• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No availability at 12 months out

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Great, good thing we "upgraded" our S/O's @ WLR to Westin Aventuras. I guess I need to just forget about that and be happy we were able to requalify 2 resales with that "upgrade".
Yes, I think you need to forget and move on from that. Sadly, I don't find "upgrading" from a WLR week to Aventuras to be advantageous in any way. It certainly isn't an upgrade in the traditional sense of the word. I don't know if you are saving some on maintenance fees per point, but in the end, owning a week where you have rights to book a week almost always wins out over points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We’ve actually had good look booking in Aventuras. We’ve booked a Thanksgiving week at Lagunamar and just recently booked New Years ‘23-‘24 at the Westin Resort & Spa so Cancún inventory does exist.
Is there still availability now at Lagunamar during Thanksgiving? Just curious if it is a must book at 12 months or if the inventory lingers? Resort & Spa is a little different as I think all timeshare units there are in Aventuras and, well, it is Resort & Spa. Not nearly as desirable as Lagunamar. That said, we plan to spend two nights there this May after 10 nights at Lagunamar.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Is there still availability now at Lagunamar during Thanksgiving? Just curious if it is a must book at 12 months or if the inventory lingers? Resort & Spa is a little different as I think all timeshare units there are in Aventuras and, well, it is Resort & Spa. Not nearly as desirable as Lagunamar. That said, we plan to spend two nights there this May after 10 nights at Lagunamar.
@dioxide45 I don’t think it’s technically in the Aventuras trust but on the outside looking in. I know it was supposed to be added but I don’t believe it has. Don’t know the status of that. It’s certainly not Lagunamar, but we have had some very good stays there. The staff does a good job and there are quite a few activities. Easy access to bus and rest of hotel zone.

There does show inventory now for Thanksgiving using HomeOptions.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Westin Aventuras. I could see plenty of Los Cabos as far out as Jan 2024.

Even then, VSE has always preached your home resort (or group, with Flex and Aventuras) has reservations for "home resort owners only" from 12 months until 8 months out.
I think with Aventuras you need to be online at 12 months exactly, to the second.
You should have better luck at 8 months but then all buckets of inventory are combined so it defeats the purpose of buying to get the 12 month access.

Pnjbibomb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Svv and Westin lagunamar
I was able to book christmas week and new years week at Lagunamar with Aventuras in a 2 bedroom. 12 months out wasnt available probably because everyone else was trying too. But after a few days there was availability .
At 12 months out I was able to book my 1bedroom deeded for christmas week. No issues

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
@dioxide45 I don’t think it’s technically in the Aventuras trust but on the outside looking in. I know it was supposed to be added but I don’t believe it has. Don’t know the status of that. It’s certainly not Lagunamar, but we have had some very good stays there. The staff does a good job and there are quite a few activities. Easy access to bus and rest of hotel zone.

There does show inventory now for Thanksgiving using HomeOptions.
Good think to point out, you are right. I just didn't want to explain the nuance in the context of my post. So we really don't know the status of Cancun Resort & Spa. It is available for Aventuras to book at 12 months, just like other Aventuras inventory, but it isn't actually in the trust/corp (whatever they use for Aventuras). Could they choose to never add it and later stop allowing Aventuras owners to book? They sold off Puerto Vallarta and don't seem to be committed to any properties where they hold undeveloped land.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I've been searching WKORVN for 2024 last few days. It is never available. It never happened before the Abound. I hope it is just IT issue and will get fix, not Marriott tries to screw Vistana deed owners.

LahainaMoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
I've been searching WKORVN for 2024 last few days. It is never available. It never happened before the Abound. I hope it is just IT issue and will get fix, not Marriott tries to screw Vistana deed owners.
We were able to see availability one year out at WKORVN last weekend. We booked what we needed within minutes after 9 am Eastern.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were able to see availability one year out at WKORVN last weekend. We booked what we needed within minutes after 9 am Eastern.
Before the Abound launch, the availability was always there days or weeks after 12 months for January or February weeks. Now everything is gone in few minutes or seconds. It’s really wtf now with Abound.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Before the Abound launch, the availability was always there days or weeks after 12 months for January or February weeks. Now everything is gone in few minutes or seconds. It’s really wtf now with Abound." demand.
So a fair question would be is the developer taking Vistana developer owned units and moving them to Abound to "anticipate" demand? I guess if the developer owns the weeks they technically can do that, reducing 12 month availability in VSN.

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
This is interesting. I also have Aventuras. I’ve always seen availability for Lagunamar throughout the year for 1 bed or studio. Last year when trying to book Cabo I couldn’t see any availability 1 day past 8 months and I checked multiple dates. I guess I should be happy I could book something at 8 months but I was trying to use some banked options and it just didn’t work. And that was before Abound. Now someone is saying they see a lot of availability for Cabo. Just seems like no rhyme or reason for how units are being made available.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Before the Abound launch, the availability was always there days or weeks after 12 months for January or February weeks. Now everything is gone in few minutes or seconds. It’s really wtf now with Abound.
You have me worried about booking my 2024 weeks at Westin South. Are you not able to book your deeded view?

