• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nwebie Question about buying a timeshare

Gmoyer3292

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello:

I see alot of time shares on e-bay for sale. is it safe to buy from their?

I am looking for a deeded timeshare, in Hawaii, annual, prefer a fixed week.
red.

Where should I look for the best prices?

Regards,

Greg

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Ebay can be safe enough. Be sure the seller has excellent feedback, do your own due diligence, and be sure the closing company is licensed, insured, and all that. I have bought several and have had no problem. Do your homework to be sure you are not buying something with a big special assessment or unresolved legal issues.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And don't jump in too quickly. Read, read, read on TUG so you are an informed buyer.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is more to buying a piece of real estate than it being in the state of Hawaii.

There are all levels of resorts and styles ... you choose to either stay at a Motel 6 or a Hyatt, either for price, comfort, style, extras ... what you like and feel comfortable with. If you are a Hyatt family, you will totally be unhappy, no matter how cheap you got the eBay timeshare, if you are sleeping in Motel 6.

JMHO,

Gmoyer3292

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawii Timeshares

I am looking for upscale timeshares, which names handle those?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you had to stay in a national hotel chain, which would be your top 3?

Above timeshares level of service is Destination Clubs or Fractional Ownerships - there is a recent thread around Tugs in the last several weeks.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should join TUG for the review section. After all not all gold crowns are really gold.

The review section helped me alot when I was buying my Hawaii timeshares and the others, too.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of

Upscale Timeshare companies in Hawaii.
Westin, Marriott, Four Seasons.
Buying a fixed week prime red week from one of these will run between $25,000 and $60,000, and I have never seen one for sale on Ebay.

These Hotel brands only sold the ultra Prime weeks as fixed.
Christmas, New Years, Presidents day, etc. Very hard to find any of these resale, as they sold to folks that paid the extra 75-100% for these prime weeks.
There were some 3 bedroom weeks sold as fixed weeks at Poipu at the Point, I do see these every now and then, in this same price range.

fwiw,

Greg

I am looking for upscale timeshares, which names handle those?