• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Pueblo Bonito EB Mazatlan

suerun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a timeshare in Mexico that I need to sell. How do I start? Are there any special requirements, since it's in Mexico. My husband died, and I don't know where to begin. I would appreciate any hep I can get.
Thank you!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So sorry to hear about your husband's death.

Here's a good place to start. Since your resort is in Mexico, it isn't too hard to transfer ownership. Timeshares there are "right to use" rather than deeded property so there shouldn't be any complications in transferring ownership. You'll just notify the resort of the sale and they'll change the name of the owners on their records for a fee--probably around $100.

Last edited:

suerun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for such quick response. So. if I find a buyer, then I contact the resort? I had called them and asked how to go about it, and they're response was to contact a timeshare sale group. They were of little help, not to mention very short replies. Thanks

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So. if I find a buyer, then I contact the resort?
Yes. We own at PB Rose in Cabo. Last year we wanted to transfer our ownership into the name of our family trust. We just notified the resort, signed a form, and paid the fee and they took care of it. I'm sure it would be the same procedure if you sold it to someone.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
I have a timeshare in Mexico that I need to sell. How do I start? Are there any special requirements, since it's in Mexico. My husband died, and I don't know where to begin. I would appreciate any hep I can get.
Thank you!
Sorry to hear your news. I am sorry to add more bad news. Your timeshare is not worth very much at resale. It is a right to use that expires in about six or seven years. It is a very nice place and the maintenance fees are very reasonable. Do not pay anyone in advance to list it or sign a contract for a guaranteed minimum commission. I suggest you list it on ebay with no reserve and a one dollar opening price. (e.g. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260280636227&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123 ) While this is not actually real estate, it may be better in your case to find an internet based closing service that the ebay listing makes clear that the buyer must pay.
Jack

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is a right to use that expires in about six or seven years.
I think the OP's resort might be Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, judging from the title of the first post in this thread, rather than PB Mazatlan--the one listed on eBay.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
I think the OP's resort might be Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, judging from the title of the first post in this thread, rather than PB Mazatlan--the one listed on eBay.
Karen,
My error. I have no idea what a current resale value range is of Emerald Bay, but my point to the OP remains to not get taken by the various schemes that prey on folks unfamiliar with the secondary time share resale market
Here's an active ebay listing for PBEB with no bids at the time of this writing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140261323500&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123
Jack

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
my point to the OP remains to not get taken by the various schemes that prey on folks unfamiliar with the secondary time share resale market
I totally agree with you--that's excellent advice.