• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Club fee for new reservations

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Only 9 months out is allowed or through early January.
It looked like it opened the calendar through March for me at HCNY where I own. However, I must admit I didn't try to book as I was looking for later in 2021.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I also made 3 placeholder bookings: 1/5-1/8 studios in Orlando.
Hopefully, I'll figure out what to do with 'em before then.

Now I need to do something with my 2020 points.
I can use 'em now that my other travel plans went up in flames.
BTW, auto-save still says $85, even though it "expired" 3/31.

Last edited:

mogulman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just make a 3 day booking in January (a checkout day January 8th is at the 276 day mark for today) and move it later.
Right... move it later.. but as I understand the rules... the cancellation or move needs to occur a minimum of 30 days before reservation date or you lose 50% of the points used... (15 days or less, forfeiture of 100% of the points occur)... Agreed?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Right... move it later.. but as I understand the rules... the cancellation or move needs to occur a minimum of 30 days before reservation date or you lose 50% of the points used... (15 days or less, forfeiture of 100% of the points occur)... Agreed?

If the change uses more points or you move 'em MT 30 days out first, then no penalty.
You almost have to. However, I put a reminder on my calendar for 12/5, just in case.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

I’m not sure I agree. As long as you change it to a reservation that is the same or more points, I believe at any time before your reservation starts, you can move your reservation out past 30 days and cancel to save all of your points. I’ve never done this, but I believe that’s how it works. It’s why we never purchase the points insurance. The only time you can’t do that is if your reservation is at the end of the year as you can’t transfer from year to year.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I’m not sure I agree. As long as you change it to a reservation that is the same or more points, I believe at any time before your reservation starts, you can move your reservation out past 30 days and cancel to save all of your points. I’ve never done this, but I believe that’s how it works. It’s why we never purchase the points insurance. The only time you can’t do that is if your reservation is at the end of the year as you can’t transfer from year to year.
That is exactly how it works. I too have never purchased the points insurance because of this.

Kurt

mogulman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I’m not an expert... I did find on page 7 of the 2020 reference guide the “clause” you describe. It is under the heading “changes to reservations” In my previous post, it was under the heading “cancellation of a resort reservation “. I plan on calling HGVC` reservations and getting an official interpretation. Perhaps we are both right, depends if you are changing or canceling..

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The changeable reservation option has been used within the 30 day window for 10+ years (see 2009 thread below).;)

2009 Thread - https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/open-season.97378/

However to be on the safe side, I always make changes before the 30 day window. You never know.. things could possibly change during a system upgrade.

mogulman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The changeable reservation option has been used within the 30 day window for 10+ years (see 2009 thread below).;)

2009 Thread - https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/open-season.97378/

However to be on the safe side, I always make changes before the 30 day window. You never know.. things could possibly change during a system upgrade.
Thanks. Details, not really a personal strength. I appreciate the reply and understanding.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The changeable reservation option has been used within the 30 day window for 10+ years...

It's well known workaround. In fact, CSR's have suggested it according to posters.
Two years ago, with LT 15 days to go, I moved a booking 35 days later to December.
I then moved it back with fewer days. The points saved were used for a 2nd booking.

----------------------------------------
BTW, I just booked Sunrise Lodge (Park City) for the week of December 13th.
But for that, I took the point protection, as the move-option would be limited.

Last edited:

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
You make a good point. Perhaps I should call guest services and ask if bHC owners who paid for free reservations will get a refund on the $120 fee.

I tried getting my recent $69 back via phone - they said no. How did you make out? I tried to email instead to see if they will that via that route? I just happened to book Miami Beach on March 20 for August.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
they have taken Craigendarroch lodges out of online bookings why are they doing this