• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Notification of Courtyard Coconut Beach becoming Sheraton Oct 9

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received this email today:

10/7/2019

Dear Guest,

E Komo Mai! We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful island of Kaua’i. We are thrilled to share some exciting news: on Wednesday, October 9, 2019, our hotel name will change from Courtyard Kaua’i at Coconut Beach to Sheraton Kaua’i Coconut Beach Resort. This change reflects the culmination of our complete property renovation and revitalization.

There will be no changes to your reservation and your confirmation number will remain the same. For Marriott BONVoY members, you will continue to be awarded Marriott BONVoY points or miles and earn elite night credits for your stay with us. We are delighted to continue our partnership with the Marriott family of brands with its widely recognized level of first-class service and amenities.

The new Sheraton Kaua’i Coconut Beach Resort celebrates the breathtaking beauty of our Garden Island paradise, rich culture and history and strong sense of ‘ohana.’ Our property-wide transformation includes 314 redesigned guest rooms, a brand-new arrival experience, oceanfront bar and restaurants, upgraded public spaces, a reenergized pool scene and fresh programming. For more information, please visit www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lihsk-sheraton-kauai-coconut-beach-resort

We are proud to usher in a new level of premium hospitality in Kaua’i with warm aloha spirit. On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort very soon.

Mahalo,

Your Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort Team

We have reservations for 5 nights prior to using our Waiohai week in Feb. The point cost was only 100K points for the 5 nights...reserve 4 get the 5th night free. It’s not my favorite part of the island but it’s still Kauai and it’s still the beach. At Sheraton Resorts as lifetime platinum do we get free breakfast?

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received this email today:

10/7/2019

Dear Guest,

E Komo Mai! We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful island of Kaua’i. We are thrilled to share some exciting news: on Wednesday, October 9, 2019, our hotel name will change from Courtyard Kaua’i at Coconut Beach to Sheraton Kaua’i Coconut Beach Resort. This change reflects the culmination of our complete property renovation and revitalization.

There will be no changes to your reservation and your confirmation number will remain the same. For Marriott BONVoY members, you will continue to be awarded Marriott BONVoY points or miles and earn elite night credits for your stay with us. We are delighted to continue our partnership with the Marriott family of brands with its widely recognized level of first-class service and amenities.

The new Sheraton Kaua’i Coconut Beach Resort celebrates the breathtaking beauty of our Garden Island paradise, rich culture and history and strong sense of ‘ohana.’ Our property-wide transformation includes 314 redesigned guest rooms, a brand-new arrival experience, oceanfront bar and restaurants, upgraded public spaces, a reenergized pool scene and fresh programming. For more information, please visit www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lihsk-sheraton-kauai-coconut-beach-resort

We are proud to usher in a new level of premium hospitality in Kaua’i with warm aloha spirit. On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort very soon.

Mahalo,

Your Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort Team

We have reservations for 5 nights prior to using our Waiohai week in Feb. The point cost was only 100K points for the 5 nights...reserve 4 get the 5th night free. It’s not my favorite part of the island but it’s still Kauai and it’s still the beach. At Sheraton Resorts as lifetime platinum do we get free breakfast?
We also received the same letter, since we are staying there for the 5 nights prior to our Waiohai stay too. Although it states there will be no changes to our reservation, the resort charges have increased from $20 to $32 per day! And no, resorts do not offer free breakfast to their elite guests, unfortunately.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
And no, resorts do not offer free breakfast to their elite guests, unfortunately.

The timeshare resorts do not offer free breakfast, but this is a hotel resort. Every Marriott International full-service hotel or hotel resort we have ever stayed at offered the breakfast option in their restaurant to Platinum and Titanium Elite members. Now that this property has been rebranded as a Sheraton hotel with on-site restaurants, I would expect the same amenities you would get at any other Sheraton hotel.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
We also received the same letter, since we are staying there for the 5 nights prior to our Waiohai stay too. Although it states there will be no changes to our reservation, the resort charges have increased from $20 to $32 per day! And no, resorts do not offer free breakfast to their elite guests, unfortunately.

