• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Just Purchase Westgate Smokey Mountain

todd30110

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased on July 17 from Westgate. I paid $16,086 for 1 bdr 2 bath one week every year any time. Did I do well? I also got a gold membership to interval international and they are giving me unlimited on the getaways.

Holly

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are within your cancellation period, I would rescind and stick around here and learn more about Timeshares. You can get what you bought a lot cheaper on the resale market.

Good luck to you and welcome to TUG.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancel Now...

Rescind now...that resort goes for less than $3000 resale. Check prices on ebay.com, holidaygroup.com , Timesharewholesalers.com , and TUG ...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Unfortunately, you paid way to much for a resort system that many on TUG feel is terribly mismanaged. My advice to you is to rescind immediately - which is a completely legal way to cancel the contract and get all your money back. I wrote this FAQ for another TS company, but besides that, everything in it applies to you. - Rescinding FAQ

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Too late to change. Learn to enjoy

Well, if you go past the rescind period you had better learn to enjoy it. Good deal? Take a look around here and on ebay to see what your purchase is worth should you ever decide to sell. And Wastegate isn't exactly the cream f management/developers to have to own with.

But you liked what you saw, you bought it so now enjoy it. Water over the dam. If it were me I'd rescind - yesterday!

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Rescinda-Sinda-Sinda.

1. You paid too much (by contrast, say, with the same thing or equivalent via resale).

2. It's a WestGate timeshare -- nice resort, but not necessarily a nice ongoing relationship between owners & Mr. WestGate.

3. If there's still time, Rescinda-Sinda-Sinda, then . . .

4. Read up. Wise up. Get semi-savvy. Buy a timeshare resale. Save $10,000

5. Good luck.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax Count), Virginia, USA.​

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
No question, rescind ASAP if you are still able to.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind Immediately

You're so lucky that you can still rescind and save yourself about $12,000. Don't hesitate.

todd30110

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Advice

Rescind Letter is in the Mail!!! I am so glad I found this place today! Thanks for the help!!!

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Saved another potential disenchanted owner

Rescind Letter is in the Mail!!! I am so glad I found this place today! Thanks for the help!!!

Best move in all of timeshare almost ownership. Rescinding a Wastegate purchase. Congratulations. Very smart move.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get a return receipt requested when you mailed the letter? If not, send it again, keeping the receipt so you have proof of the date it was mailed, which is all that matters.