• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nuevo Vallarta Restaurants

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this has probably been discissed before but I looked way back and could only find one place that had several recomendations which I have noted
but we will be there two weeks so I'd like to find some more good places to eat. We spend our second two weeks in Puerto Vallarta so we probably won't go into town to eat very much the first two weeks. So can someone give me the names of places you have found in Nuevo that you liked?

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Nuevo, there's Laguna. In Bucerias, there's Marks. In the Marina, there's a great Italian restaurant called Porto Bello. In Puerto Vallarta, Cafe des artistes, Vitea, Pipis, and Las Palomas.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We like to go to Bucerias to the Capri.

In NV there is the Fajita Republic that is good. There is an Italian place too. (I can't think of the name right now) The food court upstairs at the Paradise Village Mall has some places that are ok.

We have taken the bus into town from NV.

Post this same message on TSToday and ask Pauline. She goes to Paradise Village in NV every year.

Radman

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
NV Mall

In the Nuevo Vallarta Mall there is Brazil up on the second floor. Different entrees brought to you at your table on long knives. The servers carve out what you want. Many varieties of meats. We loved it.

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot. In the entrance to Nuevo, there's a Argentine restaurant called La Portenas. Great meat place.

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Zib
I'm interested in restaurants too in the NV area as we have 2 weeks at the end of Dec06 there at Villa del Palmar Flamingos.

Like you, we also have time to spend 2 additional weeks in the area in rental accommodation during the Christmas weeks. I still need to locate place(s) to do that. Christmas will be tough I'd think for week #51&52. I am wondering if you or anyone else can advise me which places in PV that would be nice for me to try to rent. Also, has anyone ventured to stay further north than Bucarias around the La Penita or Sayluito areas? /Thank you. Marilynn

Lynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calyn79 said:
Zib
I'm interested in restaurants too in the NV area as we have 2 weeks at the end of Dec06 there at Villa del Palmar Flamingos.
QUOTE]

We stayed at the VDP Flamingos this past November. The resort right next door, the Playa del Sol Grand, has a very good Italian restaurant. We walked out the front door of the VDP, down the road a very short distance, and in the front of the PdSG. No more than a 5 minute walk. The restaurant was friendly, the food was excellent, and the prices very reasonably. We told them we were from "next door", and they still treated us great.

While there, we also ate at Fajita Republic and Brazil, both mentioned above and both very enjoyable.

Barbeque

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
We stayed at Paradise Village almost two years ago. When we were there we really enjoyed a restaurant owned by Paradise Village, El Pescatore which was seafood and Italian type food. The restaurant was between the Paradise Village Mall and the Resort. IT sat on the marina.
La Laguna was good for shrimp also but warning my wife had the toughest New York Steak I have ever tasted (Stick to the seafood). This restaurant is the same owners as Mariscos Tino in Pitital.

One other tip at Thanksgiving week on the way home we checked our bags at the PV airport and walked across the bridge and ate at Islas Marias
Wow!! great pork ribs and I had a combo and added octopus to it, it was a great meal. They bring a big pile of ribs for about $ 10.
Two things I know about Barbequeing and eating.

Last edited:

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. And yes, I know Pauline and we'll be staying next door to her our first week at Playa Del Sol Grand so I'll ask her.
MARILYN - Last year we stayed a week in Sayulita. I LOVED it and would go back in a heartbeat but my husband did not like it. He likes the big new luxury resorts but I loved the quaintness of Sayulita, dirt streets and all.
We stayed at Villa De Amor the only real hotel there but I wouldn't stay there again. Not that it wasn't nice but I prefer a condo to a hotel room which is what Villa De Amor is. My daughter and I scouted out some places to rent just in case we got back there. If you are interested you can email me and I'll tell you a little bit about the places we liked. zibbyjones@sbcglobal.net