• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not Impressed with RTX

spthomas

Reaction score
I thought we'd try RTX since our resort was bought by their owner. So you have to get them searching for a resort to exchange. Now after a MONTH, we have nothing. And the guy says it could take several months to find an exchange, if ever! Any ideas where to go for quality exchange service? RCI was expensive but they always found sonethung.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm not familiar with that company, but exchanges are usually based on what gets deposited that matches what you want. They can't produce them out of thin air. So if nothing is deposited, there is no match. A month of waiting is a very short time, all things considered.

And RCI isn't the holy grail of exchanging: I wasted over a year with an Ongoing Search with RCI, only to learn from Tuggers that the exchange I wanted wasn't ever likely to happen, because the resort I wanted virtually NEVER gets deposited. The RCI Reps kept assuring me it'd happen "any day now." After 13 months of waiting, and no results, I pulled the plug. It wasn't worth wasting my time any longer.

I hope you find your exchange. But it is not a perfect science. Good luck!

Dave

spthomas

Reaction score
I guess I don't know as much about exchanges as I thought. For all the 33 years we've been timeshare owners, we'd just look at the RCI catalog, find a few resorts we liked, and call. Usually right away they had availability at a resort and we're done. With RTX, their online site lists only resorts they own I think; it's a very limited selection. BUT they say they can find you something on problem. So we told them what we wanted, and a month went by, and nothing! Looks like we don't get a vacation this summer unless we just pay to go, and that's why we bought a timeshare int he first place, so we didn't have to do that.

Now we're in the 2nd month, we've broadened out the search, but still nothing. And time's a ticking away.

Steve Thomas

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
When did you start your search? Are you looking for something for this summer and you just started looking one month ago?

spthomas

Reaction score
Well RTX never did find anything. So we tried again for next May, and again still nothing after 2 months, so exchanging eith RTX is not working. AND after 1 month you have to renew the search, but you also have to remember to do that because they don't notify you its expiring.

I'd put RTX in the "maybe if you're really flexible on the time and location and have a strong plan B" category. Cheaper, but no results. Going back to RCI.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry. Seems like a very limited company.

Dave

spthomas

Reaction score
Too limited I think. When most of what you want has to be done by an agent, on the phone, just calling resorts in the area, and then trying again later to see what's popped up, that's all very iffy for me. I had thought maybe there was a database that all the exchange and resort companies tapped in to, to post available weeks and to search for them. But it looks like it's a manual process.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Trying Trading Places or Platinum Exchange- free memberships.