• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newport Coast Villas presentation incentive

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Heading there next month! What’s the normal incentive for attending a presentation there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We were there last year and they didn't even make us an offer.

Sheila

Vacation1

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what we were offered last November (2019). We took the 400 Destination Points. We were happy.
  • $200 Visa Gift Card or 400 Destination Points
  • 35,000 Marriott Rewards Points
  • $180 Spa Credit to Spa By the Sea (Our Spa here on property)

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
This is what we were offered last November (2019). We took the 400 Destination Points. We were happy.
  • $200 Visa Gift Card or 400 Destination Points
  • 35,000 Marriott Rewards Points
  • $180 Spa Credit to Spa By the Sea (Our Spa here on property)

Gift card can be used outside the resort?

Woj

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 marriott cypress harbour
1 marriott custom house
Go to Cypress Harbour and attend the sales presentation! We were offered a $200 American Express gift card, which you can use anywhere AMX is taken, and I stated that for us to take the time from our vacation it would take $250 so we went. By the way this is the fourth time we attended. I stated that we attended the presentation numerous times and we are not buying and we were told that it is not a problem. We usually check in on a Saturday morning and are given the card and off we go to purchase steaks and lobsters for the stay!

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Heading there next month! What’s the normal incentive for attending a presentation there?

We were there in late October 2019...had our choice of 650 Destination Club Points or 50,000 Bonvoy points or $300 Amex gift card

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North

Please report what was offered after you presentation. I am heading there in April.

Vacation1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please report what was offered after you presentation. I am heading there in April.
Encore package offered - 4 nights - 5 days at Newport Villas - $799 when arriving choice of $300 Amex Card or 50,000 Bonvoy Points

CourtShorr

Reaction score
We are currently buying a week floating high week at NCV but we are going in June on someone else's week. Will we be offered a presentation even if we just bought resale?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Go to Cypress Harbour and attend the sales presentation! We were offered a $200 American Express gift card, which you can use anywhere AMX is taken, and I stated that for us to take the time from our vacation it would take $250 so we went. By the way this is the fourth time we attended. I stated that we attended the presentation numerous times and we are not buying and we were told that it is not a problem. We usually check in on a Saturday morning and are given the card and off we go to purchase steaks and lobsters for the stay!
2500+ miles is a bit far to go from Newport Coast to get $50 more than the presentation there.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We were offered a 150 dollar Visa card last week. We declined, little to no pressure.
This was also our offer in December.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The offer is based on more than just the location. A lot depends on how many people they have signed up. They have targets to meet, if flow is low, they offer more to get more in the door. You are also profiled. So they may offer one person less while offering the next person more.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
We were there last week. It was 30,000 MR points, $250 or Vacation club points, can't remember how many.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Do they usually invite you by email before or when your there?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a much smaller offer on Maui. 15000 Bonvoy, 200 destination points, a whale cruise, $100.

We didn’t plan on going but it was the lowest offer we’ve ever had.:shrug: I guess Maui ocean club is so beloved they don’t need to up the ante for a presentation.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in late October 2019...had our choice of 650 Destination Club Points or 50,000 Bonvoy points or $300 Amex gift card

Wow, I'd take that offer for sure! I'd likely go with the Bonvoy points in my case, though, DC points is close.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Last month we were at Marriott Canyon Villas and the Concierge offer the couple in front of us, $150 or... or... They signed up for the presentation. Then it was our turn. We were offered $100. Apparently when you have said "NO" enough times that you drop from a worthy prospect to a "waste of time" prospect. Ha ha.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Invited my wife and i immediately after we checked in
Wow, I'd take that offer for sure! I'd likely go with the Bonvoy points in my case, though, DC points is close.
we took the 650 Destination Club Points...and used the “gift” to stay 2 more nights at NCV