• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie question

bsutton19

Reaction score
I am looking at jumping into the timeshare game, and it looks like the Wyndham program may suit my needs the best. My family take 1-2 trips a year to Myrtle Beach during the summer, and I am concerned about buying points without the ability to get the area/week I need. Is there any way to check inventory on MB properties? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank You.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want Myrtle Beach during the summer, you wil probably need to buy points deed to one of the MB properties. That will give you ARP (Advanced Reservation Priority) which will allow you to make reservations 11-13 months out. Everyone else can make reservations at 10 months out but by then summer MB weeks will probably all be booked.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
glad you asked the question before buying...

No big rush to own. Consider renting a week to see if you like the MB properties?

And if and when you decide to buy...which shouldn't be until you've read up some more...only buy resale, not directly from the Wyndham system. Seriously, do an eBay search for MB timeshares to see the going price for resales...dime a dozen is not just an expression.

Take your time.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to check inventory on MB properties? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank You.

One way is to ask a current Wyndham owner to check for you.

Right now, for example, there is pretty good inventory for June, July and August 2012 at Ocean Boulevard and Towers on the Grove. But Dye Villages, the Cottages, Westwinds and Seawatch are all booked until mid/late August.

I agree that it is a good idea to rent first to check out resorts before buying. There are plenty of owners with many points who regularly rent out reservations.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I am looking at jumping into the timeshare game, and it looks like the Wyndham program may suit my needs the best. My family take 1-2 trips a year to Myrtle Beach during the summer, and I am concerned about buying points without the ability to get the area/week I need. Is there any way to check inventory on MB properties? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank You.

I monitor the Myrtle Beach market on a continuing basis, I can look up availablity for you on request. You would need to buy a lot of points and the maintance fees are high for a summer week. I think the ownership there is a good deal if that is what you like. Available properties at Mrytle Beach and N. Mrytle Beach are not a huge number on E-Bay. Very few in fact, considering the amount of timeshares under Wyndham's control their that is great. I own 5 Wynhdam timeshares there with Wyndham and a lease at the Sands Ocan Club. All are on the Ocean. Just checked Wyndham Mrytle Beach timeshares. Five listings came up. Two were rentals, three were sales. Dime a dozen for Wynhdam Mrytle Beach is becoming a thing of the past.

Last edited: