• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cinerama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that there are no Disney Resorts available since RCI did their last upgrade? I usually see weeks available at Saratoga Springs daily. Now I see none.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I think it is just the typical lull in deposits.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just stayed last week with OGS match but I did see the exact week open up just a few weeks before our trip. And I made a match for the Spring but released it. I didn't see it come back into inventory so somebody else may have grabbed it. I brought my search window down so I may not see anything else for awhile. So time will tell if the recent upgrade affects anything.

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a Saratoga Springs showing in RCI yesterday (Saturday) morning with a January 20 check-in date. I've also been matching to OKW quite a bit with my other OGSs.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just made a match at SSR in March. Oddly enough I had changed my search parameters and I shouldn't be looking for March so I think that the update may have affected searches.

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Major frustration with this change. Time is money and the fact that one cannot conduct group favorite searches costs too much time.
Encourage all who do not like the change to leave feedback to RCI. Look for the feedback option on the side of your screen.
Still waiting for RCI to respond.

BC Bum

Reaction score
The new website design is awful. What a step backwards in functionality. I just sent them an email.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Agreed. I emailed them as well

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Hawaii Collection 74,000 points

Westin 2 Bedroom Maui; selling it now.
2 bedroom ocean Front Hyatt week 51. We Rent it on VRBO only.
Go to www.diamondresorts.com look at properties and you will see Disney in Florida and hawaii.

Anyone hear anything about Disney leaving RCI ?

Thoughts.

Thx.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Go to www.diamondresorts.com look at properties and you will see Disney in Florida and hawaii.

Anyone hear anything about Disney leaving RCI ?

Thoughts.

Thx.

It's an affiliate relationship.

For example it states the following under the Disney Resort locations

From https://www.diamondresorts.com/destinations/property/Bay-Lake-Tower-at-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort
"Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort is an affiliate of ExtraOrdinary Escapes and is not available for bookings by Diamond Club members at this time."

From - https://www.diamondresorts.com/destinations/property/Aulani-A-Disney-Resort-Spa
"Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is an affiliate of ExtraOrdinary Escapes and is not available for bookings by Diamond Club members at this time."

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It's an affiliate relationship.

For example it states the following under the Disney Resort locations

From https://www.diamondresorts.com/destinations/property/Bay-Lake-Tower-at-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort
"Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort is an affiliate of ExtraOrdinary Escapes and is not available for bookings by Diamond Club members at this time."

From - https://www.diamondresorts.com/destinations/property/Aulani-A-Disney-Resort-Spa
"Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is an affiliate of ExtraOrdinary Escapes and is not available for bookings by Diamond Club members at this time."

Thanks. But I was looking for what is going ob.....Disney is an affiliate of RCI. So now their affiliated with Diamond.

Do Any Disney owners know what going on?

Thanks.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thanks. But I was looking for what is going ob.....Disney is an affiliate of RCI. So now their affiliated with Diamond.

Do Any Disney owners know what going on?

Thanks.
Here is a summary of how extraOrdinary Escapes work : https://www.citheownersgroup.org/single-post/2016/08/18/ExtraOrdinary-Escapes-DRIs-money-make It sounds like DRI just has to take some DRI inventory and deposit it into RCI and can pull out a DVC for those who pay extra to belong to ExtraOrdinary Escapes.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Here is a summary of how extraOrdinary Escapes work : https://www.citheownersgroup.org/single-post/2016/08/18/ExtraOrdinary-Escapes-DRIs-money-make It sounds like DRI just has to take some DRI inventory and deposit it into RCI and can pull out a DVC for those who pay extra to belong to ExtraOrdinary Escapes.

Thanks. Wow. A little angry post, but I think I can see what is happening.
I'm a DRI owner so I am happy for this and I think what I heard is true. Disney is trying and is in the process of leaving RCI. All their resorts are 50 to 60 values in RCI and if I was a Disney owner who paid 50K with a $4,000 MF I wouldn't deposit it in RCI either. Wyndham has destroyed RCI. It's sad and I think it's true. Disney is leaving RCI. They already partner with Hyatt and now Diamond both Interval members. Something's up. If anyone knows facts please let us know.

Any Disney owners know anything? I would like some insight rather then internet rumors.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think it means DVC is leaving RCI at all.

I also don't think DVC members know if/when DVC decides to change its external exchange company. In 2008 When they changed from II to RCI, DVC members were notified on Dec 1 that the change would take place on January 1, 2009.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
ExtraOrdinary Escapes is the equivalent of DRI flagship THE Club for Embarc members (aka Club Intrawest).
Embarc is separated from the other DRI Collections.

Last edited:

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see how "RCI has destroyed Disney". 50 -60 is the highest TPUs. They are in big demand. Good for DVC....if you really, really want it - you need to buy it or rent it.

A typical week in RCI is 15-25. You get 2 for 1 (or 3 for 1) if you are the depositer.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see how "RCI has destroyed Disney". 50 -60 is the highest TPUs. They are in big demand. Good for DVC....if you really, really want it - you need to buy it or rent it.

A typical week in RCI is 15-25. You get 2 for 1 (or 3 for 1) if you are the depositer.
DVC owners exchange with RCI using their points directly. I don't think they can book a Disney week and deposit it in RCI in exchange of TPU.

dundey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Bottom line is that the vast majority of DVC owners do not use RCI for Disney weeks. Why would I use RCI when I can rent my DVC points for $14 / point?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were over 15 OKW and SSR listed this morning. Still lots left.

I totally use RCI for Disney stays IF I don't mind staying at SSR or OKW. When you compare DVC points to those 1 bdrm units, it is a huge savings. As of late my DVC points are going towards the Poly.