• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newest Sales Gimmick at Seaside?

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
We are at Seaside and lost our resolve Not to attend an education, headed there in a couple of hours. The newest hook snagged us. "TIME: Secured Inventory". Reserving prior to 13 months and securing the actual room prior to arrival. Told that as Platinum owners we would now be eligible for this FREE perk but had to Activate it by attending and learning about it. Sigh. I couldn'r resist for 2 reasons: 1) the possibility that it was actually true and; 2) the possibility that it was actually true and a new work around the rules which really ticks me off.

If you too have heard about this and can save me from myself please let me know! Otherwise I'll post the outcome later :-(

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just came back last night from Seaside. Normally I am on their list to not bother me with presentations. The new guy approached me and told me about it and gave me the brochure on it.

I did not go as I figure it will be like paying the MF using credits. Doable but does not make sense.

Please let us know.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Remember your response to every offer to attend an "Owner Update" is no until the Worldmark BOD restores 1 night stays and noon checkout. Also tell them you are not recommending Worldmark to Family and Friends until these are restored.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
Righto ~ Actually got out with no hassle. The gimmick is not a gimmick if you're a Wyndham points owner, which of course we are not. I didn't even think to ask. So I'm not sure why they still want us to attend. Guillermo was our sales rep very nice, very low pressure.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Righto ~ Actually got out with no hassle. The gimmick is not a gimmick if you're a Wyndham points owner, which of course we are not. I didn't even think to ask. So I'm not sure why they still want us to attend. Guillermo was our sales rep very nice, very low pressure.
The gimmick is still a gimmick for wyndham owners. Gold and above can request a specific room at the time of booking but it is still a request and not guaranteed.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
The gimmick is still a gimmick for wyndham owners. Gold and above can request a specific room at the time of booking but it is still a request and not guaranteed.
Do you know if they can also book before their booking time? The fellow that lured us in used the example you can book before 13 months in advance? Of course that also speaks to the fact that he knew we were Worldmark not Wyndham and that it in no way applied.....

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
you can book before 13 months in advance
If true, that is a significant change, and very bad news for Worldmark owners. My understanding has been that folks with Club Pass can cross book (Wyndham to Worldmark, Worldmark to Wyndham) at 9 months. On a quick search, I did find a very dense pdf for something called the Privileges by Wyndham program that allows booking for "affiliate resorts" like Worldmark at 13 months, and book "associate resorts" at 14 months. I could not find specific info about who the associate resorts are.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
If there was any truth to this the sales rep was eager to hide it. He was obviously irritated at how many times I went back to that advert that brought us in, finally in irritation flipping it back to the front (he had flipped it over) and saying "that doesn't apply to you, just to Wyndham owners" and flipping it back. So it is still possible they are doing a workaround with them. Or I wonder, does it apply to the locations that are now built and occupied by both, such as Portland - Waterfront?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
If there was any truth to this the sales rep was eager to hide it. He was obviously irritated at how many times I went back to that advert that brought us in, finally in irritation flipping it back to the front (he had flipped it over) and saying "that doesn't apply to you, just to Wyndham owners" and flipping it back.
Thank you for clarifying this!!