• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie HGVC question re:5000 pts gold

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you who own HGVC 5000 Annual Gold Points. What is the best/most you've been able to get in trading your 5000 points? Trying to find out how far 5000 points can reach...

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
An RCI exchange at 4800 points trades for a two bedroom unit red season. We have had some pretty good vacations that way.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on when, where, and how big. A friend of mine likes to stretch his points by staying during the week (less points than weekends) in studios during silver and gold seasons (less points than platinum season). He takes advantage of the open season in Vegas and Orlando during the Platinum seasons or weekends and is not picky which resort he stays at.

On the other hand, when I travel, I always need a 2BR and we stay a week. Point stretching is not something I am going to practice very much. Point borrowing is a different story...

As Pianodinosaur said, RCI can get you some good trades. That's how we got DVC Vero Beach... We tried for Sanibel/Captiva with the HGVC affiliates, but they were all booked. I'm still ecstatic that we got that trade...

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you exchange a 1-week 1bedroom into SFX (let's say, Las Vegas), that'd cost you 3400 points I think.

Then if you join SFX at Platinum level, you can also get a "free" upgrade (book a 2 bedroom) if available.

If you're going JUST through Hilton, I think there's only one resort with bronze season left, all the rest are gold/silver, in which case sometimes the 4800 RCI for 2-bedroom is your best bet (like in Hawaii it's was cheaper to use that route than say, 7,000 points for HGVC 2 bedroom)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
For those of you who own HGVC 5000 Annual Gold Points. What is the best/most you've been able to get in trading your 5000 points? Trying to find out how far 5000 points can reach...

I own even less points than you cause I own a 5K biennial gold unit. So far with my 2 years of ownership I've gotten 5 vacations and half of a 6th borrowing ahead til 2013 for an RCI exchange of half of those points. In 2013 I'll still have 2800 points to do another vacation along with whatever open season stays I feel like booking.

So far I've booked a four night 2 bedroom vacation at Marco Island in the summer, a 4 night studio stay in Carlsbad at Marbrisa and three open season rentals at Ft. myers beach, and two Orlando stays in high season in two and 3 bedrooms. If you use the open season for the overbuilt areas and aren't too picky in where you stay then you can use your points for the harder to book places like SW Florida or Hawaii. I still have a Manhattan Club exchange coming to me thru RCI for 2012.

I think I've stretched my points as much as possible with this ownership and yet still am able to take advantage of lots of open season cause I live in Florida where I've got lots of open season choices. I doubt this would be as valuable to me if I lived in somewhere where there weren't lots of HGVC resorts or affiliates to take advantage of this nice perk.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Three plus weeks in a studio at HHV during fall gold season.