• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Observations of changes after two days at Nuevo Vidanta

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Other than the Internet stupidity I just commented on, I have a few other observations now than from our last trip (pre-covid)

- Tramonto, Epazote, and Havana Moon are gone; Samba is now open late with an Italian theme.

- It seems to be that the strategy, except for a few inside higher end restaurants, is to be lunch and early dinner focused: 11-1pm / 5-6PM happy hours at all pool restaurants. I like this personally as for us, the pool bars offer the best food and certainly the most reasonably priced.

- There are a bunch new raised walkways leading from La Plaza area to the beach with a entirely new area of food trucks and seating This is all really cool and I think will be a big hit..

- At this point, everything else seems to be about the same- maybe somewhat higher prices at restaurants.

- Occupancy seems quit high.

All for now,
Mike nk

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
We didn't have a very good impression of the new Salum (food trucks) area in Nuevo Vallarta. We were a party of six that arrived there at 6:30 to eat dinner (in April) and then watch the sunset. Unfortunately, picnic tables that could seat six were occupied by couples. We had to split up our group. The tall chairs at our table simply sank into the sand and ended up with a severe tilt. A waitress came to our table to take our order. We paid her, then she gave us tickets we could use at the food trucks. After standing in a line I found out that of the many beers on the menu, only three were actually available. Next, I go to an even longer line to order my entree and then stand around waiting for the food to be prepared. Not a very impressive setup. Sunset was beautiful.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
So is this the new Beachland area that they were building near the beach near the southern beach area?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is this the new Beachland area that they were building near the beach near the southern beach area?

It is. I believe from looking at the map that Salum is where Havana Moon stood.

77JC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge x2, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark
We had a similar experience at Beachland a few weeks ago. After waiting for a few minutes to order at one of the "trucks" we were told to go to the kiosk next door to order our food. There were a few groups in front of us so it probably took 10 minutes to get to the front of the line to place our order. After placing our order we went back to the taco truck for another 10 minute wait. It was probably a 30 minute experience to get our food-which was quite tasty. It was not busy at all-they have some fine tuning to do before they will be able to handle a crowd in this area. We were on vacation-we were in no hurry! It is a nice relaxing area and a great concept.

I was quite disappointed as well to see all of the Mexican craft beers available on the app and then only three beers were available at the stand.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's enough of those janky food trucks around where I live. I don't want food trucks when I go on vacation to a nice resort.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's enough of those janky food trucks around where I live. I don't want food trucks when I go on vacation to a nice resort.

When we went, I was pleasantly surprised how we actually enjoyed Salum. Not overwhelmed, but surprised.