• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Norwegian To Launch Sub-$200 Flights From US to Paris

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Norwegian To Launch Sub-$200 Flights From US to Paris - by Josh Lew/ Airlines & Airports/ Travel Pulse/ travelpulse.com

"Norwegian Air has announced new transatlantic flights. The low-cost carrier will fly a trio of routes to Paris starting on July 29. The airline will fly from Los Angeles, New York JFK and Fort Lauderdale to the City of Lights using its brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliners. Flights will take off from Los Angeles four times per week and from JFK twice per week. Service to Fort Lauderdale will be weekly..."

630x355.jpg

Photo courtesy of Boeing

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this new information.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely interesting info. But, as with all these low-cost flights and airlines, a number of questions arise:

1) With taxes and fees, what will the cost come to and how will that compare with other airlines flying the same route?

2) What other hidden charges are there: eg., checked baggage, carry-on baggage, food/snacks, seat selection, boarding priority, etc.

3) Will this low price apply for all flights on these routes or is this just a "starting at..." price for unpopular times with more expensive prices for the mor popular and convenient times?

4) We've heard many of the horror stories of U.S.-based, low-cost airlines (Allegiant, Frontier, Spirit, etc.). How will Norwegian compare to those?

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you guys remember the Laker airlines of the seventies?
Norwegian airlines seem to be the go to airlines for all the kids these days. My daughter just flew to London for $400 roundtrip with Norwegian.
It's about time there was some real competition to the major airlines.
Hopefully there will be no shortcuts in safety but this is great news!

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Norwegian is also expected to fly from Hartford (my airport) to Edinburgh and Bergen sometime next year. Can't wait! Expected price with all the additional fees etc. about $300.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Do you guys remember the Laker airlines of the seventies?

I flew Oakland to London on Laker in 1978, it was a fun party atmosphere on the plane. The attendants wore bowler hats and miniskirts. Ah, the seventies...

09dd3ce25fbfd7d51869c5ddf2b26db8.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember flying Laker from Europe to NYC nearly a half century (!!!!) ago. Party atmosphere, unheard-of charging for sandwiches, but cheap.

But to the subject addressed here. It's about time some airline passed along the available savings THEY are getting by putting into service aircraft (787 Dreamliners) that burn about 20% less fuel, that right now is at historic low prices. They have a base location (Norway) that happens to be closer to the US, than many others, allowing stopovers to build tourism like Icelandair has done with free stopovers.

I wish them success with this. Now if they will announce interline alliances with US based legacy carriers so passengers can easily check luggage through with them, I'd happily give them my business for the long-haul portion of my trips to/from Europe.

Jim

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew Oakland to London on Laker in 1978, it was a fun party atmosphere on the plane. The attendants wore bowler hats and miniskirts. Ah, the seventies...

09dd3ce25fbfd7d51869c5ddf2b26db8.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk
Funny how that was a sky train. Not a sky bus and we all talk of air travel as being as bad as bus travel now.