• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nova Scotia - Kildare Landing

lmkucala

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an interval exchange request in for several areas in June of 2020, and I just received an email from Internal saying that a 3 BR (we only need 2 but that's fine) at Kildare Landing in Nova Scotia was available!

This resort doesn't seem to have any reviews, and it is listed on II as a "limited availability" resort. We have never been to Nova Scotia and it looks like a beautiful area on Cape Breton island but I'm wondering if anyone has been to this resort or the area and has any advice. I have until close of business today to decide if we want to take this. I'm thinking we should grab it!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
You posted this on the Nova Scotia TA forum as well. I replied to you there on Tuesday. Just noticed this thread here.

Haven't stayed at this resort, but it is in a lovely area on the Cabot Trail of Cape Breton. We have spent a lot of time in the area over the years and will be back there in October.

The resort is adjacent to (part of?) a golf resort and is just outside the pretty little town of Baddeck. Hope you took it. The photos of the resort look good.

lmkucala

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided not to take it - primarily because the availability for flights from Minneapolis is not real good until later in June. This was for the first week of June. If something comes up sometime later in the summer we will definitely visit this area!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Unfortunately, getting one in peak season may be difficult. It is a small resort, so only a few units and the peak season (summer) is relatively short, since there are no significant winter tourist activities. But who knows? Keep your fingers crossed!

Getting flights from Minneapolis means at least one flight change. The closest airport to Baddeck is Sydney (YQY), about an hour away. There are a limited number of direct flights from Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to Sydney.

Since you will need a rental car anyway, you would have more flight choices by flying into Halifax (YHZ). It is about a 4-hour drive to Baddeck. Direct flights to Halifax are frequent from Toronto and I believe also from Boston and New York City. You could also grab a quick connector flight from Halifax to Sydney, which are frequent. It would avoid the longer drive, but it means one more flight change!!

Good luck on your search. I gave you some activity hints on my TA forum post, if you do manage to get there.

lmkucala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I did look at flights into Halifax (they were limited into Sydney) and considered that, but it was still an all day journey from Minnesota meaning we would have to fly in a day early which didn't work out for these dates for us. I'll keep searching, and still might reconsider if it comes up again! It is definitely an area I would like to visit someday!