• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No CNN at Westgate

Reaction score
I am no sure if this is at every Westgate, but Westgate Park City television does NOT have CNN, but does have Fox news and others. I find this interesting as David Siegel is very pro-republican and is very opinionated.

Does any other timeshare limit news sources?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Some funny guy probably just programmed it that way - you should be able to change it with the remote.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Consider Yourself lucky. Even luckier if there were no cable news channels;)

Cheers

Reaction score
I actually called the front desk and they said no CNN is available

It is not that important, I just think it is interesting that there is selective editing of channels depending on the CEO of the company

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I’ve seen this at various hotels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
MSNBC is our favorite channel. Couldn’t get it at Carriage House in Las Vegas.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
And that is 'value added' to your stay! :cool:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
And that is 'value added' to your stay! :cool:

Obviously, you don’t know what you’re missing!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
As they say.... “no news is good news”

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Obviously, you don’t know what you’re missing!

When it comes to CNN, let's just say I prefer the fantasy written by Tolkien to that excreted from Atlanta.
But at the risk of this becoming a tit for tat, I'll add that I miss what media used to be because I do recall a time when conversation (at civil levels) was possible in the media and one CNN show I did enjoy considerably was The Capital Gang. To me, it marked a time when the networks would still at least make effort to confine their opinioning to a show appropriately labeled as such and tried to report the news the remainder of the day.

Those days are long gone.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
When it comes to CNN, let's just say I prefer the fantasy written by Tolkien to that excreted from Atlanta.
But at the risk of this becoming a tit for tat, I'll add that I miss what media used to be because I do recall a time when conversation (at civil levels) was possible in the media and one CNN show I did enjoy considerably was The Capital Gang. To me, it marked a time when the networks would still at least make effort to confine their opinioning to a show appropriately labeled as such and tried to report the news the remainder of the day.

Those days are long gone.
Now all press are the Ministry of Truth.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cable and the Internet give you so many more options of viewing different news sources around the world. IMO.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now all press are the Ministry of Truth.
It's a fair point, @davidvel - and I'm suspecting we have passed the point where an effective and honest media outlet can successfully exist in this environment.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I thought of this thread this morning when CNN wouldn't come up on our TV. Small TVs/small cable box -- no issue. But on the large TVs/large cable box set ups, no CNN. Channels above and below come in, all other stations I checked were available, but black screens for CNN. Some sort of conspiracy for sure!

dannybaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I call them fairy tale news networks. Whatever fairy ‍♀️ tale you want change the channel. Each will tell you a different story.
We actually enjoy the local news when we travel.

dannybaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that, we’re in Panama City Beach and first up is usually a murder on the news.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My stepdad cannot get Fox News on his Dish basic package. He watches CNN and MSNBC only now. The cable companies do strange things with their packages.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yeah, it is always great to see all the crimes being committed in the places you love to travel to.o_O

back when only antennas existed - the GTA / Toronto area watched a lot more Buffalo TV.
The Buffalo news always seemed to lead with a house fire.

Some in Toronto thought that if they didn’t have one that day the Buffalo news went and “found one” .
There was somewhat of a reason - Buffalo’s boom housing years were when Northern Michigan was logged
for building - so even in the 1970’s there were lots of 70 year old wooden houses with knob & tube wiring.

Toronto is much more of a brick city.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We actually enjoy the local news when we travel.

We do that as well, i like to see what's important or at least considered newsworthy in different areas..

Part of what i really enjoy about travel is that it exposes me to different sights, things and ideas..

Yeah, it is always great to see all the crimes being committed in the places you love to travel to.o_O

Yes thats very true as well. But it also very easy as a traveler to only see the positives when there are always problems in every area

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I love to watch this local weather guy in the USVI... He always has the parrot :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 10