• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Aug. 2006 vacation for me!

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge, I am feeling really let down by RCI today. I have had an ongoing search with RCI for Aug. for a year now. I call every couple of weeks to check the status, bacause I never here from them. The guides tell me I have a good chance, because I deposit early, and requested early. I had 22 units listed, and although I knew they were hard trades, I believed I would get a trade. The guides told me over and over, that most people don't deposit until the time between Jan. and March, therefore I have been patient, although I felt it was getting late to get an Aug. unit in the areas of the East coast where I am looking. Just last night I called again. This time the guide told me basically to forget it, and he said a few of the resorts I was looking at haven't deposited any units with RCI in years!!! Why has no other guide told me this, why have I been strung on for months thinking there was a good chance of an exchange? I would have added more resorts to my search if I had been told the truth. Now I probably won't get an exchange, but I have been asked if I would like to rent something. Why would I want to rent, when I have a timeshare to trade? Please let me know what the guides are trained to say to people like me, who follow the right rules ie, deposit early, request ealry. I thanked the guide last night for being honest, he said most people don't want to hear that they won't get a vacation, so I ask you, is that why I kept being led to believe something would come up?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
susgar,

I'm a firm believer in being direct - kind, but direct. It does our members no good to think they're going to get a vacation if they aren't actually going to get one.

If your travel dates are under a year in advance, you should broaden your search after one or two months if there are no matches. More than 75% of searches entered in our system match within 14 days. So, there's a reason if nothing is matching after a couple of months. It could be Trading Power, VEP, or pure lack of supply, or any of the above. Doesn't matter - you still aren't likely to get a match until less than 45 days before travel. If you can wait, fine. But if you can't, then you need to add more locations and/or dates to the search.

It's like fishing with a net instead of a line. You may throw a few back, but you're more likely to get one you can keep!

I am sorry to hear you weren't given the time and attention you deserved, especially having started your search early. If you will send a message to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line, the Communications Team will see what they can do to help.