• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Bonus HH points for paying MF through Citi reserve card

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid the 2017 MF online using Citi reserve card hoping to get 10 HH points /$, but just got 3 points per $. So no more 10 points?

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have paid the MF with AMEX HiltonHHonors card for a number of years now and have always received the full 12 points per dollar when paying the maintenance fee.

Unless this is something new for 2016, you should have received the full amount of points. I just paid mine moments ago, so I hope I'm not going to just get 3 points from the AMEX card.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
That is the difference between the Amex and the citi

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid the 2017 MF online using Citi reserve card hoping to get 10 HH points /$, but just got 3 points per $. So no more 10 points?

This was the line item in the CC Statement:

HGV LV BLVD VAC HOA LAS VEGAS NV

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I wonder if this is because the separation from Hilton causes it to be coded differently? Unless someone has successfully done otherwise, I will test a small amount with my AMEX HHonors before committing the full amount. If it doesn't give 12x, will put maintenance on my DH Chase Reserve. Better to get 3x rewards points worth 3000 United or Hyatt points than 3000 HHonors pesos.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I wonder if this is because the separation from Hilton causes it to be coded differently?

They are still part of the Hilton, the spin-off is not completed yet.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That is the difference between the Amex and the citi

Although the Citi HH was great for the 2 free nights upon sign-up, we decided to discontinue this card when the annual fee is due. We calculate that annual 'free' room costs about $195 which is th $95 annual fee plus the $10,000 spend required that forgoes 1% that we could earn with other 2% cards such as Fidelity, Barclays or Sapphire. This card offers few other benefits unlike the HHonors AMEX which has more than paid for itself with about $1000+ a year we've saved in AMEX offers (including $200 credit with a Hilton Hawaiian deal earlier this year) and get 12x HHonors. The only other benefit of the Citi HH card was you could pay for Hilton internationally with no FX fees, however we can now achieve this with the Sapphire reserve card at 3x or Barclays at 2% cash.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I wonder if this is because the separation from Hilton causes it to be coded differently?

They are still part of the Hilton, the spin-off is not completed yet.

Even when they separate from Hilton Worldwide they will still be called the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and I would assume they would still be listed on Hilton.com to market units that they can fill and get monetary benefits from the proceeds from outside of the club reservation system.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone who has paid with Amex confirm how it was treated this year...

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

After complaining CITI, I got this mail:

November 24, 2016
Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Team.
hgv lv blvd vac hoa didn't submit the $1,438.75 charge as a property in the Hilton HHonorsTM Portfolio and we're unable to verify that it was a Hilton HHonors property. Please send us a copy of the receipt showing the charge was made at a Hilton HHonors Family property.
If you have any questions or are in need of further assistance, please call us at 1-888-856-4255. If you are outside the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, you may call us collect at 1-605-335-2222. Our telecommunication number for our hearing impaired customers is 1-800-325-2865.

Did anyone get bonus points for paying MF for LV strip location using CITI or AMEX this year?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Is there a simple way to determine if you received the 12x on HH Amex? The Sapphire Reserve recognized it right away because we instantly saw the travel credit on our online account.

Natrajanv: That sucks. I would hang up and call again (HUCA) before I would jump through those hoops.

thare

Reaction score
Just closed 3 weeks ago, and don't see my fees billed for 2017. When do they post so that I can pay them online?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is there a simple way to determine if you received the 12x on HH Amex? The Sapphire Reserve recognized it right away because we instantly saw the travel credit on our online account.

The only way i know is to check the monthly Amex statement, it breaks out how many points you earned from each category.. Its a bit imprecise if you have multiple charges from Hilton affiliated companies.. Usually what you want to see on the amex bill is the line item classified as "lodging" with a check-in and Check-out date. For reservation fees and MF payments i usually see the check-in and check-out dates as the payment date.

Just closed 3 weeks ago, and don't see my fees billed for 2017. When do they post so that I can pay them online?

That will vary by resort. I purchased late in the year one time, and mine did not show online until late Jan or Feb.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Last year I received the Bonus Points for paying the maintenance fees with the HH Amex Credit Card. However, it was coded as HGVC. I haven't paid my maintenance yet, however, I went on the new web site and, I could be wrong, but it looks like you are now paying the Homeowners Association instead of HGVC. If that is the case then you wouldn't be eligible for bonus points.

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
I've paid my $1,213.12 Tuscany 7000 point platinum maintenance fee/club dues on my American Express Surpass card, and got my 12x bonus points on my statement.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've paid my $1,213.12 Tuscany 7000 point platinum maintenance fee/club dues on my American Express Surpass card, and got my 12x bonus points on my statement.
That is great. Then perhaps the HGVClub Las Vegas Boulevard Coded it wrong so that is why the bonus points didn't get credited. Do you know how the Tuscany Resort coded the charge?

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
It showed up as :
HILTON TUSCANY ST HOA HILTON TUSCANY - ORLANDO, FL

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well this post certainly says Hilton and shouldn't have a problem realizing it as a Hilton charge

While us HGVC TUGGERS would certainly recognize this as a Hilton, perhaps it wasn't recognized by AMEX.

I am going to look into this further with AMEX.

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well this post certainly says Hilton and shouldn't have a problem realizing it as a Hilton charge

While us HGVC TUGGERS would certainly recognize this as a Hilton, perhaps it wasn't recognized by AMEX.

So, Citi does not credit as a Hilton charge?? Has anyone been successful? I really don't like the card, too many hassles. I have spent many hours trying to just get my points credited to my HHonors account. I was hoping the MF charge would be Hilton based.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I just got off the phone with Hilton Amex. They go by a code that each type of charge has. Restaurants, Supermarkets, Gas Stations charges coded as such get 3 Bonus Points and Hilton charges coded as such get 9 Bonus Points. As long as the HGVC property codes it as a Hilton Property you get the 9 Bonus Points. I asked about HGVC Properties and they responded that they are considered Hilton Properties.

As far as the Citi Card: I do not have that card so I can't check on those rules. However, after my conversation with Amex I don't think that you should have to send a receipt or other proof of purchase or proof of a property being a Hilton Property. If Citi gives 10 points per dollar for Hilton expenditure they probably have a code like Amex does and if that is placed on the charge you get the points.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Hilton Amex. They go by a code that each type of charge has. Restaurants, Supermarkets, Gas Stations charges coded as such get 3 Bonus Points and Hilton charges coded as such get 9 Bonus Points. As long as the HGVC property codes it as a Hilton Property you get the 9 Bonus Points. I asked about HGVC Properties and they responded that they are considered Hilton Properties.

As far as the Citi Card: I do not have that card so I can't check on those rules. However, after my conversation with Amex I don't think that you should have to send a receipt or other proof of purchase or proof of a property being a Hilton Property. If Citi gives 10 points per dollar for Hilton expenditure they probably have a code like Amex does and if that is placed on the charge you get the points.

So, did anyone get bonus HH points with AMEX, for paying MF associated with LV Blvd property? Just trying to see whether AMEX treated it differently.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, did anyone get bonus HH points with AMEX, for paying MF associated with LV Blvd property? Just trying to see whether AMEX treated it differently.

I don't own at LV Blvd any longer, but when i did i used my Amex and received the Hilton bonus points.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I won at LV Boulevard but I won't be paying my maintenance fees until after January 1.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

To help with this Thread, did you pay your maintenance fees in prior years using the Citi Reserve Card and received 10 HH Points?