• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Observation about Extra Holidays

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
I have long considered picking up some resale points at Panama City, but what I just booked with Extra Holidays for Labor Day Weekend this year has me reconsidering. I'm all out of points for this year, so I'd have to rent this, but it would give me a preview of the resort should I decide to own points there.

I first looked to see what was available this Labor Day weekend and found the following (see image below). Then I just figured out what it would cost me in maintenance using my Clearwater UDI Points. I do understand Panama City has a lower maintenance cost/1000 than Clearwater but just play along. I rounded up my cost to $6/thousand drive out with program fee included and hell it'll probably at that level next year anyway...

Panama City Calendar.jpg

Then I went and looked on Extra Holidays and I did a quick google search and found a 20% off coupon and applied it. I wasn't expecting to find any availability but I did see a 2 Bedroom Deluxe available for less than my maintenance cost to book so I booked it.When I did I found a 2 Bedroom Deluxe and booked it (there's a 72 hour cancellation policy). See image below.

Extra Holidays Panama City.jpg

So I have a few questions:

1. What are the odds that the 2 Bedroom Deluxe I booked with Extra Holidays is Upper Level?
2. What are the odds of getting a 2 Bedroom Deluxe at Panama City Beach Labor Day Weekend within the 2 month Discounted VIP Window?
3. If the odds are pretty low to book this room within the VIP window, is it possible to rent from another owner this far out for less than what I paid Extra Holidays? I'm thinking no as we are outside the 2 month discount window killing renter profit.

And my observation:
I may be better off renting this Labor Day weekend from Extra Holidays rather than owning points (perhaps even at Panama City) if it has to be booked beyond the 2 Month Discount Window. Am I incorrect in my thinking?

I appreciate anyone's time to weigh in on this.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find a lot of cancellation within the 60 day window. Saying that, if you are flexible there are 5 Wyndham resorts 60 miles to the east. That increases the odds of a cancellation within 60 days.

For peace of mind, I think you are better off going with Extra Holidays if the price you showed includes all taxes.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
I find a lot of cancellation within the 60 day window. Saying that, if you are flexible there are 5 Wyndham resorts 60 miles to the east. That increases the odds of a cancellation within 60 days.

For peace of mind, I think you are better off going with Extra Holidays if the price you showed includes all taxes.

I hear ya and thank you. Yes that is the drive out price. There's a one night deposit which spreads the cost over several months and I pay the rest when I get there so that is nice, and I do like the 72 hour cancellation policy should our plans change.

That said what are the better/more popular Wyndham Beach Resorts along the Florida Panhandle? I prefer a Beachfront View if possible.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There are a few premium points resorts, that renting is likely a cheaper option, only because they have really high point values.

A lot of these are either very new, specifically built for Wyndham resorts, in prime beach or urban locations. Here are a few that I would put in this category: National Harbor (DC), Midtown 45 (NYC), Chicago, Clearwater FL, Ocean Blvd SC, Oceanside CA, Austin TX, La Cascada TS, Cantebury (SF, CA), Panama City Beach FL, Emerald Grande FL.

It is because of the high point value that rentals are more in line with market valuations, not actually point requirements. As a VIPP member, I tend to try to pick up these locations more last minute, to make the price point a little more palatable.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I hear ya and thank you. Yes that is the drive out price. There's a one night deposit which spreads the cost over several months and I pay the rest when I get there so that is nice, and I do like the 72 hour cancellation policy should our plans change.

That said what are the better/more popular Wyndham Beach Resorts along the Florida Panhandle? I prefer a Beachfront View if possible.
If I really wanted to go that weekend, I would book thru ExtraHolidays as a backup to getting a discounted VIP reservation.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I really wanted to go that weekend, I would book thru ExtraHolidays as a backup to getting a discounted VIP reservation.

Good strategy.

I would like to add I am just temporary VIP Member...and have struggled with justifying a move to VIP based on my travel patterns/destinations and available vacation time.

As you are a moderator I'd like to ask you this question as I'm still fairly new here.

Question:
Let's say I hold this Extra Holidays reservation and I get just within the 2 month window. What is the "best practices" TUG way (if there is an ethical way) for me to put word out that I'm interested in renting from an experienced TUG Member and I'm specifically looking at this resort at this specific time? I understand everyone is as different places with their points and VIP levels and costs and rental strategies, but I'd rather give my money to a TUG member than Wyndham especially if it benefits us both. I'm behind the 8 ball here as my cards are out on the table, but if I can get a better room at a better price it's a no brainer...or even same room at a more competitive price.

If this post or thread needs to be deleted I totally understand.

