• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not being recognized as TUG member

jnjvance

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably missing something but I got my codeword from TUG and entered into my BBS account when I joined. I am still only showing up as 'Guest'. Any ideas what I did wrong?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it is correct, however you are currently under probation and it wont change that usergroup to TUG member automatically until that period expires.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You probation status has cleared. You should now be shown as a TUG Member.
What is this probation status? Is it fairly new? IIRC, when the forums switched over to Xenforo, it was only an hour long cycle for the banner to show up after setting the member code.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
requires all posts from a new user to be approved by moderators/admin staff before they are public.

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
I have posted sparingly over the years as a guest. But with the last few months have been reading and learning daily. So much so that I decided to join last week.

I too have noticed that I am still listed as a guest in the bulletin board. Do I need to do something to link my tug membership to my bbs handle? They are one and the same - tamu_bu.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have posted sparingly over the years as a guest. But with the last few months have been reading and learning daily. So much so that I decided to join last week.

I too have noticed that I am still listed as a guest in the bulletin board. Do I need to do something to link my tug membership to my bbs handle? They are one and the same - tamu_bu.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
requires all posts from a new user to be approved by moderators/admin staff before they are public.
Then why do I see so many spam posts for Crypto recovery from posters who signed up the same day? These crypto spam posts seem to be the only spam I see these days.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yet another of the world's great issues solved by TUG! OP's mission accomplished.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Then why do I see so many spam posts for Crypto recovery from posters who signed up the same day? These crypto spam posts seem to be the only spam I see these days.
its an option that has to be set manually on an account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We probably need to add a word or two to the list that triggers a new user's post to require staff to review before the the post goes live.
Yeah, 'crypto' would probably be a good word to add to the list.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the OP is a TUG Member this Saturday morning.
Welcome to TUG.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps add the word "Bitcoin". Saw it in spam this morning. Likely a word a new legitimate user wouldn't use in their first posts.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I guess the words it uses are very specific or case sensitive? I reported a post earlier from a brand new user that had the word "cryptocurrency" in it.