• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We own at W 57th St and canceled several 2020 trips but planning 3 trips in 2021.

Has anyone visited lately. How were restaurants and the museums?

Any other thoughts?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We own at W 57th St and canceled several 2020 trips but planning 3 trips in 2021.

Has anyone visited lately. How were restaurants and the museums?

Any other thoughts?
As a resident of this dump.....I mean City. Restaurants are open as are museums. From what I’ve been hearing people are loving the fact that the museums are empty and you can really enjoy them without hoards of people. Restaurants are all operating with outdoor seating and the weather has been phenomenal. In door dining at 25% starts next week things are opening slowly. Central Park has been quiet and it’s actually a nice time to come and enjoy yourself. Night time is iffy. Things are quiet so the streets are quiet at night. During the week anyway, if it’s the weekend it’s a bit livelier. 57th street is quiet overall during the day because many offices are still wfh. I was in the area today to go to my favorite cafe (closed) on 56th street between 6th and 7th and the salad place, Starbucks and Milos cafe (best yogurt and greet tzatziki in the city) was still closed. Milos restaurant was open around the corner.

you can enjoy the quiet of the city but shows, entertainment, etc are still closed. Museums have been open and operating at limited capacity. I may actually go this weekend come to think of it.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
AB7E97B8-200D-4EDF-8E36-8A6A16C3B12E.jpeg

This picture was taken in Times Square earlier in the year. I think it was published in the New York Times.

It’s a memorable photograph for me - years ago I lived at Broadway & 49th.
I also lived in the Village (13th & 6th Ave) for a bit too. I like the city and the excitement but now I just drive or take the train in.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be prepared to pay a 10% surcharge at restaurants. Goggle for more info. Enjoy your visit.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
This is not a mandatory charge, like a tax. The bill allows restaurants to add a surcharge of up to 10% to all bills. It's beyond stupid. If a restaurant wants to raise the price of a meal they can do it already. These politicians really are clueless about the real world.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
This is not a mandatory charge, like a tax. The bill allows restaurants to add a surcharge of up to 10% to all bills. It's beyond stupid. If a restaurant wants to raise the price of a meal they can do it already. These politicians really are clueless about the real world.
Correct. I’d feel better paying a buck more per item. Anytime you see “surcharge” it’s cringeworthy. I’d rather your 10 dollar appetizer go to 11 or 12. In the end it’s the same increase but looks less rip-offish on the bill. If these lawmakers allowed restaurants to charge a 10% surcharge without taxing them, that’s completely different. To my knowledge, a surcharge is subject to being taxed as well.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I haven't been to NYC recently but was looking up a couple of the museums we like to visit. It looks like MOMA requires advance tickets, and you pick your time slot. The Met didn't say anything about requiring any advance tickets. So just do some research for the museums you want to visit.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
What makes you think that restaurants will not add this optional price to the tab. My bet is if they have the choice of course they will add the fee!

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
They can do it at their own discretion already. Just raise their prices 10% or whatever amount they feel is justified. The idiocy is that the NYC council thinks they need to pass a law for them to do it. The local and state governments in this area treat private businesses like they exist at their mercy. I owned and operated a business in NY for 37 years the amount of regulation and the attitude of the regulators was appalling.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
All well and good during the summer months. Talk to me in 3 months.

They're using those tall freestanding heaters to extend the season. Maybe not all through the winter, but if the winter is mild, it should help quite a bit.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
One of my absolute favorite cities to visit. Can’t wait until it’s back up and running.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
One of my absolute favorite cities to visit. Can’t wait until it’s back up and running.
We canceled our annual trip this year and I'm so hoping we will be able to go next year.

noson7982

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also cancelled our annual trip to New York no Broadway shows, No Yankees Games, Limited Restaurant choices why bother Hopefully New York gets its act together soon

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We also cancelled our annual trip to New York no Broadway shows, No Yankees Games, Limited Restaurant choices why bother Hopefully New York gets its act together soon
Not likely...... mayor and Gov are on the same “side” and they can’t even work together lol. In door dining is FINALLY starting soon.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in for New Years week. I look forward to supporting the businesses financially.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I had my west 57th week canceled this summer. Try again another year.

I did cancel on my own my upcoming The District stay. It was looking like museums where still closed, and I was not sure if I was up for flying yet.

So next year or beyond.