It's just in my situation I own at Clearwater for ARP and getting exactly what I want when I want it (Spring Break for now) but I see my family might be traveling to more High Point value destinations and I don't think I can justify a move to VIP on a chance it might be worth it as I do not have plans to rent points at this time in my life nor do I have enough vacation time to justify higher VIP level points...especially when I apparently rent from Extra Holidays for less than the cost of carrying the maintenance on those points.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
If you get there and find that it's a lower level unit then the savings would only be $38 using your $6/1000 figure. I realize that I'm nit picking. If as you say you have no more points left and you want to go to PCB for that weekend, it's still a good deal. Come to think of it, I suppose it could go the other way as well; maybe it would turn out to be 2 Bedroom Presidential.

On your other post about putting out the word that you're looking for a specific rental, there is a forum on the TUG website called "Timeshare Rentals Wanted" that allows you to request a rental no more than 45 days out. I've never really looked at that forum because I've never had the need, but I'm curious as to how successful people are in finding a match that way.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you get there and find that it's a lower level unit then the savings would only be $38 using your $6/1000 figure. I realize that I'm nit picking. If as you say you have no more points left and you want to go to PCB for that weekend, it's still a good deal. Come to think of it, I suppose it could go the other way as well; maybe it would turn out to be 2 Bedroom Presidential.

I highly encourage "nit picking" and appreciate the knowledge and generosity of time given to me by the users here. Everything being equal I might benefit from just renting as I wouldn't have to carry the cost of points every year plus the upfront transfer/closing cost of obtaining the resale contract and just rent on the years I would take this weekend labor day beach trip.

On your other post about putting out the word that you're looking for a specific rental, there is a forum on the TUG website called "Timeshare Rentals Wanted" that allows you to request a rental no more than 45 days out. I've never really looked at that forum because I've never had the need, but I'm curious as to how successful people are in finding a match that way.

Oh forgot about that one. I'll definitely put word out once my time frame falls in those guidelines thanks!

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Thank you for your original post. I was not aware that there were scenarios where an Extra Holiday rental could be competitive with a straight points booking. I was also not aware that there could be 20% off coupons. All good to know for the future.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your original post. I was not aware that there were scenarios where an Extra Holiday rental could be competitive with a straight points booking. I was also not aware that there could be 20% off coupons. All good to know for the future.

Yes I blame the coupon codes for me even being an owner to be honest.

See what had happen was...I was on a business trip in Clearwater on the Hotel side and just fell in love with the area and wanted to bring my family back for Spring Break. Upon searching for rooms at Clearwater I must have stumbled upon Extra Holidays by accident and happened to find a presidential suite available to rent from extra holidays ($800+/night)...and just for giggles I googled for a coupon code and it WORKED!!! We spent 4 nights in a 1 bedroom presidential suite in Clearwater over Spring Break week averaging around $500/night.

I have paid this level of hotel pricing at Loews Portifino or Hard Rock at Universal Studios and Disney Beachclub for a standard small 2 queen room without a full kitchen and washer and dryer so this is how I equated value. My family was beyond blown away at the size of the Presidential Reserve Suite at Clearwater and having a fully furnished stainless steel kitchen with large island granite counter top and front end loading washer and dryer. We went to a presentation while we were there and we all know the rest of the story...

This was right at the time units were being sold at Clearwater so I rented in late 2017 for a 2018 spring break. Now it will be hard if not impossible to find a room like this on Clearwater Extra holidays as there is only 105 units. Hell you can barely book it at 10 months out. I started with 200k CWA and later transferred all my points into Clearwater UDI for ARP (with additional points purchase) just to be able to book a 1 or 2 bedroom presidential suite over spring break (or at any time I desire) at Clearwater.

I would say Wyndham Extra holidays and coupon codes work well for HIGH POINT COST resorts on the weekends with a lot of availability if you are not VIP status. So I have used these coupon codes at Bonnet Creek during on peak times over the weekend for example.

So if (and more than likely when...) I look at renting points I might consider what a prospective renter could get at Wyndham Extra Holidays with coupon code as a frame of reference for pricing.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I blame the coupon codes for me even being an owner to be honest.

See what had happen was...I was on a business trip in Clearwater on the Hotel side and just fell in love with the area and wanted to bring my family back for Spring Break. Upon searching for rooms at Clearwater I must have stumbled upon Extra Holidays by accident and happened to find a presidential suite available to rent from extra holidays ($800+/night)...and just for giggles I googled for a coupon code and it WORKED!!! We spent 4 nights in a 1 bedroom presidential suite in Clearwater over Spring Break week averaging around $500/night.

