• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oahu crowds Fall 2021 school break?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
We're slated for Oahu the week of Hawaii's Fall 2021 school break! Will that make a difference for Hanauma Bay early am, driving around the island? I only have BI locked in, so I could flip to arrive prior to BI if school break will be a big impact. We'd snorkel, drive around island, Arizona, hike, head over to Kalia area, and veg at pool. I did heard that we shouldn't go to DVC Aulani that week. What about Hilton Hawaiian village-would pools be packed with kids (luv um-have 4 myself), but this is a trip sans kiddies.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Do you know that Hanauma Bay has a reservation system now?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I saw that. Wondering if reservation system is just for covid spacing and will continue? Also wonder if tour buses will take a bunch of space. We liked to go at 6 am and leave when the buses arrive.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We're slated for Oahu the week of Hawaii's Fall 2021 school break! Will that make a difference for Hanauma Bay early am, driving around the island? I only have BI locked in, so I could flip to arrive prior to BI if school break will be a big impact. We'd snorkel, drive around island, Arizona, hike, head over to Kalia area, and veg at pool. I did heard that we shouldn't go to DVC Aulani that week. What about Hilton Hawaiian village-would pools be packed with kids (luv um-have 4 myself), but this is a trip sans kiddies.

What to you call the Hawaii's Fall 2021 school break? What time period is that?

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification: They are selling tickets with a limit of 720 people per day, and no more than 120 per hour. So it's a ticketing system for a particular time slot. I suspect that the page you linked may not be official, because it is selling activities.

More Info: http://www.honolulu.gov/cms-csd-men...-at-hanauma-bay-nature-preserve-tomorrow.html
No reservations - You have to show up
“Upon reaching the preserve entrance off of Kalaniana‘ole Highway, visitors will be directed into the bay’s commercial parking area and provided tickets for a specific time to watch the mandatory educational video. Visitors have the option of remaining in the parking lot and upper area of the preserve while they await their show time, or they may choose to leave the nature preserve after receiving their entry ticket”

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is no material difference between having a ticket for specific time, or a reservation for a specific time. But my goal was just to post the correct website and the correct info, so I'm done here! :wave:

Last edited:

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
There will definitely be more families doing things on island. A lot will depend on if travel testing and vaccines are available for children prior. Most of us on island are dying to get off but wont travel until our kids can get vaccinated. I personally have booked places to stay already off oahu for that week but if vaccines dont go well or pre travel testing doesn't go well im booking a staycation at Ko olina and/or gonna play tourist with outings at home.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk