• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

newbie-how do I deposit SW affiliate week with HGVC?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I reserved a week thru the lottery system with a SW HGVC affiliate and joined HGVC. We have a long trip to Hawaii planned later this year and don't foresee using our 2021 week. I want to deposit with HGVC and book elsewhere with HGVC. I've emailed the resort and didn't get an answer back yet on how to put my week into HGVC.
thanks, Elaine (ps--I don't have any bill for my HGVC dues of $186--shouldn't this be on the website when I log in? It only shows my annual fees to resort as paid.)

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
I reserved a week thru the lottery system with a SW HGVC affiliate and joined HGVC. We have a long trip to Hawaii planned later this year and don't foresee using our 2021 week. I want to deposit with HGVC and book elsewhere with HGVC. I've emailed the resort and didn't get an answer back yet on how to put my week into HGVC.
thanks, Elaine (ps--I don't have any bill for my HGVC dues of $186--shouldn't this be on the website when I log in? It only shows my annual fees to resort as paid.)
Email C@hgvc.com and ask for the south florida inventory activation agreement form. A 1 time fee will required to activate your week .this is club support

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Once your week is fully enrolled into HGVC and you have your login and can see the reservation when in your account, you can simply call HGVC to cancel that reservation. The points will then become "available points" in your account.

Kurt

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
Here is the form from 2018 to give you an idea on what it looks like. I'm pretty sure it will be a similar form today

Attachments

• South Florida Inventory Activation Agreement.PDF
    164.8 KB · Views: 9

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Email C@hgvc.com and ask for the south florida inventory activation agreement form. A 1 time fee will required to activate your week .this is club support

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I believe she took advantage of the free enrollment campaign posted in this thread last year.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you already have access to the HGVC member's website...
It will show your next booking at the resort... cancel that (online or by calling).
The points used by that booking will magically appear within a few minutes.

BTW, your club dues may be a line in your MF bill, or billed later.

If there's still an issue with your enrollment...
Some affiliates have an on-site HGVC rep who can help with this.
I'd try giving the resort's rep a call to walk you thru the process.
Or call HGVC's member service center directly.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you already have access to the HGVC member's website...
It will show your next booking at the resort... cancel that (online or by calling).
The points used by that booking will magically appear within a few minutes

Yes, I enrolled during free enrollment. I have a HGV # and can log in and see my reservation at my home resort. I am asking mechanically how do I deposit my week that I selected directly from the resort. I thought that I might have to initiate from the resort for them to deposit? But, I couldn't get in touch with the onsite rep last week. So, I just call HGV to deposit? (I'm too nervous to just click cancel online).

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Yes, I enrolled during free enrollment. I have a HGV # and can log in and see my reservation at my home resort. I am asking mechanically how do I deposit my week that I selected directly from the resort. I thought that I might have to initiate from the resort for them to deposit? But, I couldn't get in touch with the onsite rep last week. So, I just call HGV to deposit? (I'm too nervous to just click cancel online).

If you are nervous, I would call member services. They are really helpful.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no need for you to actually "deposit" the week. You can already see your Home Week reservation at Eagle's Nest on the HGVC portal.

If you want HGVC points in 2021 in lieu of using your Home Week at Eagle's Nest, just cancel your Eagle's Nest reservation from the HGVC portal (go to your Upcoming Reservations page and click on Cancel Reservation) and the HGVC points will show up on your available 2021 ClubPoints. You will actually see how many points you will get on the screen just before you confirm cancellation.

cancelres.PNG

cancelconfirm.PNG

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There's no need to manually deposit your week. It's done automatically (by magic).
Your resort reports your week to HGVC and they post it as a "home week" booking.
If you want to use the underlying points, you must cancel the booking with HGVC.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seagila, thanks for the photos. That looks easy peasy. Esp. as there's a confirmation before it's final.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Honestly, the first time I have HGVC cancel my fixed week booking. But, then as @Seagila has documented, it is the same as canceling a normal booking. Now, I just do it myself.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll have to call. There's a "view details" and "create guest certif." but no option to cancel online. It does show how many points I "used," which is what the points chart says that week is worth. thanks.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The last two times, no cancel link. I had to call it in.
IDK if they're trying to make it difficult... maybe 'cuz its "special."

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks, I called and had the points deposited and made my 1st online reservation (and then modified it)! We're looking for Hawaii and availability is in flux, so being able to grab something and swap out for free is great!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The last two times, no cancel link. I had to call it in.
IDK if they're trying to make it difficult... maybe 'cuz its "special."
That is my experience as well. I have 3 fixed week contracts at 3 different resorts. The reservations get automatically made for me well in advance of a year out (sometimes 2 years out), but if I want to cancel any of those weeks and get the points instead, I need to call as there is no "Cancel" link for those reservations in the portal.

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I have 3 reservations right now and my Chicago reservation (I‘ve had it since last May) has never had a cancel option. I can change it (I have several times), but no cancel. I know it’s not an affiliate and I don’t own there, but I thought it was strange that I would have to call in to cancel.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is my experience as well. I have 3 fixed week contracts at 3 different resorts. The reservations get automatically made for me well in advance of a year out (sometimes 2 years out), but if I want to cancel any of those weeks and get the points instead, I need to call as there is no "Cancel" link for those reservations in the portal.

Kurt

That's odd. I have 8 reservations in 2021-2022. 3 are HGVC and 5 are SW Florida affiliates. I have a 'cancel' link for all of them.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's odd. I have 8 reservations in 2021-2022. 3 are HGVC and 5 are SW Florida affiliates. I have a 'cancel' link for all of them.
Are they Club reservations or Home Week reservations? I was referring to my Home Week (fixed week) reservations. For Club reservations, I have only ever seen a reservation at the Chicago location that did not have the "Cancel" link.

Kurt

ETA: Make that two. I just noticed that my Club reservation at Liberty Place later this year has a "Change Reservation" link, but no "Cancel Reservation" link, whereas my other Club reservations have both links. Weird!

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 3 HGVC are Club reservations. The 5 affiliates reservations are fixed week SW Florida that are automatically reserved for me in advance.
The only HGVC home week reservation I ever make is for my Hawaii week, which I haven't made yet.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 3 HGVC are Club reservations. The 5 affiliates reservations are fixed week SW Florida that are automatically reserved for me in advance.
The only HGVC home week reservation I ever make is for my Hawaii week, which I haven't made yet.
It must just depend on the location. My two SW FL fixed week reservations without the "Cancel" link are at Charter Club and Surf Club.

Kurt

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
It must just depend on the location. My two SW FL fixed week reservations without the "Cancel" link are at Charter Club and Surf Club.

Kurt

Sounds like a possibility.

Mine are Sanibel Cottages, Casa Ybel, and Seawatch-on-the-Beach.