• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NY NJ and CT Announce 14-Day Quarantine for Travelers

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
It says visitors, but I assume this applies to NY,NJ,CT residents returning from a trip to hot spots as well?

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
NY needs to protect their hard choices, sacrifices, and hard work for the past several months. They live in conditions that will easily exacerbate spread. Their scientifically based defining factors for their restrictions are brilliant. States that seem to be angling for conceptualized herd immunity can party with themselves.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I am in one of these three states and I have a trip planned to CA next month. It is looking like my trip is going to be cancelled as CA is seeing a resurgence of Covid and my guess is they will eventually be added to the list of states for quarantine.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
NY needs to protect their hard choices, sacrifices, and hard work for the past several months. They live in conditions that will easily exacerbate spread. Their scientifically based defining factors for their restrictions are brilliant. States that seem to be angling for conceptualized herd immunity can party with themselves.

Most of my family and many of my friends live in NYC. The only people they need to be afraid of is their own population. I am being told more people are not wearing masks then are. I first heard it from mom, then my cousin and now friends. It is only a matter of time the numbers start going up there again.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Can't argue with the underlined point at all but with respect to the bolded point, where was this brilliance early on when NYC was slow to close schools and take this virus seriously?
It seems Cuomo must have had a come-to-Jesus moment at some point - better late than never.

Obviously, Cuomo is not the only player in the NY game but he could have been much more proactive earlier than he was.

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of my family and many of my friends live in NYC. The only people they need to be afraid of is their own population. I am being told more people are not wearing masks then are. I first heard it from mom, then my cousin and now friends. It is only a matter of time the numbers start going up there again.
I'm really sorry to hear that people there aren't continuing to protect the progress they've made. It has been hard-earned. I was impressed that so many New Yorkers actually did what it took to combat that precipitous rise in hospitalizations. It truly is a community effort.

Last edited:

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't argue with the underlined point at all but with respect to the bolded point, where was this brilliance early on when NYC was slow to close schools and take this virus seriously?
It seems Cuomo must have had a come-to-Jesus moment at some point - better late than never.

Obviously, Cuomo is not the only player in the NY game but he could have been much more proactive earlier than he was.
Starting in late December/early January following the murmurs, I had my nose to papers and online medical lectures. I knew I didn't know enough to decide on my appropriate level of concern. Scientific facts grew my concern. I have never lived through anything like this. This has and will be a momentous learning opportunity in so many ways. I hope.

Hindsight is 20/20.

It seemed like politicians had to go and look up old books to acknowledge what their powers and responsibilities were. Our supposed, large and federally funded, protection agencies didn't seem to be prepared for anything.

I hadn't even followed Gov Cuomo prior to his daily briefings. He was the only leadership I could find that spoke to my fact-based inquiries, discussed strategies, and came out with plans that made sense. He also consulted experts for that which he didn't know.

New York and their partnering states have done well given the task. I applaud them.

I doubt any would have listened earlier. Best case had restrictions been mandated from a federal level.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Now we have at least 5 states with 14 day quarantines: Hawaii, Maine, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. This seems like just the beginning. How many more states will shut down to travel? I am feeling more and more trapped everyday! :cry:

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now we have at least 5 states with 14 day quarantines: Hawaii, Maine, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. This seems like just the beginning. How many more states will shut down to travel? I am feeling more and more trapped everyday! :cry:
I commiserate with you. I am lost without future plans and travel reservations. I must learn to deal, but there be wine.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Starting in late December/early January following the murmurs, I had my nose to papers and online medical lectures. I knew I didn't know enough to decide on my appropriate level of concern. Scientific facts grew my concern. I have never lived through anything like this. This has and will be a momentous learning opportunity in so many ways. I hope.

Hindsight is 20/20.

It seemed like politicians had to go and look up old books to acknowledge what their powers and responsibilities were. Our supposed, large and federally funded, protection agencies didn't seem to be prepared for anything.

I hadn't even followed Gov Cuomo prior to his daily briefings. He was the only leadership I could find that spoke to my fact-based inquiries, discussed strategies, and came out with plans that made sense. He also consulted experts for that which he didn't know.

New York and their partnering states have done well so far. I applaud them.

I doubt any would have listened earlier. Best case had restrictions been mandated from a federal level.

Given the state of New York was a corona virus epicenter, well.....just wow.

Moving on.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
HA. Came to Florida last month to escape NYC. Now have to quarantine when I get back? It’s like this thing is following me! I wonder if it’s ok to quarantine then fly to the Bahamas 4 days later. Maybe I’ll cut my FL trip short

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
New Mexico also has a quarantine in place, for those who arrive by air. Not sure how it is being enforced. But it's been in place for several months.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hindsight is 20/20.

New York and their partnering states have done well so far. I applaud them.

As I sit here in NY state and type this do you you realize many citizens are furious with Cuomo. Anywhere from 6000-12000 seniors died in nursing homes and it could have been prevented.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nursing homes are liked cruise ships . IMHO.. They are confined spaces . Once you are there, it is not that easy to leave. Everyone is breathing the same air. There is not much social distancing.

BagsArePacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I sit here in NY state and type this do you you realize many citizens are furious with Cuomo. Anywhere from 6000-12000 seniors died in nursing homes and it could have been prevented.
I also find that a great loss and I am so sorry for those affected. In retrospect nursing homes should be among the first on the list to protect in a pandemic. A difficult task in many regards. I hope that you are doing ok. Best Wishes.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now Texas is closing again. I wish there was a national website to visit the summaries of each state's covid guidelines. I feel like I am hearing them piecemeal.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

“Reasonable measures designed to protect the public are not only appropriate, but responsible during a pandemic,” Price (U.S. Attorney Kenji Price, of the District of Hawaii) said in a statement. “However, there are bounds to the discretion our public officials have during times of crisis. Those bounds are shaped by constitutional safeguards, such as the right of Hawaii residents and persons who hail from other states to travel freely within this great country.”

I foresee more lawsuits as a result of these latest reactionary quarantines. It will be interesting to see if the US Constitution Defenders prevail.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The source of the whole pandemic says you can’t come here!

been to New York plenty of times. No need to return until Wilhem is gone.