• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No problem booking Thanksgiving week 2017!

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
All,

I have read lots of threads with website issues and phone issues trying to book a competitive week. Today was the 12 month opening for Thanksgiving week 2017 and I am pleased to report that there was absolutely no issue booking a Sat to Sat stay at Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert for either myself or my Brother in Law. We both booked online.

Hopefully everyone had the same experience this year and website issues are a thing of the past!

John

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't get it

I didn't get Lakeshore Reserve ... guess I'll try to reserve Christmas.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I also had no issues getting a Thanksgiving week reservation (Sunday - Sunday ) at Shadow Ridge. I got skunked the past two years (one was my fault - logged in late) so this was a nice change.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually forgot all about booking our 2 BR Aruba Surf Club this year and when I checked this morning they only had 11/16-11/23 (Thurs-Thurs) with the check out date being right on Thanksgiving. We normally rent our week out on RW so I am hoping this week still has decent value. Being the 19th today could the Sunday-Sunday option for Thanksgiving week show up tomorrow morning available (11/19-11/26) or am I too late for that now too? Nothing in the end of November is showing up available. :(

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I got my Shadow Rigde Thanksgiving week online SO who had to call got denied on hold for 19 minutes and then a no go. My mother had the same problem with calling in for Desert Springs 2. So although I woke them both up after some mild harassing for weeks to get their online account active they didn't succeed. Maybe they will by next year.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I actually forgot all about booking our 2 BR Aruba Surf Club this year and when I checked this morning they only had 11/16-11/23 (Thurs-Thurs) with the check out date being right on Thanksgiving. We normally rent our week out on RW so I am hoping this week still has decent value. Being the 19th today could the Sunday-Sunday option for Thanksgiving week show up tomorrow morning available (11/19-11/26) or am I too late for that now too? Nothing in the end of November is showing up available. :(
All check in days for the same weekend are available 12 months before the first check in day for the weekend.
I'm guessing that the rental value for the dates you booked will be a lot less than Thanksgiving week. I'd suggest trying to call and trying to switch either for a better Thanksgiving week reservation or a summer week, which are in high demand.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

I have read lots of threads with website issues and phone issues trying to book a competitive week. Today was the 12 month opening for Thanksgiving week 2017 and I am pleased to report that there was absolutely no issue booking a Sat to Sat stay at Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert for either myself or my Brother in Law. We both booked online.

Hopefully everyone had the same experience this year and website issues are a thing of the past!

John

That's awesome! We are at DSV ll now and it's amazing! It's our 3rd time here for Thanksgiving and it's just S beautiful time of year to come. We love Shadow Ridge as well!

Janna

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
Being the 19th today could the Sunday-Sunday option for Thanksgiving week show up tomorrow morning available (11/19-11/26) or am I too late for that now too? Nothing in the end of November is showing up available. :(

In the past I have kept checking back and inventory happened to appear for weeks that were previously unavailable. If you definitely don't want the Thursday you might see if they can unassign your week to make it easier to check the available inventory online yourself.