• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

nicest II resort Williamsburg (not Marriott)

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Reviving this thread for anyone considering Colonial Williamsburg. We stayed in Greensprings for Dec 2022 Grand Illuminations on RCI extra vacation for $300 2br/week and it was fine, kitchen was OK, barebones (cheap) pots/pans. We also went to Busch Gardens Christmas Towne--for $39/ticket, it was fun for 4-5 hours and quite a bargain compared to WDW!
For Grand Illuminations 2023, I just booked with II AC certificate a 3BR Kings Creek Cottage (KCP in Interval), so I assume we get the entire cottage--thanks, WackyMother for the description!
The Cottages are older than the Townes. The Cottages are little houses with a large 2br and a very small 1br. The 2br side is large and comfy, with a big living room where everyone can hang out together, and a front porch. If you can get the whole 3br Cottage, that's very nice bc someone can have a separate apartment, still in your own private little house.

DRIless

Reaction score
Don't forgot Lightfoot Plantation Holiday Inn Club Vacation.
They have a 4 lane bowling alley

Daniel
... and one of the streets in the resort is named for the neighboring house/farm I lived in early in life. Pottery Factory bought it from us when they were visualizing KingsLand, Lightfoot's answer to Busch Gardens and Kingsmill.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread for anyone considering Colonial Williamsburg. We stayed in Greensprings for Dec 2022 Grand Illuminations on RCI extra vacation for $300 2br/week and it was fine, kitchen was OK, barebones (cheap) pots/pans. We also went to Busch Gardens Christmas Towne--for $39/ticket, it was fun for 4-5 hours and quite a bargain compared to WDW!
For Grand Illuminations 2023, I just booked with II AC certificate a 3BR Kings Creek Cottage (KCP in Interval), so I assume we get the entire cottage--thanks, WackyMother for the description!
That's great! Hope you enjoy it!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The whole cottage, I feel is a 3 bedroom unit. The one bedroom unit I think is the lockout unit. Please let us know.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
The whole cottage, I feel is a 3 bedroom unit. The one bedroom unit I think is the lockout unit. Please let us know.
I own one and that's how they are set up. Large 2br on one side, tiny 1br on the other. If you book a 3br Cottage, you get the whole little house.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guessing it’s the cottages? How would I know? It was KCP in II. II has 2 other designations for Estates and Townes. So, I’m guessing it’s not them?

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guessing it’s the cottages? How would I know? It was KCP in II. II has 2 other designations for Estates and Townes. So, I’m guessing it’s not them?
KCP is the designation for our Cottage. I think you've got a Cottage.

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last poster's comments are pretty much on point given the location, but Kings Creek has a very direct route to the college and is probably much faster than some others.

My two cents on the II oriented resorts.....Colonies and Vacation Village are just okay, but the location is good. Hilton's Historic Powhattan is a nice resort to me, but I can't tell you about the upkeep or condition of the units. It is close to the college. The ones that are really close to campus (Bluegreen, Westgate, Patriots Place) aren't great IMO, more that they are hotel conversions. I don't like Greensprings because the units are not great in terms of quality.

I would pick Powhattan and then Kings Creek. If Kings Creek, it is a fairly large complex. The Estates are 4BR lock offs with multiple configurations. The Towns are 4BR lock offs into 2 2BR units. These have a small extra room off the master that could be considered a bedroom with a sleep sofa. The original section (Cottages) are 3BR lock offs with a 2BR and a very small 1BR. Go for Towns or Estates.
Powhattan is terrible..just there in May..Go Kingcreek or Kingsgate closer to Wm & Mary

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update…I don’t think that we got “cottages”- it was a free standing cottage, but in the Townes section. The living room seemed older decor and not as nice as “cottages” photos.
Info on unit:
3rd bedroom was lockoff next door on 1st floor with small 1br (king bed) with pullout in living room. Very nice master bath. Apt size oven/fridge. 2br side-Living room typical was condo style-no vaulted ceiling like cottages, 2 upstairs BR/2 very small bathrooms.
For II AC for 7 people it was :thumbup:, but disappointed we didn’t have big living room for family get together.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
@elaine, I just stayed at The Townes at King's Creek Plantation and the kitchen faucet broke and stopped working. Disappointing Stay, Management Refused to Move us to a Unit with a Kitchen faucet that Worked. We were there in October and there were a ton of units open, they said just use the faucets in the bathroom, I thought that was unacceptable as we like to make most meals at the unit.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
@elaine, I just stayed at The Townes at King's Creek Plantation and the kitchen faucet broke and stopped working. Disappointing Stay, Management Refused to Move us to a Unit with a Kitchen faucet that Worked. We were there in October and there were a ton of units open, they said just use the faucets in the bathroom, I thought that was unacceptable as we like to make most meals at the unit.
A broken kitchen faucet should have been replaced. There are so many hardware stores located in the Williamsburg area where a broken kitchen faucet could have been purchase . To the OP, did you call the resort manager?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A broken kitchen faucet should have been replaced. There are so many hardware stores located in the Williamsburg area where a broken kitchen faucet could have been purchase . To the OP, did you call the resort manager?
@pedro47 , yes he is the one that suggested using the bathroom faucets for water...When I went to the office to tell them the maintenance person telling me the kitchen faucet was not fixable was not ok with us and his response was just use the bathroom faucets. He went on an on saying he has an employee shortage.

I was really disappointed in the stay, as I can tolerate a lot but not having a running kitchen faucet is really not acceptable especially since they had a ton of units that they could have moved us to.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
@pedro47 , yes he is the one that suggested using the bathroom faucets for water...When I went to the office to tell them the maintenance person telling me the kitchen faucet was not fixable was not ok with us and his response was just use the bathroom faucets. He went on an on saying he has an employee shortage.

I was really disappointed in the stay, as I can tolerate a lot but not having a running kitchen faucet is really not acceptable especially since they had a ton of units that they could have moved us to.
Suggestion only I would write someone in corporate about your situation or report this to the Virginia Health Department in Richmond, Virginia or at the local health department level. The local health inspector should be notified about this situation.

This is could be a health issue or a problem to your family in the future.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recall someone a few years ago who called RCI/II to inform them of their exchange unit's substandard conditions. I think RCI/II refunded their points or gave them an exchange credit.
No sink in kitchen is unacceptable--for both cooking and cleaning. That is truly bizarre, esp. with vacant units to which they could have moved you. We had a very pleasant stay, but didn't need to call for any issues.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP..Ask your home resort Maintenance Dept. what would they do and call your local health department and ask is this a hotel / timeshare health violation ?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recall someone a few years ago who called RCI/II to inform them of their exchange unit's substandard conditions. I think RCI/II refunded their points or gave them an exchange credit.
No sink in kitchen is unacceptable--for both cooking and cleaning. That is truly bizarre, esp. with vacant units to which they could have moved you. We had a very pleasant stay, but didn't need to call for any issues.
@elaine - I so agree having no sink in the kitchen is truly unacceptable, it was an exchange from my quarter house in II. When I was still there I called II and they said I would have to deal with it myself and contact the manager on site at the resort and that manager felt that using the bathroom sink to cook and and clean was perfectly acceptable. I wrote a horrible review explaining the whole kitchen sink not working when they sent me a survey to complete and never heard a response from Spinnaker.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
deleted wrong thread

Last edited: