• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC Owners Update

Ben Breier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - NYC Residences
HGVC - Carlsbad, Marbrisa
We are owners at NYC Residences and are in town for the week. Prior to the visit, received an “update” offer and thought it actually a pretty good deal – dinner and drinks at Carmine’s Times Square followed by Beautiful Noise, a play featuring Neil Diamond’s life and songs, so we accepted. Dinner was family style, with about 20 or so other HGV owners who received the same update offer followed by pretty good seats at the play; turned out to be a very nice evening.

The update was interesting. They have a new (to me) standalone sales center on W57th and it is a quite nice center – you can tell that they have spent a few dollars. Anyway, we were called back and the sales guy small talked just a bit and finally asked if I had any questions and what I knew about the program – I listed off the merger with Diamond, introduction of Max, slow migration of properties, requiring a minimum of $25k new money to get into Max, limited reservation window, limited availability at the new properties, etc. He was quiet for a few minutes and then asked if I worked for Hilton – lol. Asked a couple of questions about our experiences at Residence’s and asked if we considered a different property. I know that others may have had some complaints, however we have enjoyed our visits and don’t have any issues. Anyway, said no, we were happy. He tapped his iPad for a couple of seconds and excused himself. About a minute later, he returned and asked if we would come him. We were introduced to the “VIP” sales guy without further comment. The ”VIP” guy went through an abbreviated pitch – 11k points over 18 months for $1695. I said thanks, but no thanks and he sent us on our way.

Our appointment was at 10:45 and we were back on the street and on our way to the room by 11:05. Turned out to be a great deal for me!

I guess the one drawback is that we didn’t receive any additional information on the program. He didn’t show us any of the charts, no offers, no nothing.

HaberHGV

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las palmeras / W 57th / Maui
What changes would folks like to see from the sales side- if they could craft the sales department into a new thing? More transparency? I’d like to see a bit more of that- and less promises of things that can only happen in a perfect world scenario

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I guess the one drawback is that we didn’t receive any additional information on the program. He didn’t show us any of the charts, no offers, no nothing.
Doesn't sound like a drawback to me. You have maybe the only one who hasn't been lied to in a sales presentation.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Love it. They offered me carmine’s for this week as well, but since I was there alone, I opted for a different gift and chose the $250
MF cred. Sales guy clearly sees my 2nd deed is resale. Asked if I was interested in hearing about sales, and when I said no, that’s it. He tore up my paper for the day and I was on my way 5 mins later. No one to even check me out. They gave me my MF cred gift at sign in.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
weird . same guy?

Ben Breier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - NYC Residences
HGVC - Carlsbad, Marbrisa
We had Shonte as our sales guy.

The sales center was clearly very busy, as we were walking, did hear many hard sells going on.

The Carmine's group was interesting and I was amazed at how little many of the people knew about the program. Spent much of dinner explaining how to maximize points, what is going on with Max, etc.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I was amazed at how little many of the people knew about the program.
I wonder if this is the normal HGVC owner. Either way, I certainly enjoy TUG because I have learned so much from other members.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The W 57th location has been there for some time. Our most recent few updates have been the Midtown Hilton, but we've been to W. 57th some years back. One time we were in the lobby and Sharon Osbourne, Darryl Strawberry and some other folks who were in that TV show together walked by on W. 57th.

We've had very good updates in NYC. Our last two totaled about 45 minutes for both and each got $200 in Elevated Rewards dollars.

Cheers.