• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few times per year, someone asks, "When is the best time of year to buy Wyndham."

The best EBay bargains are from November to February. December usually offers some listings with free closing and/or transfer. The bargains have arrived for this year. Below are a few examples; the prices for the completed auctions are total including transfer and any closing costs.

If you know what you want and are in the market for a Wyndham contract, the next few weeks and months will be a great time to try to snipe something.

Club Wyndham Access is selling at the best prices in a couple of years.

126,000 Smoky Mountains - $115

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-SMO...143891?hash=item23772ab8d3:g:zG4AAOSwXeJYGoOP

504,000 Smoky Mountains - $939

http://www.ebay.com/itm/504-000-ANNUAL-WYNDHAM-SMOKY-MOINTAINS-POINTS-FREE-CLOSING-TENNESSEE-TIMESHARE-/182356387247?hash=item2a7549a5af:g:7KoAAOSw4GVYLLpC

500,000 Club Wyndham Access - $1272

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-CLUB-ACCESS-500-000-ANNUAL-POINTS-TIMESHARE-/172413704181?hash=item2824a857f5:g:p1UAAOSw5cNYL7Ps

668,500 Bonnet Creek – no bids at $3748, relisted for $1000 less

http://www.ebay.com/itm/668-500-POINTS-WYNDHAM-BONNET-CREEK-TIMESHARE-FOR-SALE-UDI-CONTRACT-/322344933249?

182,000 Pagosa Springs - $286

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182-000-Wyndham-Points-Timeshare-Pagosa-Springs-CO-/391599170312?hash=item5b2d212308:m:mx8UDht9vkwBjpVJo7FhJHA

184,000 Ocean Blvd - $506.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-OCEAN-BOULEVARD-POINTS-FREE-CLOSING-MYRTLE-BEACH-CAROLINA-TIMESHARE-/182301435806?hash=item2a7203279e:g:Wh8AAOSwLnBX8mik

154,000 Royal Vista - $697

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-ROYAL-VISTA-154-000-POINTS-ANNUAL-TIMESHARE-DEEDED-/311728565967?hash=item4894786ecf:g:YV8AAOSw8w1YBRZl

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I expect the good time to find resale timeshare bargains -- Wyndham & all the others -- is after the maintenance fee bills go out & the old owners are motivated to sell before the payment deadline.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I expect the good time to find resale timeshare bargains -- Wyndham & all the others -- is after the maintenance fee bills go out & the old owners are motivated to sell before the payment deadline.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​
That may be part of it. I think it is more the market forces of supply and demand. Most people think about buying a timeshare after they return from their summer vacation, not now.

The supply of Wyndham contracts seems to be fairly constant throughout the year, but buyers evaporate at this time of year, so free closing and sometimes free or reduced transfer is the incentive to move the inventory.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I wouldn't buy in the Smokey Mountains right now.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I think now with mega-renters accounts being frozen/semi thawed would lead to lower resale amounts with less people trying to purchase.

that said best time is when price & product = what one wants to pay.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is a points system. Beginning 10 months before arrival, any owner may use their points to stay at any resort.

Wyndham Smoky Mountains offers a better than average maintenance fee per point.

The tragic Gatlinburg situation does illustrate the diversification advantage of timeshare points system. I do not know that Wyndham Smoky Mountains area was directly affected by the fires. The fires did not destroy Great Smokies National Park. Wyndham Smoky Mountains will still be a great base camp for exploring the Park and enjoying the other area attractions. It might be easier to get a reservation there for next summer as a result of some cancellations.

Immediately after the 1988 Yellowstone fires, there were predictions that Yellowstone would be a moonscape for at least 20 years. The popularity of Yellowstone as a vacation destination never wavered, and the landscape bounced back in a relatively few years. Seeing nature restore the park, realtime over a number of years, became part of the attraction of Yellowstone.

I expect to see something similar at Gatlinburg. In the meantime, current and future Wyndham Smoky Mountains owners can use their points at their home resort, or use them at any other resort in the Club Wyndham collection.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When Wyndham Santa Barbara was CLOSED for several years due to a hurricane, the fixed week owners had to pay a large special assessment plus MFs with NO USAGE .. as RCI required the ability to deposit the week for a trade.

Wyndham convinced MANY owners to convert their weeks to Wyndham points (for a good fee to Wyndham, of course).. allowing the owners to use their Wyndham points thru out the Wyndham system or to deposit the points into RCI (and their now "free" RCI account).

And the special assessment still had to be paid by the converted fixed week owners.

