• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No availability at 12 months out

Westnick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night I tried to reserve my home Resort wkorvn at midnight and all day today. 12 months out. No availability. Called vistiana and they had no clue they said keep trying. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.

CaliJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
SVV
WKORV
WKORV-OF
WLR
Folks have reported this for other Vistana resorts too. Probably a glitch in the system. For eg, @Markus had a similar issue at WLR but was able to finally get a booking. Maybe he/others can share some insights. Hope you get this resolved soon.

jasonb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Data point…

Same issues booking my 2024 Home Resort usage at WKORV last night and again tonight. Both times, no availability.

Check in January 5/6/7 should be week 1. I find it hard to believe this is not some sort of IT issue. But two nights in a row? You’d think they would have noticed that 0 bookings came in last night and fixed it today?

I highly suspect that they are struggling with the math and programming the turn of the calendar.

It’s just disappointing that we will lose our chance to book these weeks at exactly 12 months out.

Oh well, see you on the second floor behind the restaurant next year!

psfcfa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, Four Seasons Aviara
In Maui now, and same experience. Called Vistana at 4am (!) and told it's an IT issue...give them 72 hours or so.
Maybe I'll move 2024 plans to next week rather than risk that restaurant assignment!

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Data point…

Same issues booking my 2024 Home Resort usage at WKORV last night and again tonight. Both times, no availability.

Check in January 5/6/7 should be week 1. I find it hard to believe this is not some sort of IT issue. But two nights in a row? You’d think they would have noticed that 0 bookings came in last night and fixed it today?

I highly suspect that they are struggling with the math and programming the turn of the calendar.

It’s just disappointing that we will lose our chance to book these weeks at exactly 12 months out.

Oh well, see you on the second floor behind the restaurant next year!
@SueDonJ

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We have to stop meeting like this. ;)

Seriously, please stop tagging me to try to prove whatever point it is you're trying to prove about Vistana availability anywhere. I don't own Vistana. I don't have access to Vistana governing docs and whatever little knowledge I have of Vistana is from the good people on TUG who are educating me, and I'm the first to say that my retained Vistana info couldn't be any more basic than it is.

When Abound became a thing for Vistana owners/members I started participating in the forum to provide some compare/contrast direction based on how Abound (formerly Destination Club) has worked over the last ten years for Marriott owners/members. Looking to me for any other Vistana expertise is like looking to Larry Bird for batting tips - it'd be a waste of time and would probably just piss him off.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to me for any other Vistana expertise is like looking to Larry Bird for batting tips - it'd be a waste of time and would probably just piss him off.
I think that his intent is not to ask for your expertise, it's just to rattle your cage for the sake of being annoying to you.

jasonb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok can we get this back on track?

I also called at 4am (!) this morning from Hawaii.

The first agent told me the standard answer that there was just nothing available, others had beat me to it

In my owners update yesterday the closer told me to call and ask for RESOLUTION SERVICES so that is what I did next. They also gave me the standard line and a keep trying.

Only when I pushed harder did she actually open my account and look. Her tone changed after my second time being place on hold. She asked me to wait 48-72 hours while she looked into this with the inventory department.

So, I guess we wait.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI - zero availability in Abound for any Vistana resort in January (or February) 2024 (I know this was about Vistana home resort booking, but given the fears all inventory would go to Abound wanted to post that nothing showing up as of today for 12 or 13 months out).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We have to stop meeting like this. ;)

Seriously, please stop tagging me to try to prove whatever point it is you're trying to prove about Vistana availability anywhere. I don't own Vistana. I don't have access to Vistana governing docs and whatever little knowledge I have of Vistana is from the good people on TUG who are educating me, and I'm the first to say that my retained Vistana info couldn't be any more basic than it is.

When Abound became a thing for Vistana owners/members I started participating in the forum to provide some compare/contrast direction based on how Abound (formerly Destination Club) has worked over the last ten years for Marriott owners/members. Looking to me for any other Vistana expertise is like looking to Larry Bird for batting tips - it'd be a waste of time and would probably just piss him off.
But you own Marriott and are very familiar with Marriott and how they work inventory. I was told at my last owners update that the inventory for Vistana Network, Abound, Legacy weeks, and all Trust inventory is being handled by one consolidated team in Utah now.

