• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NOLA- Things not to Miss

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
That ref’s bad call basically lost the saints the game.

Wonder how many more good years Drew Brees has in him.

I bet if he ran for Mayor of New Orleans, he'd win in a landslide. And probably provide better governance than New Orleans is used to.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
That’s what I was hoping for. I had this darn cold for 10 days. I want it gone

Hope you feel better, since you are in NOLA now, a must see band for me is Tuba Skinny and they are playing at the Maison (frenchmen street) on 1/24/19 (7-10)pm . If you like old time Jazz check them out.

here is a sample of them.

Last edited:

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is another excellent band. They are playing at the Spotted cat (frenchmean street) 1/23/19 at 6-10 pm.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And of coarse at the Spotted Cat (Thursday 6-10) their is the Miss Sophie Lee Band.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Thanks, I think we will go to The Spotted Cat on the 23.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For cheap entertainment we rode the Green “St. Charles” streetcar from end to end. It’s a 2 hour trip, round trip. Having a great time and it’s a great way to see everything

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are street musicians all over the French Quarter. Usually quite a few in Jackson Square. Frenchmen Street has 4 to 6 places that play Jazz and Blues. This is where most of the locals go for music. Our favorite is The Spotted Cat. Only a few tables and chairs so get there early. No food only drinks. So they will let you bring food in.

There is 1 timeshare on Frenchmen Street with open decks with chairs facing the street on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We stayed there a week in October.

Music on Frenchmen Street.

Here is another excellent band. They are playing at the Spotted cat (frenchmean street) 1/23/19 at 6-10 pm.

Double thumbs up on Frenchman Street and the Spotted Cat. Dont waste any time on Bourbon Street. Walk or Uber/Lyft/taxi to Frenchman.

I have video of Shotgun Bank and Dominick Grillo and the Frenchman Street All-Stars Band on my phone that I took at the Spotted Cat.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we go to New Orleans, we always have either a brunch or a lunch at Muriel’s. After we are through with the meal we take a drink upstairs to their balcony and grab a table and enjoy the sights below. You will be able to see the performers shown above from that balcony if you are there in the afternoon. We will be back there May.

Tom:

We went to Muriel's tonight for dinner and it was great, they had a 3 course meal deal and I loved everything… thanks for the tip

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Dont waste any time on Bourbon Street. Walk or Uber/Lyft/taxi to Frenchman.

Agreed with the exception that everyone visiting New Orleans should go to Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar.

dlynnerosen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I go to the QH every year. I recommend taking the St. Charles streetcar through the Garden District which is beautiful! The same streetcar will take you to Commander’s Palace. If you go for a weekday lunch, you can get martinis for $0.25 and an memorable lunch.
We usually do a plantation tour and sometimes a bayou tour with Cajun Encounters. All of the museums are fantastic. If you like art you can go to the art museum at City Park (take the Canal St. Streetcar) or go to the Ogden.
Eat a muffaletta at Central Grocery. Get beignets and a coffee from Cafe du Monde and go to the Mississippi to watch the boats and people go by.
I never get tired of NOLA. Just walking around the French Quarter makes me happy.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi Dave,
What cruise are you taking in May? We are also going out of NOLA the first part of May!

We're catching a five day Carnival Cruise to the Yucatan later in May. Just two in-port periods - Cozumel and Progresso (Merida.) Found it on Costco.com for a really great price for balcony staterooms, and decided it's a great way to extend our vacation there. Best of all, my best friend from high school and his wife, (both very good friends of ours, and are practically family), are flying over from Virginia to join us. Their stateroom is across the ship from ours on the same deck, so we can switch sides for the better view. We did that in 2017 on an Alaska Cruise with them, and it worked great. We've booked a private car tour of Merida, which will be a high point for us. We've been wanting to get a feel for that city, so we can decide if we want to go there for a destination vacation. This will be a great way to get a taste of it.

Have fun on your cruise!

Dave

ab71786

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for reasonably priced overnight parking. For the week

traveller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're catching a five day Carnival Cruise to the Yucatan later in May. Just two in-port periods - Cozumel and Progresso (Merida.) Found it on Costco.com for a really great price for balcony staterooms, and decided it's a great way to extend our vacation there. Best of all, my best friend from high school and his wife, (both very good friends of ours, and are practically family), are flying over from Virginia to join us. Their stateroom is across the ship from ours on the same deck, so we can switch sides for the better view. We did that in 2017 on an Alaska Cruise with them, and it worked great. We've booked a private car tour of Merida, which will be a high point for us. We've been wanting to get a feel for that city, so we can decide if we want to go there for a destination vacation. This will be a great way to get a taste of it.

Have fun on your cruise!

Dave
That sounds like a wonderful time!! It is so fun to travel with friends and spend some quality time together. Life gets us so busy for us that we sometimes forget to stop and take time for good friends! Have a fun time in Merida and be sure and let us know how your experience goes!! Happy travels!!!

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks, Marriott Grande Ocean Hilton Head, Bouganville Barbados, Marriott Points
I did the walking ghost tour with my cousins when we went to NOLA 2 years ago. 2 of the 4 of this group have issues walking. One out of the 2 is obese and just walking short distances tires him out and the other person just doesn’t like to walk long distance (more then a short block)

I wonder if they have a bus ghost tour. Thanks for the suggestion love it
Lord Chaz is the man for ghost tour

Last edited: