 bunk beds and a sleeper sofas along with 2 bathrooms. There’s a zero entry kids pool with some added water features.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone might be able to chime in here but the 4 bedroom at Clearwater might be all oceanfront. We've never had a 4 bedroom but our 2 bedroom deluxe still had a beautiful view. We were just a couple units in from the front. We enjoyed our oceanfront view to the right of us. A friend had a 2 bedroom PR and they were directly above our unit, but a few floors up. At Clearwater, do not book a non-deluxe unit. Those are right over the parking garage roof (where the employees come zooming in with their car radios often pretty loud.) You get 1 spot at Clearwater. I sent my daughter to a 2 bedroom PR and they had to pay the daily parking for the second car (which I find ridiculous when you are in larger units.)

Emerald Grande didn't have anything past the first week of September. I was told that it was because the PR units were coming back into inventory, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I have read that you need to take the boat shuttle over to the beach so if you want to walk on the beach early morning or late evening, you won't be doing that there.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Royal Vista in Pompano Beach.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
If you want guarantee FL ocean front, you have to stay at either PCB or Ocean Walk in a 2 bedroom lock-off or 3 bedroom deluxe.

Clearwater has a mandatory deposit, but parking is free and 1 per unit. Clearwater is hard to get into, but anything deluxe or presidential has a good view. Here is my view from the 1 bedroom presidential I stayed in:

View attachment 20983

1 bedrooms are in the back of the resort facing the intercoastal or ocean view, 2 bedrooms are mostly ocean view with a few ocean front I believe. I don't think the ocean view rooms are bad at this resort because you can also see the intercoastal. Here is a video of the 1 bedroom presidential ocean view:

We stayed in a 1 br presidential at Clearwater and loved it too. But it is actually an intercoastal view, not ocean view. I believe only the 2 bedrooms have ocean view. There may be more to see with the intercoastal because it opens to the large bay area.

Bob

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
We stayed in a 1 br presidential at Clearwater and loved it too. But it is actually an intercoastal view, not ocean view. I believe only the 2 bedrooms have ocean view. There may be more to see with the intercoastal because it opens to the large bay area.

Bob

50% are intercoastal, 50% are ocean view. There are 2 floor plans. If you watch the video I linked, you will see the couple had the floor plan that was opposite yours. These are pictures of the 1 bedroom floorplan that faces the intercoastal. This is probably the floorplan you had. Next time, you can ask for the other floor plan that has 2 balconies and an ocean view (like in the video). I don't mind the intercoastal floor plan, as you can see in the picture, there's a lot of wide open space. I plan on having 1 more kid (2 total) and I don't care to spend the money on a 2 bedroom to sleep some freeloading kids lol, so it gives the kids more room in the main area to spread out.

1589930064312.png
1589930086539.png

1589930110403.png
1589930167706.png

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Okay .. first time the video was not 'playing' .. I had to click repeatedly to get it jumping through the video. Now I see yours had two balconies. Yes ours had 1 balcony and you could see the pool around the corner if you put your head over the railing.

I believe the 2 bedroom deluxe is same points as 1 bedroom presidential. All in all a nice place.

Thanks for sharing the nice video!

Bob

Npat12

Reaction score
We have narrowed it down to Clearwater and PCB. Wife is leaning towards Clearwater because rooms look nicer based off pictures and going with the 2 BR presidential. From researching it sounds like the the 2BR Pres. have really good ocean views if not oceanfront. But the guaranteed upper level ocean fronts at PCB are tempting. Based solely On being guaranteed OF.

We have been to Myrtle beach quite a bit. So will try other beaches next year. Even though the 3Br’s at Tower On the grove and Seawatch sound nice. And never been to those.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
We have narrowed it down to Clearwater and PCB. Wife is leaning towards Clearwater because rooms look nicer based off pictures and going with the 2 BR presidential. From researching it sounds like the the 2BR Pres. have really good ocean views if not oceanfront. But the guaranteed upper level ocean fronts at PCB are tempting. Based solely On being guaranteed OF.

We have been to Myrtle beach quite a bit. So will try other beaches next year. Even though the 3Br’s at Tower On the grove and Seawatch sound nice. And never been to those.

I'm very observant when it comes to knowing unit layout of the southeastern resorts that I can drive to. I've only stayed 1 night at Clearwater, but I drive there for the day all the time since it's 45 mins away from me. I'm still like 90% sure this is the unit layout of the resort based on the videos I've watched and the floor plan I saw in my unit. Floors 16-19 are presidentials with the top 2 (I think) being presidential reserve. The 2 bedroom presidentials are all OF or OV, 8/16 of the 1 bedroom presidentials are ocean view and 8/16 are causeway view. Idk how many 2 or 4 bedrooms there are because I don't care to ever pay for one TBH. I do know that it's really hard to reserve on in the summer during the 10 month window.

1590162955978.png