Do you think they may be releasing vistana inventory the same way they release Marriott inventory? Typically with vistana it was midnight the day you wanted to check in. I understand this is not the same way Marriott releases inventory. If they are changing the way inventory is released, then they are changing the way people make their home resort reservations. Of course All of this could just be typical Marriott IT woes. A point in the right direction on inventory release dates/times and abound booking strategies would be welcomed.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Looking to me for any other Vistana expertise is like looking to Larry Bird for batting tips - it'd be a waste of time and would probably just piss him off.

Actually, from what I've read, Larry Bird had a .500 average, so I think he'd probably get a good laugh out of it if anyone asked him for batting tips.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
But you own Marriott and are very familiar with Marriott and how they work inventory. I was told at my last owners update that the inventory for Vistana Network, Abound, Legacy weeks, and all Trust inventory is being handled by one consolidated team in Utah now.

Do you think they may be releasing vistana inventory the same way they release Marriott inventory? Typically with vistana it was midnight the day you wanted to check in. I understand this is not the same way Marriott releases inventory. If they are changing the way inventory is released, then they are changing the way people make their home resort reservations. Of course All of this could just be typical Marriott IT woes. A point in the right direction on inventory release dates/times and abound booking strategies would be welcomed.
Some direction from the FAQ linked in my signature:

>>~~ Reservation Windows ~~
**Note that the Reservation Window openings for the separate Points and Weeks Marriott systems do not fall on the same days/dates! To determine the Reservation Window openings for your desired DC Points stays, whether using purchased DC Trust Points or DC Exchange Points from enrolled/elected Weeks, sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account and navigate through these prompts:
--> click on "USE POINTS" on the top line
--> click on "When Can I Reserve?" in the menu under "Plan"
--> input your desired check-in date and all Reservation Window openings will be populated

*Note that regardless of whether a DC Points stay is consecutive/concurrent to another, each different check-in date to a consecutive different resort/unit size/unit view stay, and each individual unit of a concurrent multi-unit stay, counts as a separate reservation subject to its own Reservation Windows. In other words, the DC does not offer the same booking advantage as is in the Weeks system, in which multi-Weeks can be booked consecutively/concurrently across multiple resorts/unit types/unit views using the Weeks 13-month Reservation Window.

*Note as with the MVCI Weeks system, available DC Points inventory is officially released at 9:00AM Eastern Standard Time on the Release Day. However, several TUGgers have reported that when using the owners.marriottvacationclub.com DC Points online booking tool, they have occasionally seen and been able to book intervals earlier, shortly after midnight on the Release Day. It is recommended that you check for the possibility. ...<<

A couple notes (which will be incorporated when I do some much-needed FAQ housekeeping beginning next week):

DC = Destination Club = the former name of what is now named Abound.

The above applies to Marriott owners/members using purchased Abound Trust Points and/or Abound Exchange Points from enrolled/elected Marriott Weeks. I would guess that if the website interface for Vistana owners/members is the same as for Marriott owners/members, which I gather it's at least very similar from what I read here, then similar rules should be in play and the same or similar links should be available to you. Whether they are or not, though, I would say that the best way you all can learn your basics is through experience using Abound, the same way we Marriott people had to learn. Don't take for granted that the rules we live by are the same for you. :)

[ETA] What is it, an hour later and I just learned that the info in the FAQ is outdated because Marriott is disabling some links. GRRRRRRRR. Check out this post for the working directions.

Last edited:

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
The above applies to Marriott owners/members using purchased Abound Trust Points and/or Abound Exchange Points from enrolled/elected Marriott Weeks. I would guess that if the website interface for Vistana owners/members is the same as for Marriott owners/members, which I gather it's at least very similar from what I read here, then similar rules should be in play and the same or similar links should be available to you. Whether they are or not, though, I would say that the best way you all can learn your basics is through experience using Abound, the same way we Marriott people had to learn. Don't take for granted that the rules we live by are the same for you. :)

[ETA] What is it, an hour later and I just learned that the info in the FAQ is outdated because Marriott is disabling some links. GRRRRRRRR. Check out this post for the working directions.
The website interface for Vistana members using Abound appears to be based on the same platform, with several menu's and options stripped out. I think they attempted to whittle down what we see through the "Vistana Abound Portal" (for lack of a better term) to only those parts of the MVC website relevant to us. In the process though, I think they stripped out some of the more useful FAQ type resources. See below two secreenshots showing the only menus available in the "Vistana Abound Portal". You'll see that we are dropped directly into the "Book with Points" search and have very few other resources/options.

Screenshot 2023-01-07 095126.png

Screenshot 2023-01-07 095054.png

However, as regards Reservation Windows there is a separate "Club Points Reservation Windows" link on the Vistana Dashboard for this which then deep links over to the same calendar calculator on the MVC side. See below a screenshot of the link (which then opens the MVC "When can I reserve" page in a new tab/window).

1673082027136.png

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
No 1BR availability 12 months out at Westin Lagunamar for Aventuras owners. Lots of studio availability.
The booking page also says we can no longer book 21-night stays. It's now 14-nights max.
Doesn't matter much if there is no availability, I guess.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
No 1BR availability 12 months out at Westin Lagunamar for Aventuras owners. Lots of studio availability.
The booking page also says we can no longer book 21-night stays. It's now 14-nights max.
Doesn't matter much if there is no availability, I guess.
I think it's always been a 14 night max during the 12 to 8 month home resort priority where you are using home options and then at 8 months it goes to 21 night max when everything opens up to VSN reservations made with star options.

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still nothing available at WLR, only Studios after 8 months out? Was told Marriott owners can reserve 13 months out, so that is probably why there is nothing available. Or VSE owners booked it out using the 12 month booking window. Looking for October 2023 - off season and it's booked out? I see a inventory at Westin Resort in Cancun, and plenty of other locations. They pushed me to convert to Club Points, but then they looked and nothing available using Club Points either. I have a hard time believing WLR is booked out for all of Oct 2023.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Still nothing available at WLR, only Studios after 8 months out? Was told Marriott owners can reserve 13 months out, so that is probably why there is nothing available. Or VSE owners booked it out using the 12 month booking window. Looking for October 2023 - off season and it's booked out? I see a inventory at Westin Resort in Cancun, and plenty of other locations. They pushed me to convert to Club Points, but then they looked and nothing available using Club Points either. I have a hard time believing WLR is booked out for all of Oct 2023.
Do you own a week at WLR or are you using Westin Aventuras?

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you own a week at WLR or are you using Westin Aventuras?
We own Westin Aventuras. I could see plenty of Los Cabos as far out as Jan 2024.
That's definitely not true. They can only book 12 months out and only if WLR owners have elected their weeks for abound
Even then, VSE has always preached your home resort (or group, with Flex and Aventuras) has reservations for "home resort owners only" from 12 months until 8 months out.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We own Westin Aventuras. I could see plenty of Los Cabos as far out as Jan 2024.
I think the issue here is just the limited inventory in Aventuras at Lagunamar. I read something like 25% of the resort is in Aventuras. But realize also that most of the Aventuras sold is probably from inventory conveyed at Los Cabos, which 100% of is in Aventuras. So you have a lot of people trying to book limited inventory.

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the issue here is just the limited inventory in Aventuras at Lagunamar. I read something like 25% of the resort is in Aventuras. But realize also that most of the Aventuras sold is probably from inventory conveyed at Los Cabos, which 100% of is in Aventuras. So you have a lot of people trying to book limited inventory.
Great, good thing we "upgraded" our S/O's @ WLR to Westin Aventuras. I guess I need to just forget about that and be happy we were able to requalify 2 resales with that "upgrade".

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
We’ve actually had good look booking in Aventuras. We’ve booked a Thanksgiving week at Lagunamar and just recently booked New Years ‘23-‘24 at the Westin Resort & Spa so Cancún inventory does exist.