• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nightmare at Hilton new resort [ Palm Canyon Resort ]

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a solution for this please help how do I get this message over to Hilton. I just finished checking in at the Palm Canyon Resort which has been taken over by Hilton Grand Vacation all the employees there are Hilton Grand Vacation but yet none of them want to take responsibility for the nightmare that they are putting me through.

I booked two weeks there because the previous two weeks I had already booked at the Oasis Resort upon checking in I was told they only had one week reserved. After giving them my confirmation number for the second week they still could not find it. I was then turned over to the supervisor of reservations and he tried to find the reservation and could not find it. I had already confirmed both weeks by the phone approximately a month earlier. Well he assured me that the second week would not be a problem and got me checked in charging me the $230 per week Resort fee for the pool gym and parking.

Well I was all checked in for the one week at least and heading out the door to enjoy a wonderful day in the Sun at the pool only to be told on my way out by another Hilton employee oh by the way if you come down for a meeting tomorrow we can get you $100 cash. Well I didn't really want to go to a hgvc meeting so I said I'll let you know and at that point he informed me well you do know that the pool is completely closed and so are all the hot tubs. My heart sank I didn't know how I was going to tell my wife that we are in the desert for at least another week without any pools or hot tubs.

So I went to the front desk talk to the supervisor again and he informed me that there's really nothing they can do but you can use the hotel that is their sister Resort the Marquee and use their swimming pool that's great we can drive 20 minutes Downtown Palm Springs and jump in the pool and then jump back in the car when we want to go up to our room. Then he claimed they sent me two emails only to find out that they don't even have my email address and that wasn't told to me until I spoke with the general manager.

By the way the resort looks like a construction site with trucks everywhere blocking entrances yellow tape the works. So I explained this to one of the other employees that work with VIP and they inform me oh well the basketball court and the gym is still open I'm like are you serious what am I going to do play basketball instead of laying by the pool with my wife. I expressed my dissatisfaction and contacted GPX whom I booked the reservation through and they inform me there's nothing they could do I need to talk to the resort. When I talk to the resort they tell me I need to talk to GPX.

So every way I turned I got another circle jerk. I was then contacted by the general manager that evening around 5:00 and she informed me there's nothing they can do and technically they're not really a Hilton Resort yet although every employee is HGVC including her and they are now listed as Hilton when you look them up. All these resources and yet they offer nothing no conversation no vouchers nothing other than playing basketball with my wife who by the way has never bounced a basketball in her life. Very frustrating and a very very bad experience if anybody has any advice I am wide open because my frustration level has reached its maximum please help

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Yikes! This is very unfortunate!

In a best case scenario world, what outcome would you say would be good? I ask because, based on your message, it seems like them opening the pool would be what you would like (probably not possible). Other than this, what would need to happen for you to feel this was appropriately resolved?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
If anyone has a solution for this please help how do I get this message over to Hilton. I just finished checking in at the Palm Canyon Resort which has been taken over by Hilton Grand Vacation all the employees there are Hilton Grand Vacation but yet none of them want to take responsibility for the nightmare that they are putting me through. I booked two weeks there because the previous two weeks I had already booked at the Oasis Resort upon checking in I was told they only had one week reserved. After giving them my confirmation number for the second week they still could not find it. I was then turned over to the supervisor of reservations and he tried to find the reservation and could not find it. I had already confirmed both weeks by the phone approximately a month earlier. Well he assured me that the second week would not be a problem and got me checked in charging me the $230 per week Resort fee for the pool gym and parking. Well I was all checked in for the one week at least and heading out the door to enjoy a wonderful day in the Sun at the pool only to be told on my way out by another Hilton employee oh by the way if you come down for a meeting tomorrow we can get you $100 cash. Well I didn't really want to go to a hgvc meeting so I said I'll let you know and at that point he informed me well you do know that the pool is completely closed and so are all the hot tubs. My heart sank I didn't know how I was going to tell my wife that we are in the desert for at least another week without any pools or hot tubs. So I went to the front desk talk to the supervisor again and he informed me that there's really nothing they can do but you can use the hotel that is their sister Resort the Marquee and use their swimming pool that's great we can drive 20 minutes Downtown Palm Springs and jump in the pool and then jump back in the car when we want to go up to our room. Then he claimed they sent me two emails only to find out that they don't even have my email address and that wasn't told to me until I spoke with the general manager. By the way the resort looks like a construction site with trucks everywhere blocking entrances yellow tape the works. So I explained this to one of the other employees that work with VIP and they inform me oh well the basketball court and the gym is still open I'm like are you serious what am I going to do play basketball instead of laying by the pool with my wife. I expressed my dissatisfaction and contacted GPX whom I booked the reservation through and they inform me there's nothing they could do I need to talk to the resort. When I talk to the resort they tell me I need to talk to GPX. So every way I turned I got another circle jerk. I was then contacted by the general manager that evening around 5:00 and she informed me there's nothing they can do and technically they're not really a Hilton Resort yet although every employee is HGVC including her and they are now listed as Hilton when you look them up. All these resources and yet they offer nothing no conversation no vouchers nothing other than playing basketball with my wife who by the way has never bounced a basketball in her life. Very frustrating and a very very bad experience if anybody has any advice I am wide open because my frustration level has reached its maximum please help
Unfortunate. All the construction is to bring it up to brand standards. Always call and ask about construction, especially when there is a brand change. Don’t blame HGVC, GPX doesn’t list this resort as a Hilton. I probably would dispute the resort fee unless they disclosed the construction on their website. Then again this is what people have come to expect from Diamond.

