• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No availability 12 monts out at Oceana Palms

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very bizzare that there would not be a single week available. The gold calendar opens in may to September and never had I have any issues booking low season even at 10 monts or closer. Now nothing. Wondering if any other week owners had issues confirming a week for 2021.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just reserved 2 weeks at Ocean Pointe last half of May 2021.

I was surprised as the entire month was still available at Ocean Pointe. Strange cause it's just down the block? :shrug:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very bizzare that there would not be a single week available. The gold calendar opens in may to September and never had I have any issues booking low season even at 10 monts or closer. Now nothing. Wondering if any other week owners had issues confirming a week for 2021.
Every single night is available for June, July and August on the points side. Different inventory but seems weird there would be nothing at this time. Is the time you're looking at within the 12 month window? August won't come online until Wed. You may want to call MVC or even the resort, they may be holding inventory back. Keep checking online, it may show up unexpectedly.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a chat and was told all booked. No effing way! Low season, middle of summer and beginning of hurricane season, impossible for this resort to be booked.
Hoping it is a system glitch and will be fixed in a day or so.
Will report later.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a chat and was told all booked. No effing way! Low season, middle of summer and beginning of hurricane season, impossible for this resort to be booked.
Hoping it is a system glitch and will be fixed in a day or so.
Will report later.
I'd call the resort directly.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
May be a byproduct of CoVid. I suspect a lot of trust points have been pushed from 2020 to 2021, making it so there’s a lot of points to burn. My feelings are things are going to be dicey for the next year or two trying to book what’s always been readily available.

The other option is a situation like what exists at Ocean Pointe. Silver season weeks were given MORE points than it takes to book the extremely low season weeks of that season. Because of this, it’s advantageous to use points instead of weeks to book a low season week. I’ve noticed over the last several years that Silver season very low demand weeks aren’t available to book using the weeks booking engine until closer to 9 or 10 months, then the booking system gets a flood of a inventory.

I’m not certain if that’s how it is at Oceana Palms as they have a different seasons calendar than Ocean Pointe, even though they’re within a couple of miles of each other

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
May be a byproduct of CoVid. I suspect a lot of trust points have been pushed from 2020 to 2021, making it so there’s a lot of points to burn. My feelings are things are going to be dicey for the next year or two trying to book what’s always been readily available.

The other option is a situation like what exists at Ocean Pointe. Silver season weeks were given MORE points than it takes to book the extremely low season weeks of that season. Because of this, it’s advantageous to use points instead of weeks to book a low season week. I’ve noticed over the last several years that Silver season very low demand weeks aren’t available to book using the weeks booking engine until closer to 9 or 10 months, then the booking system gets a flood of a inventory.

I’m not certain if that’s how it is at Oceana Palms as they have a different seasons calendar than Ocean Pointe, even though they’re within a couple of miles of each other
Hmmmm. I was afraid I was sleeping at the wheel for next May, 2021. Certainly was for my teeny tiny bucket of points I let lapse past June 30, 2020. However as mentioned earlier I got my usual 2 week LO in May at Ocean Pointe today for 2021. Typically for I would have done this in May of every year.

Then again this is 2020 and nothing will ever be the same again! :eek: o_O :wall: :shrug:

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
SO another batch of weeks opened up today at 9:00 for early August (12 moth reservation). Just to not be left without a week I went ahead and booked one for August 7. Not my first choice but better than nothing. The calendar was all booked up for all prior weeks from opening of the season in May. I still don't buy it - seems very wrong even considering Covid. Nothing so far form the Advocacy person but I did miss a call from a Resolution Liaison at Owner's Services. TBC...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've experienced this same thing at other resorts. I have no idea the reason but it isn't true that they were all booked up that fast. In my experience every single time when it was highly suspect the weeks opened up later.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Isn’t Oceana Palms mostly Trust-owned weeks?

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne, It is more than 50% trust owned. One whole tower is in the trust and whatever was not sold as weeks from the first tower.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Suzanne, It is more than 50% trust owned. One whole tower is in the trust and whatever was not sold as weeks from the first tower.
And whatever they required in the first tower would also now be in the trust.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Cancelled my Encore package for Oceana Palms this morning for late October into early November...I rebooked the first week of May 2021 and added 2 extra nights to the stay using DC Points....American Airlines waived the exchange fee and gave me a voucher that is good until December 31,2021

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
American has been great to work with throughout the pandemic.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
American has been great to work with throughout the pandemic.
For us, we had flights to the UK booked for August 2020. We were holding out hoping they would either cancel or change the flights enough that we could get a refund vs a $1400 credit. Low and behold, they finally changed our flights to the UK by about four hours. Called them to cancel the flights and filled out the refund request form and they refunded us. We were pleased. It all came down to who blinked first and it just happened to be them.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
For us, we had flights to the UK booked for August 2020. We were holding out hoping they would either cancel or change the flights enough that we could get a refund vs a $1400 credit. Low and behold, they finally changed our flights to the UK by about four hours. Called them to cancel the flights and filled out the refund request form and they refunded us. We were pleased. It all came down to who blinked first and it just happened to be them.
We had a similar situation with Air France. Had 5 tickets to Spain for June 2020. Just waited them out and finally they cancelled and we got a full refund. Took about a month to actually get the refund after making the request... so was a little puckered that they would file for bankruptcy before I got the refund, but it all worked out.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m a travel agent. With the airlines and cruise lines, you do much better if they cancel on you rather than you cancel on them. I had a client last month that insisted on canceling his Nov cruise and lost half of his deposit. He didn’t cancel the air tickets and American finally extended the credit through 2021 so we canceled yesterday.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I’m a travel agent. With the airlines and cruise lines, you do much better if they cancel on you rather than you cancel on them. I had a client last month that insisted on canceling his Nov cruise and lost half of his deposit. He didn’t cancel the air tickets and American finally extended the credit through 2021 so we canceled yesterday.
The big problem is that cruise lines are usually waiting until you are after final payment before they cancel. We made final payments on a December Carnival cruise. I am sure they will cancel it We were a little stuck on it as we had applied FCC from a couple previously cancelled cruises to it so we didn't know how that would work if we cancelled. We hope if they cancel they just issue a whole new FCC from the newest cancelled cruise. Who knows.