• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

newbie needing help with credit pool

laurintex

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this board and after reading for the last three weeks or so, I feel like I can finally formulate a question. I know it has been covered to death but I still don't completely understand it. I am considering buying a Wyndham Orlando property for the purpose of family reunions every two or three years. Therefore, I will be looking for a resort that has 3 bedrooms. I would love a 4 bedroom presidential but that is dreaming. My question is this: if I buy a point package worth 158,000 annual points, what is the best way to book this family unit? I know I can't credit pool and ARP using those points. We would probably be going the first week of January 2010. Is using what would be the current year points for 2009 and borrowing from 2010 a good way to do it? Is there a better way?

I am so grateful for this board. It has saved me so much time and money already! Thank you so much for any help you can give me!:D

Laura

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only borrow from the following years points within a short time of the reservation date.

For the sometimes you need more points to book at the 10 mth mark, you probably are better off renting those points from another Wyndham member.

Caius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Laura,

Assuming you were to buy a deed with a use year running Jan 1 to Dec 31, you'd have to credit pool your 2009 points before 1/1/09, which would extend their use for three years from the date that you pool them. They could then be combined with your 2010 points for a January 2010 reservation.

Basham's suggestion is also good - there are many Wyndham owners renting out their points, for typically between $5-7 per thousand points. A good source for this is the Wyndham Resorts Forums, http://forums.atozed.com/index.php. You need to be an owner to rent points, but once you're an owner, you can rent as many points as you'd like from other owners. Rented points (like credit pool points) cannot be used for ARP.

Another option is, I believe Orlando is an easy area to exchange into through RCI. I don't know how much more difficult your desired room size would make an exchange.

Good luck

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you can only ARP up to your annual allotment--you cannot borrow or use pool credits to ARP.

Early January, though, should be easy to get during Standard. Right now, there are 3BR weeks available for every week in January at Bonnet Creek and Star Island. It seems that Star Islands has 3BRs only with a Friday and Sunday check-ins year-round. However Star Island and Cypress Palms also have 2BR LOs, and in one of the two, the B-side can be set up as two private sleeping spaces.

laurintex

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to write and offer your advice. I will definitely consider renting the points. I guess I'm trying to figure out a way to book one of the large 3 bedroom units in the 13 month ARP time frame. If I bought one contract annual and one every other year at the same resort, then I could book in the arp time period every other year, right?

Laura

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you have enough points. But, again, for January at Bonnet Creek, you won't need ARP for a 3BR. Right now, there are still check-ins for 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4 at 3BRs there, and that's barely five months from now. ARP is overkill for what you want.

A 4BR is a different story---those are gone. But, 3BR should be doable.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to write and offer your advice. I will definitely consider renting the points. I guess I'm trying to figure out a way to book one of the large 3 bedroom units in the 13 month ARP time frame. If I bought one contract annual and one every other year at the same resort, then I could book in the arp time period every other year, right?

Laura

Do you really want to have 3 families lived together? If not, doing one or two RCI exchange, and fill the need by using Wyndham points.

Rent points can not beused in ARP, you may also credit pool 2010 points and used it in 2009

Jya-Ning