I have paid this level of hotel pricing at Loews Portifino or Hard Rock at Universal Studios and Disney Beachclub for a standard small 2 queen room without a full kitchen and washer and dryer so this is how I equated value. My family was beyond blown away at the size of the Presidential Reserve Suite at Clearwater and having a fully furnished stainless steel kitchen with large island granite counter top and front end loading washer and dryer. We went to a presentation while we were there and we all know the rest of the story...

This was right at the time units were being sold at Clearwater so I rented in late 2017 for a 2018 spring break. Now it will be hard if not impossible to find a room like this on Clearwater Extra holidays as there is only 105 units. Hell you can barely book it at 10 months out. I started with 200k CWA and later transferred all my points into Clearwater UDI for ARP (with additional points purchase) just to be able to book a 1 or 2 bedroom presidential suite over spring break (or at any time I desire) at Clearwater.

I would say Wyndham Extra holidays and coupon codes work well for HIGH POINT COST resorts on the weekends with a lot of availability if you are not VIP status. So I have used these coupon codes at Bonnet Creek during on peak times over the weekend for example.

So if (and more than likely when...) I look at renting points I might consider what a prospective renter could get at Wyndham Extra Holidays with coupon code as a frame of reference for pricing.
I found it is cheaper to rent from a VIP member then Extra Holidays. Within the 60 day window you may find a room for $150 a night for a 1 bedroom Presidential suite July forth weekend

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
$6/1000 Was the deal I received within the 60 window. It would of cost me 220,000 points to book the 4 day stay. A VIP passed along the 50% discount to me $6/1000 for the 110,000 point stay. No availability was available to me to book but a VIP presidential reserve member did.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$6/1000 Was the deal I received within the 60 window. It would of cost me 220,000 points to book the 4 day stay. A VIP passed along the 50% discount to me $6/1000 for the 110,000 point stay. No availability was available to me to book but a VIP presidential reserve member did.

Sent you a PM.

July 4th at Panama City Beach would just be fantastic if possible but I looked further out into Labor Day as thought for sure availability would be an issue, but I did not think about Presidential Reserve VIP at Panama City...

I swear I just need to network with the right Platinum VIP members for key resorts, Panama City Beach being one of them.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tell people that I know if I had to do it all over again, I would NOT buy the VIP ownership I have; I would look for someone like me that has all the perks and available points and establish a relationship with him/her and pay him/her a reasonable fee to find me rooms at a discount.

Some of these "network relationships" can work out well for both the Platinum VIP owner and the renter. I am Platinum VIP with Presidential Reserve, but most of my contracts are the higher MF costs (Bonnet Creek, Glacier Canyon, Royal Vista). So my costs are close to $7/1000. But I can usually make something work if I find a PR unit that I can upgrade from a standard room, at the 60 day mark. So in the example noted, I could potentially find a room that rack rate is 220,000 points. 60-day discount brings it down to 110,000 points. Upgrade from a standard room might bring MY cost down to 70,000 points. So, even charging $6/1000 points for the 110,000 points (what the renter assumes is the cost) or $660 (a loss for me based upon face value) would allow me to make money, as my net cost would be $490 for the 70,000 points. Of course there would need to be a $99 guest fee charged in there as well. Alternatively, listing the same room on RedWeek would potentially yield a higher payment. Typically, I disclose my additional upgrade discount to the renter as we have an ongoing relationship and he/she understands that I can reasonably be entitled to make some money on a rental.

The prior post about finding a PR unit over 4th of July for $150 a night at Clearwater is simply not accurate, and I think it is quite misleading. The cost per night even at 60 days exceeds that lowball claim. Fourth of July weekend is clearly a PEAK time, and Clearwater requires advance booking due to lack of inventory and heightened demand for this fantastic location. Of course, there is always the REMOTE possibility of finding a treasure at the last minute, but the likelihood of this is so small that it should not be considered reasonable to ever expect it.

I enjoy working with those who have a good knowledge of the Wyndham program, and want to find a good price on a great unit. I do NOT enjoy working with those who want to squeeze every dollar out of a room cost.

One man's opinion.

Wes

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tell people that I know if I had to do it all over again, I would NOT buy the VIP ownership I have; I would look for someone like me that has all the perks and available points and establish a relationship with him/her and pay him/her a reasonable fee to find me rooms at a discount.

