• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie to HGVC

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
This forum has been extremely helpful to me in my recent purchase. Hubs and I bought a 3400 gold season (plus bonus points) at HGV South Beach for $14K this Monday, June 14th. Since trolling through this board, we will rescind the purchase immediately.

However, we really love the HGV concept and resorts. Where should we purchase a resale TS? It may be an unfounded fear but I'm worried about buying eBay for something that is possibly worth thousands.

I don't know what is a good deal or not since this is our first HGV (or any TS for that matter) experience.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Nancy

H

HGVCLover

This forum has been extremely helpful to me in my recent purchase. Hubs and I bought a 3400 gold season (plus bonus points) at HGV South Beach for $14K this Monday, June 14th. Since trolling through this board, we will rescind the purchase immediately.

However, we really love the HGV concept and resorts. Where should we purchase a resale TS? It may be an unfounded fear but I'm worried about buying eBay for something that is possibly worth thousands.

I don't know what is a good deal or not since this is our first HGV (or any TS for that matter) experience.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Nancy

I hope you were able to rescind.....that is not a good deal IMHO....I believe resale is the way to go and there are a lot of people on this board who are wizards at getting the most HGVC bang for the buck....

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I would highly recommend contacting either Seth or Judi - they are resale brokers that have helped many of us on this board purchasing resale. They use reputable closing companies, and there is rarely a problem reported with either of them. I don't have their contact information handy, but if you perform a search in this board you will find them.

Kurt

Curatio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give Judi Kozlowski a call, 1-800-541-5666 ex 622. She is a broker with RE/MAX and she specializes in HGVC timeshares. She comes highly recommended from many TUG members.

I just closed on my first ever timeshare (4800 pt HGVC LV Strip for $5700), and she was great to work with. She did all the legwork and made life very easy for me.

Good luck!

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give Judi Kozlowski a call, 1-800-541-5666 ex 622. She is a broker with RE/MAX and she specializes in HGVC timeshares. She comes highly recommended from many TUG members.

I just closed on my first ever timeshare (4800 pt HGVC LV Strip for $5700), and she was great to work with. She did all the legwork and made life very easy for me.

Good luck!

We have bought 2 HGVC properties through Judi, and our in-laws have bought through Judi too. Her people are FANTASTIC! :cheer: Give her a call.

Last edited:

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I have looked through Judi's website and will give her a call. I also noticed that Seth is selling on Ebay. I am going to contact both. This board and its members are awesome! :cheer:

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I bought from both Judi and Seth, and they are terrific to work with. Both of them sell on ebay, as well as other places. In fact, my purchase from Seth was listed on ebay. Both transactions went through quickly without a problem.

toontoy

Reaction score
On redweek there are a couple points packages that are a bargain. I would also look at the tug marketplace. I would suggest bartering for a good deal, it seems most things are passing ROFR right now

poorguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another recommendation for Judi.

We just recently closed on our SeaWorld purchase through her. The transaction was seamless and she was a pleasure to work with.

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update!

Our offer for $4800 for 4800 plat points @ SeaWorld just passed ROFR. It took about 5 days for HGVC to respond and waive the ROFR. Judi has been a delight to work with. We're closing this week!