• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Now charging for laundry soap & dish soap?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have confirmed with the GM at Grande Ocean that they are now charging for additional supplies over the starter pack at the beginning of the week.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will you receive a new started kit and fresh bed linens for your second week vacation? Will housekeeping change your bed linens and clean your Villa??Will housekeeping provide any service to you for your second week vacation stay ?

Will you be charge for this service???

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will this new charge/change be included as new information for all Marriott’s South Carolina resorts when making an exchange into Marriott’s resorts in SC?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I have confirmed with the GM at Grande Ocean that they are now charging for additional supplies over the starter pack at the beginning of the week.

What is supposed to be in the starter pack? Maybe i have not paid enough attention, but it seems like the starting qty of dish tabs and laundry soap have varied from stay to stay for me.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Will this new charge/change be included as new information for all Marriott’s South Carolina resorts when making an exchange into Marriott’s resorts in SC?
This isn't something that II needs to disclose in their resort details.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
The key will now be to understand what is included in the starter pack, and what additional items will be charged for? How will they handle shorter and longer stays? I guess it will now be important to check how many of each item you have upon arrival. I think this will cause more problems than provide significant revenue or savings.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
I get with MF's going up every year this might seem like an irritant. It shouldn't be. You are doing yourself a disservice by believing what was, is what should always be.

I have just locked in the airfares for 6 people (my two kids, their wife's, an infant granddaughter, my wife and I). I need two units, two rental cars, crib, car seat and booster seat. The cost of eating in and eating out have gone up. How about bikes for 6 people and beach chairs. With the costs of everything going up, I feel blessed that my family can do this. The extra charge is like the proverbial pimple on an elephants .......

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is supposed to be in the starter pack? Maybe i have not paid enough attention, but it seems like the starting qty of dish tabs and laundry soap have varied from stay to stay for me.
The key will now be to understand what is included in the starter pack, and what additional items will be charged for? How will they handle shorter and longer stays? I guess it will now be important to check how many of each item you have upon arrival. I think this will cause more problems than provide significant revenue or savings.
I didn't get details other than the GM mentioned 8 rolls of TP. Otherwise I'd assume around the same amount of supplies as previously. One small bottle dish detergent, a few packets of DW powder, 2 boxes of Clothes detergent, an extra roll of Paper towels and a box/extra box of tissues per bathroom. The wording also mentioned "enough for a 1 week stay", that and other info would suggest one would get a full cleaning and replacement of those items after a week. I have reached out to the Front Desk Manager to ask for clarification.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Perfect solution. For resorts that have FB groups, I always post room number for anyone wanting food that is closed the night before we leave This includes wine, beer and soda. I will add unused resort supplied items.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't get details other than the GM mentioned 8 rolls of TP. Otherwise I'd assume around the same amount of supplies as previously. One small bottle dish detergent, a few packets of DW powder, 2 boxes of Clothes detergent, an extra roll of Paper towels and a box/extra box of tissues per bathroom. The wording also mentioned "enough for a 1 week stay", that and other info would suggest one would get a full cleaning and replacement of those items after a week. I have reached out to the Front Desk Manager to ask for clarification.
To the OP, please make sure you receive five (5) coffee filters for your second week…LOL.

I got it, if you need extra kitchen supplies or bathroom supplies during your first week visit. The resort will start charging a fee for additional TP, or dishwasher tablets or dish detergent laundry detergents.

Last edited:

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Perfect solution. For resorts that have FB groups, I always post room number for anyone wanting food that is closed the night before we leave This includes wine, beer and soda. I will add unused resort supplied items.
I like this idea. Apparently there's something like this for a hotel I stayed at in Bahamas that my SIL checked every day. We scored a few free things from guests who were checking out. We returned the favor when we checked out and left unopened water and drinks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just don't see how this is a significant savings. What would it be, maybe a few bucks per ownership week? The cost of an employee running supplies to the room is probably a bigger expense. They could eliminate that by just having the stuff in a drawer or closet behind the front desk and make people stop by to pick it up. What about extra trash bags? We have run out of those a couple times..

TP should be unlimited. The stuff is crap for a reason. It is easy on the plumbing. Once people start to buy the three ply Cottonelle, they may run in to other problems.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just don't see how this is a significant savings. What would it be, maybe a few bucks per ownership week? The cost of an employee running supplies to the room is probably a bigger expense. They could eliminate that by just having the stuff in a drawer or closet behind the front desk and make people stop by to pick it up. What about extra trash bags? We have run out of those a couple times..

TP should be unlimited. The stuff is crap for a reason. It is easy on the plumbing. Once people start to buy the three ply Cottonelle, they may run in to other problems.
Instead of TP use the hand towels and wash clothes at the end of your stay. Like a dirty cloth diaper. Send it to the front desk or GM.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Extra coffee filters, soap, washing and dish detergent are normally available at most Marriott's front desk . IMHO

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Extra coffee filters, soap, washing and dish detergent are normally available at most Marriott's front desk . IMHO
But apparently not anymore at some of the SC resorts. They charge for it now.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We travel with a TS travel box that includes extra TP, 2 bars of DOVE soap, sugar, bug spray, measuring spoons & cups, bleach, washing and dish detergents. LOL

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks for sharing the list. Since we typically cook at least a hot breakfast everyday, the dishwasher tabs will go fast..

Since we usually fly for our timeshare stays, i am not bringing paper towels or TP from home. Laundry pods or sheets, coffee filters, dishwasher tabs are easy to bring along.

Guess we will see if this change sticks, and if it spreads across the rest of MVC resorts...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is solved with a hunting expedition down the halls on the prowl for the fully stocked housekeeping carts.
Suggestion only start your hunting expedition after checkout time. There should be some housekeeping cart’s available. LOL

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is solved with a hunting expedition down the halls on the prowl for the fully stocked housekeeping carts.
I'm not comfortable with just taking them but I suspect if one asks they'll get what they need unless management has threatened them otherwise. We drive so it shouldn't be an issue for us even with 16 units.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
If they still provide the standard amounts in each villa on a weekly basis, I wouldn't have a problem being charged a minimal fee for any additional laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, or coffee packs. We should get the restocking for free for stays more than 7 nights and they need to provide enough dishwashing soap for at least one load per day. If they start charging extra for coffee filters or to refill the shower bottles with soap and shampoo, then they are going too far.
Our body wash shower dispenser was empty, empty (nothing coming out) the day we checked in. Fortunately, they promptly refilled it when we reported it to the desk.