• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No check bag fees! And free luggage!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, Here's the deal. Pay this outfit $20 a year and they send you a new 2 piece hard shell luggage set (21" and expandable 24") wrapped with advertising. You don't get to choose which company's ad you get, but it might be an airline, retailer, movie license character, and each time you travel (up to 6 X a year), they send you a $50 gift card only applicable to check bag fees at the airline counter.

http://oriontraveltech.com/index.html

I think I'll go for it. Starts in February for the first 1 million applicants.

Jim

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, Here's the deal. Pay this outfit $20 a year and they send you a new 2 piece hard shell luggage set (21" and expandable 24") wrapped with advertising. You don't get to choose which company's ad you get, but it might be an airline, retailer, movie license character, and each time you travel (up to 6 X a year), they send you a $50 gift card only applicable to check bag fees at the airline counter.

http://oriontraveltech.com/index.html

I think I'll go for it. Starts in February for the first 1 million applicants.

Jim

I'm Intrigued !! Wonder if open to Canadians!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
this is intriguing I wonder how many have already signed up

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
this is amazing we are going to sign up. thanks

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Signed up. Wonder how long this will last? Even if they go under, I still will have two pieces of luggage. I didn't see the $20 fee anywhere on the site but I suppose it comes later.

Cheers

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Me too! But Southwest doesn't fly internationally. Does this include international travel?

Or travel entirely in Europe, for example?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too! But Southwest doesn't fly internationally. Does this include international travel?

Or travel entirely in Europe, for example?

You're still free to use the free luggage, and if there is no luggage charge, it's still free, isn't it? I don't understand the problem. So you can't cash the gift card for baggage fees if there isn't any. So what? Free is free.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
You're still free to use the free luggage, and if there is no luggage charge, it's still free, isn't it? I don't understand the problem. So you can't cash the gift card for baggage fees if there isn't any. So what? Free is free.

Agree! I get free bags because of status on American but my traveling companion doesn't. If she come along, I will check her bags free and I still get two pieces of luggage for free for her or the kids to use. With the big logos, they'll be hard to miss at the bag claim mosh pit as well.

Even if they fall apart after a few trips, I haven't lost anything. ;)

Cheers

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed up too

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signed up. Wonder how long this will last? Even if they go under, I still will have two pieces of luggage. I didn't see the $20 fee anywhere on the site but I suppose it comes later. ��

Cheers

I signed up too. I did read the "questions & more info" section first, and in there it said that the annual $19.99 fee starts after the first 6 months. I guess we will find out more once the program actually gets off the ground!

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll get tons of advertising emails, but it's not as though I don't already, so I'm giving it a try. If it doesn't get off the ground, I've lost nothing. If it does, I've gained, so why not?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another person who will be enjoy some FREE STUFF ... most likely LIME GREEN in color.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll see how this goes. The webpage had grammatical errors, which says something about their staff. If the company is bust by February, it wasn't a workable model. I hope they have cleared this with all the airlines.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Word has it that the movie ad posters pasted on the side of your bags are "50 Shades of Gray"! :eek:

Anastasia likes it!! :wave:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
DW and I both signed up and got a confirmation email with all the info we
Entered during the signup. Says we will be contacted to make our selections
Shortly. We'll see how long it takes.

Thanks for the info Jim!

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
You don't get to choose which company's ad you get,

I'm out.
There are plenty of companies I wouldn't mind advertising for but I'd want to be able to veto some of them.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm out.
There are plenty of companies I wouldn't mind advertising for but I'd want to be able to veto some of them.

Suit yourself. The website says that in November you'll be shown 10 different graphics from which to choose one. So it looks like you get to 'veto' 9 out of 10.

Y'know, this whole business model is untried, and may not fly at all. But since it's just open to a limited number of applicants, I thought was it wouldn't hurt to turn the TUG family (known travelers) on to it.

If it actually gets off the ground, fine. It will be fun to pick your distinctive luggage off the belt from all the crappy black nylon bags that look like all the others. And to see other people who've signed up. If it turns out to not be a successful business model, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You're not out anything but the time to fill out the application.

Jim

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing can be worse than me carrying around my daughter's Barbie suitcase that says "gorgeous and going places" haha

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hmmmmm…. They want a lot of info:

Email

Phone Number

First Name

Last Name

Middle Initial

DOB (MM/DD/YY)

Nationality

Male

Female

Birthplace

How many family members do you have?
1-3
4-6
7-10
10+

What is the age of your siblings?

How many pieces of luggage do you normally travel with?
1-3
4-6
7-10
10+

How many vacations do you get each year from your company?
1-3
4-6
7-10
10+

Top 5 bucket list travel destinations

What is your favorite destination?

If you had a choice, would you vacation in a time share, hotel, or vacation rental?
TimeShare
Hotel
Vacation Rental
No Preference

What is your favorite airline?

What is your favorite bus company?

What is your favorite cruise line?

What is your favorite color?

If you had $1000 given to you today, what would you spend it on?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This could be useful:

Orion TT’s luggage will feature a GPS tracking device and on board alert system that will contact the owners through our phone app when their luggage has been opened and tampered with.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I was surprised by some of the questions but there was nothing I had a problem
Answering.i don't know if a tracking devise will be useful.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised by some of the questions but there was nothing I had a problem answering.

That's how I felt. Like color preference, and whether your preferred lodging is hotel or timeshare. Now, DOB- you can put anything there and gender- who cares. I didn't find any troubling questions that there wasn't a workaround. Not like they're asking for a SSN or bank account number.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that many of the odd questions probably pertained to some targeted marketing junk mail that I will now be receiving......