Last edited:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have me worried about booking my 2024 weeks at Westin South Towers. Are you not able to book your deeded view?
No. I can't book my North OF view at 12 months. It looks like I have to login at 9pm to book in seconds. It never happened before, my deeded week was always available weeks later after 12 months. Probably not July weeks, but Jan or Feb week was be available since I bought 6-7 years ago. Not anymore.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So a fair question would be is the developer taking Vistana developer owned units and moving them to Abound to "anticipate" demand? I guess if the developer owns the weeks they technically can do that, reducing 12 month availability in VSN.
But they can't anticipate my deeded week demand for January week? This is ridiculus. They are favoring Abound at expense of deeded owners, it looks like.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But they can't anticipate my deeded week demand for January week? This is ridiculus. They are favoring Abound at expense of deeded owners, it looks like.
I seems to be so? Didn't they say they could shift inventory to Abound to "anticipate demand?" I suppose the developer can do whatever it wants with developer owned weeks?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I seems to be so? Didn't they say they could shift inventory to Abound to "anticipate demand?" I suppose the developer can do whatever it wants with developer owned weeks?
Marriott can do whatever they want, no need to repeat what we already know. I'm just calling it out this is at expense of existing deeded owners, now I can't book at 12 months as the consequence.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott can do whatever they want, no need to repeat what we already know. I'm just calling it out this is at expense of existing deeded owners, now I can't book at 12 months as the consequence.
Are you surprised? MVC has to sell and make Abound work since they aren't developing new resorts. Timeshares developers are all about making what's old obsolete to bring owners back to the well and force the hand to buy more. This isn't unique to MVC. I'm sure there will be vulnerable weeks owners who will succumb to sales pressure and buy into Abound. Hopefully we don't hear more stories of weeks owners unable to book ownership at 12 months out.

Last edited:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hopefully we don't hear more stories of weeks owners unable to book ownership at 12 months out.
This thread is about unable to book at 12 months. That's why I replied and shared my experience in this thread. I also expect constructive replies from tuggers how we can solve the issues.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is about unable to book at 12 months. That's why I replied and shared my experience in this thread. I also expect constructive replies from tuggers how we can solve the issues.
Desert Willow owners- unable to book at 12 months. “ Not available at this time”.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Willow owners- unable to book at 12 months. “ Not available at this time”.
WDW was always available at 2 months or less before. I've booked WDW multiple times just a month before check in date. I think definitely something is wrong with Vistana inventory.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The developer owns weeks like every other owner, in the Vistana system it does not have any special rights. According to the VSN rules there is a process to book, deposit, transfer, rent etc and they should use the same tools and methods like every other owner.

Before Abound, didn't Marriott owners tell me not to worry ? (2010 LOL!) Of course the writing was on the wall, the Abound rules made it abundantly clear what their intentions were. As far as I am concerned the only rule that protects us is to strictly enforce the home resort reservation period rule and not let any exchangers in during that time. Owners have to decide whether they care about their home resort priority or if they want to let Marriott do whatever it wants with the inventory in the name of a perceived flexibility that Abound may offer (at a very high cost).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
You have me worried about booking my 2024 weeks at Westin South Towers. Are you not able to book your deeded view?

No. I can't book my North OF view at 12 months. It looks like I have to login at 9pm to book in seconds. It never happened before, my deeded week was always available weeks later after 12 months. Probably not July weeks, but Jan or Feb week was be available since I bought 6-7 years ago. Not anymore.

As a point of comparison I just checked and I see full availability for all of January 2024 for WKORVN IV 2BR units. I guess it pays to be cheap :)

PS I'm looking forward to seeing those new towers at the South building ;)

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
I think it's always been a 14 night max during the 12 to 8 month home resort priority where you are using home options and then at 8 months it goes to 21 night max when everything opens up to VSN reservations made with star options.
We just booked 3 consecutive weeks at WKORV-N, our home resort, for the 3rd year in a row.

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
We had absolutely no problem this year nor the last two years booking 3 consecutive weeks at our home resort, WKORV-N, at exactly 12 months out. I’m thinking it’s an IT rather than an availability issue, despite my lack of faith with Marriott.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had absolutely no problem this year nor the last two years booking 3 consecutive weeks at our home resort, WKORV-N, at exactly 12 months out. I’m thinking it’s an IT rather than an availability issue, despite my lack of faith with Marriott.
Which week and when did you book? What view? I’m talking with Owner solution right now, your input will help a lot. Thanks.