• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Obsessed with E-Plus!

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
How many times a day do you check interval when you are on a quest for a specific re-trade? I am on a quest for a retrade and feel compelled to check II frequently. Lately it feels like all I ever do is log on to II. I need to change dates so I have no choice but to keep looking. I love and hate e-plus all at the same time! :wall:

E-Plus is taking over my life! Well ......not really but close! Who else has experienced this? Please share! Misery loves company. :D

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Your not alone

Your not alone. I just love my obsession with eplus!

When I have a confirmed trade and I'm hoping for better I check two to three times a day.

About 4 days before our vacation I check many many more times. This strategy has worked for me.

This week I am staying in a 2 br at Hyatt beach house in key west.
Initially I had a 1br in Belleair beach club, traded to a 2 br Marriotts ocean pointe in palm beach which was great, but as we were driving the day before to Florida, I kept checking and key west popped up and I couldn't resist.

Next week, I am staying in a 2 br at hyatts coconut plantation in Bonita springs, fl. Initially traded my studio for a studio in Marriott ocean pointe for November, decided I want another week in Florida for the winter and traded to a 1 br surfsider, pompano beach, then traded to a 1 br Marriotts beach place tower, ft lauderdale which also was great , 4 days before check in found Bonita springs and again could not resist.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Me too!

I always get ePlus now. Have used it on 3 different exchanges - for 2 of them the maximum 3 retrades, and I have one currently that has 1 retrade left. That one is for New Orleans over Memorial Day week for a conference, and I'm pretty happy with what I have now, but also continue to check.

For the other 2 exchanges, the locations were all over the place:

First one I originally traded into Club Intrawest Tremblant for a summer week, then retraded into Marriott Lakeshore in Orlando for Thanksgiving, and finally ended up at Edinburgh Residence in Scotland that week instead.

Second one original trade was into Westin Lagunamar, retraded to a Marriott in Palm Desert, and final retrade into Royal Palms in Orlando for my spring break week this coming March.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Guilty as charged!

My wife asked "how long is this going to go on?" :crash:

Grande Vista studio to Westin Princeville studio to Waiohai. Score!
Now I'm checking for Lagoons!

I hope the airplane to Kauai has wifi.....

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Guilty as charged!

My wife asked "how long is this going to go on?" :crash:

Grande Vista studio to Westin Princeville studio to Waiohai. Score!
Now I'm checking for Lagoons!

I hope the airplane to Kauai has wifi.....

LOL! So glad to hear I am not alone. Just hoping I can get that first retrade and then I can go back to checking 3-4 times a day like a normal person! :rofl:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Being able to retrade online was the biggest improvement II made to their website in years. Adding EPlus was great too for those that can use it. Much better than paying a full exchange fee each time.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I am also obsessed with E-Plus, I check every free moment I get...

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Being able to retrade online was the biggest improvement II made to their website in years. Adding EPlus was great too for those that can use it. Much better than paying a full exchange fee each time.

Agreed. I am very happy with the flexibility it provides! It is a great add on.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not alone.
I am totally obsessed. I have already checked 3 times today ! :p
The sad part is that my internal clock wakes me up at 4am CST to check II availability. And then I go back to sleep. (do I need therapy?? :eek: ) But I have gotten some great retrades. The list is too long to post here!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Not alone.
The sad part is that my internal clock wakes me up at 4am CST to check II availability. And then I go back to sleep. (do I need therapy?? :eek: ) But I have gotten some great retrades. The list is too long to post here!

Honestly? based on my current research, I'd say the 4am get-up is a wasted time. At least in the latter 90 days. I've seen more activity (real activity, not 2 sec flashes) happen in the morning and afternoon.

No reason to loose sleep that I see. I'm also not on FIOS or other super-high-speed internet. So punching the refresh button only gets me so far.....

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly? based on my current research, I'd say the 4am get-up is a wasted time. At least in the latter 90 days. I've seen more activity (real activity, not 2 sec flashes) happen in the morning and afternoon.

