• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

November in Branson

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I know quite a few are planning to be here in November. Could you please post your dates and resort. Thanx. :D

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
produceman said:
We will be at Big Cedar Nov. 11 to 14. Will the leaves still be nice then?:hi: :hi:

Check in date Nov 10 unit 2041 at BigCedar. May arrive a day or 2 later. Not quite sure as of yet. Most likely Saturaday arrivial.

If Jim does not keep leaves at peak color we will bring lots of cans of spray paint.

Bruce :D

tim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our first trip to Branson will be at the Big Cedar from Nov 18-24.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
tim said:
Our first trip to Branson will be at the Big Cedar from Nov 18-24.

For those who have not talked to tim over the phone you will find that Tim has a electric personality.

Tim can explain why that is.

tim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce is being funny. I have an "electric" personality because I work for an electric company. Ha Ha.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Southern CA coming Nov. 11-18 and staying at The Falls Village (Bluegreen). Would love to meet anyone there during that time :)

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the average Branson November stay is 4 - 7 days!

In addition to who`s going would be
What did you use to "exchange into"
Branson & what size unit did you get

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We will be in Branson 11/4 probably through 11/7 staying at Grand Regency at Thousand Hills Resort. This will be a quick getaway for us to enjoy the lights at SDC and just relax for a little while. Normally, we get to Branson a couple of times a year. The way things have worked out for us this year this will be our only trip.

tim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I originally was staying at a 2 bedroom Fairfield (Nov 18-25) and used a South Africa week to get it. Then about a month or so ago, I saw some Big Cedar 1 bedrooms available in the lodges. I called RCI and they cancelled my Fairfield reservation ($109 cancellation fee) and used my SA week to get me a 1 bedroom at Big Cedar. Then I bought another 1 bedroom from RCI extra vacations for $300 which then gave me enough room for my family of 5 and my wife's sister and husband and Grandma. Now, the eight of us will have two 1 bedrooms next door to each other at Big Cedar instead of all of us in the Fairfield 2 bedroom. Even though it cost us some extra $ we are all very pleased with how it turned out as I have heard great things about Big Cedar. JLB, Boca and others have talked it up enough for me to spend the extra money to stay there. We can't wait!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cathyb said:
Southern CA coming Nov. 11-18 and staying at The Falls Village (Bluegreen). Would love to meet anyone there during that time :)

We will be staying at the Carlsbad Inn this coming April 29. Any good hints.
Maybe a group of us can get together to eat and learn from each other early in the week. Would Nov 12 or 13 work for any one?

avpmouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Branson is going to be hopping with tuggers. We will be in Branson at the Cabins at Green Mountain, 2 3 bedroom units. Arriving in Branson on Nov 11th, checking in on Nov 12th (staying one night at Palace View before our other company arrives), staying through Nov 19th. Would love to meet some tuggers.
Linda in Austin,TX :wave:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Marty Giggard said:

Sorry, missed this one. We own the one bedroom unit at Grand Regency. I picked it up on E-bay for next to nothing.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty Giggard said:

RCI Points from our CMV UDI WPD for 2 bed Cabin on the Cove at Big Cedar.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely my sentiment! I started this so I could print it out and have it all in one place.

I knew a lot of folks had been calling and emailing, but . . .

The leaves will still be nice. If it is like the past few years, they will actually be peaking in early to mid November, unless a big wind storm comes along. it only takes one good storm to knock em all down.

Tim is the fuse that hold the electric together. :D He is also the trip planner and his head is on the line for this to be really special. Some folks are reluctant to vacation in hillbilly country. :doh: That's why he switched to BCWC.

Should I try to plan anything as a group, if there is a group any particular week?

avpmouse said:
Wow! Branson is going to be hopping with tuggers. We will be in Branson at the Cabins at Green Mountain, 2 3 bedroom units. Arriving in Branson on Nov 11th, checking in on Nov 12th (staying one night at Palace View before our other company arrives), staying through Nov 19th. Would love to meet some tuggers.
Linda in Austin,TX :wave:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have Tim explain on what he is trying to put together for Canada. Tim has a really sharp mind.

Jim, your idea for a group thing sounds good. Do you have any particular thing in mind?

JLB said:
Absolutely my sentiment! I started this so I could print it out and have it all in one place.

I knew a lot of folks had been calling and emailing, but . . .

The leaves will still be nice. If it is like the past few years, they will actually be peaking in early to mid November, unless a big wind storm comes along. it only takes one good storm to knock em all down.

Tim is the fuse that hold the electric together. :D He is also the trip planner and his head is on the line for this to be really special. Some folks are reluctant to vacation in hillbilly country. :doh: That's why he switched to BCWC.

Should I try to plan anything as a group, if there is a group any particular week?

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce: Well, you got the right person. What kind of food do you like? We have a great French bakery walking distance from Carlsbad Inn on Carlsbad Village Drive near Albertson's supermarket. It looks like a dive in the back of the shopping center, but inside it is like in France and their pastries and breakfasts are delicious. Down Carlsbad Blvd is a tasty Mexican restaurant (not the one onsite at CI) - about 2 blocks. Cheap steaks about 2 blocks from CI. Let me know your tastes -- eating is our favorite pasttime :))

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to get together with all. We do have 11/13 - 3pm show tickets at Andy Williams Christmas so that day isn't too good for us unless it is lunch. Bruce -- see my note on Carlsbad eateries!

produceman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty Giggard said:

We will be checking in to 2747B on the 11th,:whoopie: used Blue Green Points

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
We, too, have been to the Carlsbad Inn, and thoroughly enjoyed our week in that area. Well, except for maybe our daytrip through Tijuana. :eek:
- - - - - -
No, I don't have anything in mind for a Branson get-together. It looks like a lot of those coming are bringing others, so I would hate to impose.

Perhaps just get a big table at a restaurant for a meal, and those who wanted to hang around could and those who have other plans could go on.

Of course, any and everyone is welcome to come out to our place and maybe hang out on the lake if there is a nice day.

Or maybe a group trip to Silver Dollar City.

Maybe a golf outing for those who want to. I checked with Holiday Hills yesterday, to make a tee time for us and Rapmarks, and they are reasonable. They now have a locals rate that applies to any guests of locals. That's a first for here.

I could get a group deal at a show. We seem to do OK with most of them.

I'll wait and see if the list grows or if folks decide to head this way because of the numbers already heading this way. I'll give it a couple of weeks.

At the other site there is a lot of talk about Grand Cayman, because of a bulk Spacebank, and a lot of folks are booking weeks there who never would have considered it, including us.

If anyone may be interested in heading to Branson in November, for Ozark Mountain Christmas, and maybe a get-together, RCI Last Calls includes Branson, and BCWC was even available (for $19 a night!).

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cathyb said:
Would love to get together with all. We do have 11/13 - 3pm show tickets at Andy Williams Christmas so that day isn't too good for us unless it is lunch. Bruce -- see my note on Carlsbad eateries!

Cathy,thanks for the advice. Hope to meet you and the other posters.

It would be nice if we could all somehow get together while in Branson. We saw Andy Williams while in Branson this September and enjoyed his singing. He IMHO still has a :clap: great voice.

Bruce

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope to be at my home resort, French Quarter from Nov. 18-25. Maybe I can meet us with some fellow tuggers also!

Suzy

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be in Branson between October 28 and November 3 staying at Palace View by Spinnaker. Picked up the Week for 8,000 RCI Points plus the outlandish $164 Reservation Fee. Used my Points Account to access Weeks during 45 day window.

GEORGE