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
They are actually Diamond Resorts and not HGVC. Hilton Grand Vacations bought Diamond Resorts out but most are not up to Hilton standards and are being brought up to them, then they are rebranded to Hilton Vacation Club. This one isn't rebranded yet and will never be in HGVC.

Now, to the other issues. That really stinks. I have never traded through GPX so I am not sure how that works but, it should say in the resort info what amenities are open. Normally they do.

jzchen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BI, HI- Kingsland
What happened with regards to the email? Can you ask for a forward? I think it fair if they tried to contact you regarding the closed amenities. Then your next step is to figure out how come you did not get the warning, (and within a reasonable time frame). For example did you enter a typo, or they somehow miscopied it? I guess they should have warned you when you made the confirmation call a month ago that you mentioned.

Your best bet is to try to drive to the other place, and back…

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What happened with regards to the email? Can you ask for a forward? I think it fair if they tried to contact you regarding the closed amenities. Then your next step is to figure out how come you did not get the warning, (and within a reasonable time frame). For example did you enter a typo, or they somehow miscopied it? I guess they should have warned you when you made the confirmation call a month ago that you mentioned.

Your best bet is to try to drive to the other place, and back…
Good Point. II and RCI are good about warning of issues with construction or closed amenities. Its usually on a discloser page before you finalize your purchase. I wonder if GPX simply doesn't have the resources and dropped the ball.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That is awful when you arrive to a surprise such as a pool that is closed. How long ago were the reservations made? I sometimes have a long lead time (12+ months) prior to our stay and have had a few surprises along the way, although for minor things like painting. I assume that the jobs were scheduled after I made the reservation and that I wasn't informed - either because the resort didn't inform the exchange company or because the exchange company didn't reach out to me because the exchange was made long ago. I would think that a fair ask would be for a refund of the exchange fees for the second week or at least a credit that you can use going forward for another exchange.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Renovations

The following facilities or services will be unavailable from
January 10 2023 to February 24 2023 (dates subject to change):

• Bar/Lounge(s)
  • Dining venue(s)
  • Swimming pool

So many attractions to explore in the area
Relax by the pool and unwind in the soothing hot tub
at their sister property - The Marquee Villa Resort

Palm Canyon Resort is...
3.6 mi from Palm Springs Convention Center
About 7 mi from Palm Springs Air Museum,
7.5 miles from Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
Take a tour of this popular, historical garden showplace
Moorten Botanical Garden - Cactarium - Cactus Castle

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Renovations

The following facilities or services will be unavailable from
January 10 2023 to February 24 2023 (dates subject to change):

• Bar/Lounge(s)
  • Dining venue(s)
  • Swimming pool

So many attractions to explore in the area
Relax by the pool and unwind in the soothing hot tub
at their sister property - The Marquee Villa Resort

Palm Canyon Resort is...
3.6 mi from Palm Springs Convention Center
About 7 mi from Palm Springs Air Museum,
7.5 miles from Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
Take a tour of this popular, historical garden showplace
Moorten Botanical Garden - Cactarium - Cactus Castle
Where did you find that? Lesson learned, always do your due diligence!

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Made the reservation in August. They have already confirmed they never sent me an email. They claim it was sent to Gpx. I have been renting and trading in the desert for over 25 years. I don't need to see the botanical gardens again. And we can go to 5 other resorts and use there pools. It's just nice when you don't have to drive the car to sunbath, swim, or soak. And again it would have been nice to be warned. Even the front desk should have said something. If this would have happened at my Mirbrisa or GPP they would have compensated with at least a complementary weeks stay at least.

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion- may want to edit and add paragraphs. Very difficult to read as one big block of text.

Cheers.
Thank you for adding the paragraphs.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The pool at Palm Canyon was one of the nicest pool complexes we have ever seen when we were there 10 years ago. I wonder what required the extensive repairs.

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure either. They still have not provided a solution for my next week.

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update with a happy ending. After 4 days of H*** the general manager in conjunction with GPX transferred me to the Desert Isle with a pool and hot tub and quiet and peace. Thank you for all the help here and thank you Allison The GM.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
I stayed at this resort about 10 years ago. It was such a disaster that we left and ended up getting a replacement week. On the upside, it is nice to hear that they are finally doing upgrades on the property.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update with a happy ending. After 4 days of H*** the general manager in conjunction with GPX transferred me to the Desert Isle with a pool and hot tub and quiet and peace. Thank you for all the help here and thank you Allison The GM.
I really like Desert Isle. Good fix.

chipman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desert Isle was nice. I found out one of the people that made it happen was Ryan McKuen a Hilton Inventory manager. One day I want to be able to thank him directly.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Glad to hear it was resolved amicably.
While HGVC now owns DRI and rebranded them as HVC (no G),
they're still DRI facilities & DRI peep, just with different labels.

But hopefully, corporate response to these situations will improve.
HGVC has a rep of being a stand-up company that fixes issues.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Glad to hear it was resolved amicably.
While HGVC now owns DRI and rebranded them as HVC (no G),
they're still DRI facilities & DRI peep, just with different labels.

But hopefully, corporate response to these situations will improve.
HGVC has a rep of being a stand-up company that fixes issues.
I would say HGV has not only a good reputation to fix issues, they do a good job keeping their resorts updated. For example, one of the oldest resorts is Flamingo in Las Vegas. The pictures of the newly remodeled rooms are very nice.