As for owners who did not pay the special assessment (or their future MFs)... the HOA has to pay for the legal action to foreclose on the NON-PAYING owner. The HOA could NOT sell the deeds they acquired per the management contract with Wyndham. The HOA only recourse, was to sell the deeds for $1 each to Wyndham (who held the 'right' to act as the sales agent) and Wyndham 'seeded' those deeds into CWA.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Sevierville, where the Wyndham timeshares are located are north of even Pigeon Forge. No fires in that area, also NOT densely covered wooded area with steep slopes and lots of deadfall and leaf fuel. Not an issue at those properties,

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think now with mega-renters accounts being frozen/semi thawed would lead to lower resale amounts with less people trying to purchase.

That is a huge part of the equation that yields the lower prices. I know that several of us impacted owners would be in a buying mood, except for the fact the future is SO MURKY right now for all Wyndham owners, but especially for the higher points owners like myself.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2014 and 2015 I bought 20 million points each year. And I was on track to do the same through the first half of 2016. I haven't bid on anything since Aug 23. And I know several others like myself, that have dropped out

ConfusedGuy2

Reaction score
I just bought a new Club Wyndham Access contract from Wyndham, at the Silver VIP level. 400,000 points for about $55,000, and maintenance fees of about $2,000 for the first year. I'm starting to think I should cancel the contract while I still can, and look instead at EBay, TUG, etc. I had no idea there were points available on the open market for 5% of what I agreed to pay.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new Club Wyndham Access contract from Wyndham, at the Silver VIP level. 400,000 points for about $55,000, and maintenance fees of about $2,000 for the first year. I'm starting to think I should cancel the contract while I still can, and look instead at EBay, TUG, etc. I had no idea there were points available on the open market for 5% of what I agreed to pay.

If you are in your rescission period, rescind this immediately!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You get only a few days to RESCIND ... one time to rescind or a lifetime to REGRET.

In other words, RESCIND ... if you feel rfescinding was a mistake, the deal or a better deal to buy direct from Wyndham will be offered.

PS... was that SILVER VIP level gotten to with BONUS POINTS? At $137.50 per 1,000 points, it is way LESS than what points are usually offered for. NO PIC weeks? Bonus points are ONE TIME points and the VIP status, is a "taste" of why you will end up buying more points.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own there and have friends who were displaced from their cabin, so I booked them into Smokey Mountains. It seems to be doing fine at this time - they are there now.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

I bought 420,000 CWA points in September for $1,434.00 all on eBay. I think prices are even lower now. Please rescind asap!

ConfusedGuy2

Reaction score
You get only a few days to RESCIND ... one time to rescind or a lifetime to REGRET.

In other words, RESCIND ... if you feel rfescinding was a mistake, the deal or a better deal to buy direct from Wyndham will be offered.

Yes, I am in the recision period, and I'm going to do that. Thanks a lot to all of you who shared your experiences here! I've come to the conclusion that CWA is a decent program and that 400K points would be about right for us, but that I could get them for a few percent of what I agreed to pay, and I may wind up doing exactly that.

PS... was that SILVER VIP level gotten to with BONUS POINTS? At $137.50 per 1,000 points, it is way LESS than what points are usually offered for. NO PIC weeks? Bonus points are ONE TIME points and the VIP status, is a "taste" of why you will end up buying more points.

400K CWA points for $55K, discounted from $100K, so Silver status forever. Plus 400K bonus points, for a 2-year taste of Gold status. Yeah, I thought that was a pretty good deal when I didn't know that it's buyer's market for resales and that points are available for 4% of list price.

Put differently, if I can get 400K points on the open market for $2K or less, then I'm contracted to pay the remaining $53K just to buy Silver status. I don't care what Silver comes with, that's a horrible deal.

Thanks again for all the posts that helped me understand this stuff better!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nine years ago I bought several Wyndham timeshares at high demand locations on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day through eBay. No one was snipping or last minute bidding over the Holiday. These were large contract and I picked up for basically a fraction of a penny on the dollar. That was then, this is now. . .

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am in the recision period, and I'm going to do that. Thanks a lot to all of you who shared your experiences here! I've come to the conclusion that CWA is a decent program and that 400K points would be about right for us, but that I could get them for a few percent of what I agreed to pay, and I may wind up doing exactly that.

400K CWA points for $55K, discounted from $100K, so Silver status forever. Plus 400K bonus points, for a 2-year taste of Gold status. Yeah, I thought that was a pretty good deal when I didn't know that it's buyer's market for resales and that points are available for 4% of list price.

Put differently, if I can get 400K points on the open market for $2K or less, then I'm contracted to pay the remaining $53K just to buy Silver status. I don't care what Silver comes with, that's a horrible deal.

Thanks again for all the posts that helped me understand this stuff better!

You instantly recognized what some people have required some explanation to see. Good job on averting this mistake.