Take a printed copy of your reservation with the $20 resort fee in case there's any question about it when you check in. The parking fee changed at Westin Hapuna between the time I reserved and when I checked in last month, and the desk clerk honored the booking fee but said he could do so only because I had printed proof.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a printed copy of your reservation with the $20 resort fee in case there's any question about it when you check in. The parking fee changed at Westin Hapuna between the time I reserved and when I checked in last month, and the desk clerk honored the booking fee but said he could do so only because I had printed proof.

Thanks, I printed everything off when I made the reservation, so I am ready to challenge the increased resort fee. We are also staying at the Westin Hapuna and I have printed proof of those fees as well. We have learned to be prepared to save headaches later on.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The timeshare resorts do not offer free breakfast, but this is a hotel resort. Every Marriott International full-service hotel or hotel resort we have ever stayed at offered the breakfast option in their restaurant to Platinum and Titanium Elite members. Now that this property has been rebranded as a Sheraton hotel with on-site restaurants, I would expect the same amenities you would get at any other Sheraton hotel.

My husband is a titanium lifetime and I am a titanium and we always get breakfast at any of the hotels, however, we have never received breakfast at any of the resorts. You have been extremely lucky, if you received breakfast at one of the resorts. Per the Marriott elite benefits, it states that resorts are excluded from providing breakfast.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
My husband is a titanium lifetime and I am a titanium and we always get breakfast at any of the hotels, however, we have never received breakfast at any of the resorts. You have been extremely lucky, if you received breakfast at one of the resorts. Per the Marriott elite benefits, it states that resorts are excluded from providing breakfast.

You've actually got this backwards. Per the Marriott elite benefits for Platinum, Titanium or Ambassador most hotel resorts do offer breakfast for the member + 1 while most legacy-Marriott full-service hotels do not have to offer breakfast but only have to offer one $10 food & beverage voucher per stay. Legacy-Starwood full service hotels, including resorts, offer breakfast for the member + 1.

See the attached chart from the Marriott Bonvoy T&C for the legacy Marriott properties:
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.04.53 PM.png

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I think you may be confusing “Vacation Club Resorts” (the timeshare resorts) with “Resort Hotels”. The Vacation Club Resorts do not offer breakfast. We have always received the breakfast option at Resort Hotels, although it often is just a continental breakfast and we have to pay a $5 or so up charge per person to get a full hot breakfast. But this is only at Hotels. The new Sheraton in Kauai is a Resort Hotel, not a timeshare resort.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the recent changes to the Bonvoy program, breakfast for 2 is an amenity option for Platinum and Titanium guests at resorts. I've read that some only offer continental breakfast or discount off full buffet, but most offer full breakfasts.

Full service properties offer breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant if no lounge/lounge closed. I'm heading to the Mayflower on Sunday and staying in the timeshare section, but appreciate that they provide lounge access to me even for MVC stay. This is the only MVC property I am aware of the provides this benefit.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
With the recent changes to the Bonvoy program, breakfast for 2 is an amenity option for Platinum and Titanium guests at resorts. I've read that some only offer continental breakfast or discount off full buffet, but most offer full breakfasts.

Full service properties offer breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant if no lounge/lounge closed. I'm heading to the Mayflower on Sunday and staying in the timeshare section, but appreciate that they provide lounge access to me even for MVC stay. This is the only MVC property I am aware of the provides this benefit.

That’s great news about the Mayflower. I didn’t know that. We will be staying there next year and always enjoy our experience in the lounges. Have a great time there.

Best regards.

Mike

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-10-8_22-10-0.png

I can answer my own question. Under Sheraton it says 1000 points per stay or breakfast in restaurant per day...including resorts. That’s a great deal in Hawaii.

Attachments

• 6ACF431B-7E11-4112-BEC0-DF096846181E.png
    6ACF431B-7E11-4112-BEC0-DF096846181E.png
    212 KB · Views: 15

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the size and duplicate of the screenshot. I can’t figure out how to adjust it.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you for clarifying this ... I guess we haven't stayed at a resort since the latest changes. It will really be a great perk to receive breakfast at the Hawaiian resorts. :banana:

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we evacuated from Hilton Head to Greenville South Carolina for Dorian we stayed at the Aloft. In lieu of 1000 points we had breakfast every day for two for five days. Each breakfast was worth up to $10. We had a similar situation when we stayed at the Aloft in Birmingham. Breakfast options were much better in Greenville.