Some of these "network relationships" can work out well for both the Platinum VIP owner and the renter. I am Platinum VIP with Presidential Reserve, but most of my contracts are the higher MF costs (Bonnet Creek, Glacier Canyon, Royal Vista). So my costs are close to $7/1000. But I can usually make something work if I find a PR unit that I can upgrade from a standard room, at the 60 day mark. So in the example noted, I could potentially find a room that rack rate is 220,000 points. 60-day discount brings it down to 110,000 points. Upgrade from a standard room might bring MY cost down to 70,000 points. So, even charging $6/1000 points for the 110,000 points (what the renter assumes is the cost) or $660 (a loss for me based upon face value) would allow me to make money, as my net cost would be $490 for the 70,000 points. Of course there would need to be a $99 guest fee charged in there as well. Alternatively, listing the same room on RedWeek would potentially yield a higher payment. Typically, I disclose my additional upgrade discount to the renter as we have an ongoing relationship and he/she understands that I can reasonably be entitled to make some money on a rental.

The prior post about finding a PR unit over 4th of July for $150 a night at Clearwater is simply not accurate, and I think it is quite misleading. The cost per night even at 60 days exceeds that lowball claim. Fourth of July weekend is clearly a PEAK time, and Clearwater requires advance booking due to lack of inventory and heightened demand for this fantastic location. Of course, there is always the REMOTE possibility of finding a treasure at the last minute, but the likelihood of this is so small that it should not be considered reasonable to ever expect it.

I enjoy working with those who have a good knowledge of the Wyndham program, and want to find a good price on a great unit. I do NOT enjoy working with those who want to squeeze every dollar out of a room cost.

One man's opinion.

Wes

Wes,
I am a Wyndham owner so I do know the System better then most. The point I was making was sometimes it is cheaper to rent from a VIP then use your own points. Also inventory may not be available to me when a VIP has availability. The rental I posted was exactly this scenario and a last minute booking for the Forth of July Weekend check in on Saturday leave on a Wednesday. Inventory being available at the last minute is not always guaranteed. Diane the VIP I rented from gave me a bargain on this rental without a doubt. She also had guest reservations available and did not charge the $99 fee. I passed along her information to original poster for his comparison. I have built a relationship over the years with a few VIP owners and found most will pass along actual costs and not try to squeeze every dollar they can out of the renter. JMHO

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This is the post where Mom sticks her head into the room and says “remember the rules”. :)

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Clearwater requires advance booking due to lack of inventory and heightened demand for this fantastic location.

Tell me about it...and thus my 326,000 UDI Deeded Developer Points at Clearwater. Originally bought CWA 200k points with RARP at 11 months out (with plans to go VIP silver later) while visiting Clearwater The problem is there was a glitch in the online system that wouldn't honor my 11 month out booking so I made a few angry phone calls that got well documented and we booked my trip.

1 month later I moved all CWA points trade equity in Clearwater UDI with additional 126,000 purchase UDI (so traded in 200k CWA directly into 200 UDI Clearwater with additional 126k purchase at Clearwater). Sales reps pushing lower maintenance costs but all I cared about was getting Clearwater when I want it...and now I can. I just wish I purchased a few more points to get to 360k so I can stay 2 Bedroom Presidential 6 nights instead of 5. We can stay 2 Bedroom Deluxe 7 nights with our point level.

Just came back from Clearwater a few weeks ago over Spring Break and I tried to talk to the sales managers outside of a meeting to see what they could do to get me more UDI points at my AVG cost or lower on my 326k. They never called me back but while talking to them they tried to push CWA but I got them to admit I'd be worse off for inventory at Clearwater compared to my UDI and that is unacceptable to me.

Also on this recent trip I met one guy down there who rented from a VIP and got lucky. He rented a 2 Bedroom Presidential for 5 nights (Sun-Thurs) for basically my cost of UDI maintenance (not less than at least) on those 5 nights on that points level (270,000). He said it was super last minute so I'm guessing a UDI or CWA renter either broke even to cover mainenance cost even or someone hit a jackpot on an upgrade during spring break week.

I Love Clearwater....and also this infinity sunset view from the heated pool looking out through the Palm Trees into the Ocean...and the view from the gym overlooking the pools and ocean isn't bad either. When/IF resale contracts at Clearwater come out at Clearwater I'll be looking no doubt.

Clearwater Pools.jpeg

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wanted to try to create a group of people with Wynd VIPP on one side and WM on the other who wanted to find creative ways to circumvent the Club Pass program and make it cheaper for both sides. I am not in the market for looking for renters, but I am in the market for finding an I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

I would be all over that.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try to create a group of people with Wynd VIPP on one side and WM on the other who wanted to find creative ways to circumvent the Club Pass program and make it cheaper for both sides. I am not in the market for looking for renters, but I am in the market for finding an I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

I would be all over that.
Sandy Be careful on circumventing the rules a few members take offense to this. LOL see below.