No reason to loose sleep that I see. I'm also not on FIOS or other super-high-speed internet. So punching the refresh button only gets me so far.....

Yes, sadly....my 4am check is the truth! The curse of smart phones...makes is too easy even at 4am.

Good to hear that you see more activity later in the day. I am now looking for some retrades for June and hoping more activity in a month or 2.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not alone.

I do the same but I was on the 5:30 am shift! lol Its crazy! I wake up and feel compelled to check just in case there is that early morning influx of inventory I read about. I have to agree with taterhed. I have yet to see where the early morning makes a difference. BUT just in case, I still reach for the ipad on my night table and with one eye open do a quick check! My husband thinks I'm nuts. Maybe we both need therapy! :crash:

philipgallo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is there any thread on Tug that gets into inventory refresh times? I'm new to II and timesharing and currently trying to upgrade via e-plus. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to the timing. It does seem that when I check in the mornings (I'm on PST) I see more inventory around 5-6amPST when I first wake up.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Is there any thread on Tug that gets into inventory refresh times? I'm new to II and timesharing and currently trying to upgrade via e-plus. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to the timing. It does seem that when I check in the mornings (I'm on PST) I see more inventory around 5-6amPST when I first wake up.

No, there have been discussions all over the place, but not any specific posted guidance (othat I'm aware of; other than the 1am est discussion).

Right after I posted my comments about 'don't waste your time at 1am" above, I did see a 1am drop of a desirable unit the next day.

My experience (very intense and focused over the last 90 days) shows a lot of mid-morning (all times eastern) activity, post lunch activity and dinner time activity. Honestly, I think it's people checking their confirmed trades or logging on to read email/make deposits.

There is no special pattern that I see....

I'm sure you know about the 18 min hold. Anything that 'pops up' and then disappears may return 18-30 mins later. Additionally, I tend to see a lot of stuff appear repeatedly several times during the day.... say on a 1-2 hour cycle. I'm sure it's people being matched or reps offering people exchanges. There is some discussion of that on TUG. Use the google search function on TUG with the key words (II, exchange, etc...)

cheers.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, there have been discussions all over the place, but not any specific posted guidance (othat I'm aware of; other than the 1am est discussion).

Right after I posted my comments about 'don't waste your time at 1am" above, I did see a 1am drop of a desirable unit the next day.

1:00 am??? Oh no! I have seen the discussions on the 5:30 am but this is first I am reading about 1:00. Now I am never going to get any sleep! :bawl:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
1:00 am??? Oh no! I have seen the discussions on the 5:30 am but this is first I am reading about 1:00. Now I am never going to get any sleep! :bawl:

Ha. I wouldn't loose sleep. Reflexes too slow at that time of day for the short 'flashes'

Much more volume after breakfast, lunch and (just before) dinner time (EST). I think those are the times when people check their mail at lunch etc... Get some sleep! :zzz:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless something changed recently the best time is around 7:00AM ET. This is when the non queue matched inventory is released. That said, inventory pops up all day long but early morning eastern is the prime time.

catwgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying for my first re-trade. I have booked a one bedroom, two bath oceanfront unit at the Kauai Beach Club. I would prefer a two bedroom unit and a full kitchen at a comparable resort. Airfare is already confirmed, so I am looking for something with a March 6 check-in to trump the one bedroom MBC unit that is already booked.

I have had best luck between 12:30 and 1:30 PST

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying for my first re-trade. I have booked a one bedroom, two bath oceanfront unit at the Kauai Beach Club. I would prefer a two bedroom unit and a full kitchen at a comparable resort. Airfare is already confirmed, so I am looking for something with a March 6 check-in to trump the one bedroom MBC unit that is already booked.

I have had best luck between 12:30 and 1:30 PST

AM or PM ?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank-you for this thread. I hadn't really paid any attention to Eplus before and now I'm checking my 16 Thanksgiving reservation every hour!!!:D Thanks for the new addiction