• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No RCI membership with Wyndham resale contracts?

AJCM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
After much research on this site (and others) we decided to purchase a couple of contracts resale through eBay. We bought 168k biennial odd at Bonnet Creek ($680 all in) and 126k biennial even at Cypress Palms ($0 - winning bid was too low to bother with apparently). The Bonnet Creek transfer took about 12 weeks to process, and we are 6 weeks into Cypress Palms.

We finally have access to myclubwyndham.com, after several false starts and a week of "Inactive Account" error messages. There was no availability near Tampa over our dates, so I decided to check out RCI. There was no access to the site, only an error message that said our deposit period had expired.

I called Wyndham customer support and was told that because we purchased the contract resale, it does not come with an RCI membership. If we want one, we would either have to purchase another contract retail (ha!) or contact RCI directly. When we called RCI, they said that the home resort should be able to request a membership number but we could not obtain one through them directly.

Is this something new, did I miss something in my research, or did the agent not know what she was talking about?

Thank you for any insight!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
no you didnt miss anything... resale accounts get an RCI account

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
After much research on this site (and others) we decided to purchase a couple of contracts resale through eBay. We bought 168k biennial odd at Bonnet Creek ($680 all in) and 126k biennial even at Cypress Palms ($0 - winning bid was too low to bother with apparently). The Bonnet Creek transfer took about 12 weeks to process, and we are 6 weeks into Cypress Palms.

We finally have access to myclubwyndham.com, after several false starts and a week of "Inactive Account" error messages. There was no availability near Tampa over our dates, so I decided to check out RCI. There was no access to the site, only an error message that said our deposit period had expired.

I called Wyndham customer support and was told that because we purchased the contract resale, it does not come with an RCI membership. If we want one, we would either have to purchase another contract retail (ha!) or contact RCI directly. When we called RCI, they said that the home resort should be able to request a membership number but we could not obtain one through them directly.

Is this something new, did I miss something in my research, or did the agent not know what she was talking about?

Thank you for any insight!
Call back and ask for Owner Care. RCI account does come with resale contracts. If you don't get an RCI account ask them to verify that in writing via email. This would be a new rule to all here.
Also ask OC to expedite your RCI account setup.
Please let us know what you find out

AJCM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thank you for the lead on Owner Care! After 20 minutes on hold I was finally able to speak with someone who apologized profusely for incorrect information the agent gave me last night.

She started the process and said that we should have access to RCI exchanges within 5 days.