Are you advising that individuals should COLLUDE against us OWNERS & Wyndham.
I think it should be pointed out that when individuals circumvent the rules that it does indeed hurt US the OWNERS not just Wyndham.
How much do all of you think it cost us the other owners to clean up the mega-renter mess? Millions of $!!!!
It hurt your availability while it was going on then you paid on top of that to clean it up by buying them out!! Remember they got bought out by all accounts! Ron, am1 & others received some of your $ that you paid in program fees!

I truly do not understand why it’s repeatedly advised to circumvent the rules here on TUG! It should be stopped!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
Braindead, Apr 5, 2019 Report

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy Be careful on circumventing the rules a few members take offense to this. LOL see below.

I think it should be pointed out that when individuals circumvent the rules that it does indeed hurt US the OWNERS not just Wyndham.
How much do all of you think it cost us the other owners to clean up the mega-renter mess? Millions of $!!!!
It hurt your availability while it was going on then you paid on top of that to clean it up by buying them out!! Remember they got bought out by all accounts! Ron, am1 & others received some of your $ that you paid in program fees!

I truly do not understand why it’s repeatedly advised to circumvent the rules here on TUG! It should be stopped!

What rule is Sandy "circumventing"?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: None I know of. I agree with finding ways to save$. But others may find it as a way of circumventing the club pass program to save $ costing all owners $

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not Colluding with anyone against Wyndham. I am NOT a commercial renter. I don't even want to rent.

But I live in Texas and want a better way to access the few historically under-utilized WMs that are TX based, as they are driveable weekend locations. They are under utilized as they are higher than standard point requirements and they are located outside the standard TX tourist locations.

Wish they would have created these resorts as dual listed resorts, but they did not, despite the fact they are both 2 years old at most. If fact New Braunfels was available in Wyndham before the lawsuit. I know because I booked them and got my VIPP perks in the process. But then they removed them all from wyndham. They created some dual listed some resorts for those locations that were historically under-utilized. The very same thing that is going on with the 2 new clubs they added that are NOT dual listed.

So I have Club Pass but hate it for a number of reason: My VIPP perks that I paid for DON'T apply, $99 reservation fee, and worst is I can't check inventory online I MUST call. (This is a waste of time, as I have to identify my credentials twice, one when I call and then again on the transfer to Club Pass. I just want a more efficient way to access some of the locations.

I personally think that all resorts from NOW on should be dual listed. Wyndham Austin is new and WM got 2 floors. Better 2 floors than NO inventory at all.

I suppose I could buy some WM points, but I don't really want to. So instead I would like to see if I could help some WM owners and in return they help me. The volume might be for me 1 or 2 reservations TOTAL for the year. I am not a mega renter, I want these for personal use. I just don't like the Club Pass mechanism.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

You must think private exchanges & rentals are colluding or circumventing the rules against us owners & Wyndham.
I want to make it clear that I do not.
I’m lost on how my post you used has anything to do with the topic at hand

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not Colluding with anyone against Wyndham. I am NOT a commercial renter. I don't even want to rent.

But I live in Texas and want a better way to access the few historically under-utilized WMs that are TX based, as they are driveable weekend locations. They are under utilized as they are higher than standard point requirements and they are located outside the standard TX tourist locations.

Wish they would have created these resorts as dual listed resorts, but they did not, despite the fact they are both 2 years old at most. If fact New Braunfels was available in Wyndham before the lawsuit. I know because I booked them and got my VIPP perks in the process. But then they removed them all from wyndham. They created some dual listed some resorts for those locations that were historically under-utilized. The very same thing that is going on with the 2 new clubs they added that are NOT dual listed.

So I have Club Pass but hate it for a number of reason: My VIPP perks that I paid for DON'T apply, $99 reservation fee, and worst is I can't check inventory online I MUST call. (This is a waste of time, as I have to identify my credentials twice, one when I call and then again on the transfer to Club Pass. I just want a more efficient way to access some of the locations.

I personally think that all resorts from NOW on should be dual listed. Wyndham Austin is new and WM got 2 floors. Better 2 floors than NO inventory at all.

I suppose I could buy some WM points, but I don't really want to. So instead I would like to see if I could help some WM owners and in return they help me. The volume might be for me 1 or 2 reservations TOTAL for the year. I am not a mega renter, I want these for personal use. I just don't like the Club Pass mechanism.

I feel your pain. But I dont see how they can do it. Would love to be wrong.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I feel your pain. But I dont see how they can do it. Would love to be wrong.

I don't think they will change things now either. But wishful thinking is that they cobrand some level going forward if they do not in fact merge them outright. Like I say wishful thinking.